D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

I was wondering if I should sign up for d23 gold member. I know they get discounts and earlier access to certain things
For this, yes. There will be discounted pricing for gold members and if you want whatever the vip/preferred package will be for 2024 then you usually have to be a member to register with that type of registration.

I was wondering if I should sign up for d23 gold member. I know they get discounts and earlier access to certain things
Also the membership doesn’t run on a calendar year it works like an annual pass at Disney does with it expiring one year from purchase.

The new DVC Villas at the Disneyland Hotel are all booked up for 2024 D23 Expo. Waitlist only. DVC Villas at Grand Californian only showing 2 bedroom availability and no other rooms.

You know, this happened at BLT for the 50th Anniversary. All the rooms were sold out for DVC members, but oddly enough, I was able to book a one bedroom at BLT during the same time period for rack rate.

Disney holding DVC rooms up for cash-paying guests. :mad:

The new DVC Villas at the Disneyland Hotel are all booked up for 2024 D23 Expo. Waitlist only. DVC Villas at Grand Californian only showing 2 bedroom availability and no other rooms.

You know, this happened at BLT for the 50th Anniversary. All the rooms were sold out for DVC members, but oddly enough, I was able to book a one bedroom at BLT during the same time period for rack rate.

It is not that they hold cash-paying guests. Disney has to keep 2% of DVC points per Florida, not sure about California. They typically will rent out those 2% of points for cash rentals. I am interesting in how they determine to keep studios vs 1 bedroom vs 2 bedrooms, etc.

It’s not really that for the new Disneyland tower, I’m going to guess that maybe only 30% of the rooms are actually available for DVC point use. More of the rooms will to get declared for point use as sales increase.

Question: I booked my hotel via the D23 website and this will be my 1st time attending a D23 Event. Since I booked the hotel through the D23 Site does that get me any advanced notice of getting a ticket to the Event? Any idea the average cost of a Ticket to this event? It would be a shame if it sells out since I have a hotel already booked. Any insight is appreciated. Oh, I am a Gold D23 member if that matters.

Last edited:
Question: I booked my hotel via the D23 website and this will be my 1st time attending a D23 Event. Since I booked the hotel through the D23 Site does that get me any advanced notice of getting a ticket to the Event? Any idea the average cost of a Ticket to this event? It would be a shame if it sells out since I have a hotel already booked. Any insight is appreciate. Oh, I am a Gold D23 member if that matters.
It does not. Last year the preferred tickets were around $900 and the regular 3 day gold was around $200-$230 I want to say.

I'm curious... Are people already D23 members or will you join in order to attend the "Ultimate Fan Event" next year?

I'm curious... Are people already D23 members or will you join in order to attend the "Ultimate Fan Event" next year?
I’m already a member. I joined back in 2017 I think. Since I live in LA I’ve gone to other d23 events over the years.

I'll probably join gold when tickets come. I'll crunch the numbers then and see what ends up working best for my fam.

When hotels sell out do they book more rooms later? Or is your only chance of getting one if someone cancels? Most of these hotels dont even have most of their rooms available for those dates yet so its not like theyre out of rooms. I wanted the sheraton but it sold out for 2 nights that I needed.

When hotels sell out do they book more rooms later? Or is your only chance of getting one if someone cancels? Most of these hotels dont even have most of their rooms available for those dates yet so its not like theyre out of rooms. I wanted the sheraton but it sold out for 2 nights that I needed.
I’m going to guess that more rooms won’t be added into the group rates and that you would just need to monitor for a cancellation.

Does anyone remember when Gold member regular, not preferred, 3 day tickets sold out last year? Thanks

Does anyone remember when Gold member regular, not preferred, 3 day tickets sold out last year? Thanks
The general sale was 1/20/22 and the 3 day general/non-Gold Member tickets sold out that same day, I think. Also the general single day tickets for the Saturday. Gold Member tickets for the Saturday sold out on 1/21. I think the Gold Member 3 day tickets sold out around that time, too.

Last edited:
The general sale was 1/20/22 and the 3 day general/non-Gold Member tickets sold out that same day, I think. Also the general single day tickets for the Saturday. Gold Member tickets for the Saturday sold out on 1/21. I think the Gold Member 3 day tickets sold out around that time, too.
That sounds about right. It sold out very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter