D23 Gold Membership-Can Canadians Sign Up?

Lydia S

Canadian
Tried to sign up for D23 Gold Membership since they currently have a code for 30% off, but can’t seem to change the country from US to Canada. Is anyone else having this issue?

I can't answer the question about the website issue, but yes Canadians can sign up for membership (again not sure about the 30% off discount). We are Gold members, became Gold back in September.

I can't answer the question about the website issue, but yes Canadians can sign up for membership (again not sure about the 30% off discount). We are Gold members, became Gold back in September.

Do you receive the Gold membership gift to Canada as well or is it just the membership? I thought I had read somewhere that the gifts are no longer shipped up here, but if they are then I may upgrade :D

I wasn't able to sign up with the Black Friday deal as I couldn't change the shipping address from Canada to the US (as my dad lives there and I get the stuff shipped to him). If you're in Canada, they add a crazy shipping cost to the membership. It was so frustrating and I just gave up. I have been a member for a few years and have never had that problem before.

Do you receive the Gold membership gift to Canada as well or is it just the membership? I thought I had read somewhere that the gifts are no longer shipped up here, but if they are then I may upgrade :D
Yes I received the gift as well :love:

So just a quick update, I was able to get someone from D23 Customer Service to "fix" the canadian address issue, but as @MotherKnowsBest mentioned, the shipping cost is HIGH! Around $45 USD on top of the subscription cost, and even if you have a US address to ship to, it won't allow you to bill to a Canadian one. Re-thinking if I should join or not. The new "gift" for 2020 does look amazing though!

I went and tried again and cannot make it work to bill me in Canada and ship to my dad in the US. Super annoying since I have done it before! I would prefer to not even get the stuff then to pay the shipping costs. I don't need all the extra stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter