Daily Housekeeping vs Trash and Towel?

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
Hi all!

Having just finished a trip with split locations, DH and I were talking about how much we prefer trash and towel vs every day Mousekeeping. Maybe we're not set out to be spoiled, but it gets to be a bit much...and I'm not talking tipping...

SSR was first for two nights - no T&T or Mousekeeping. We left a tip when we checked out, no big.

Royal Pacific Resort was next - daily housekeeping. It was odd to know someone had been in our room while we were gone, but nice to have the bed made. But hard to get used to the "was this here before?" "Did you move this?" Daily tips.

VWL for a week. T&T on Day #4. I like to clean up after us and make the bed every day - feels more at home and organized. On Day 4 we knew they were coming, left a nice tip. We had our privacy and I didn't feel the need to hang out the "leave us alone please" sign when we were in.

Last, Poly Concierge for 4 nights. Daily Mousekeeping, no rhyme or reason as to times. Nightly turn down, around 5:30 when we were usually getting ready for dinner. Mousekeeping carts - as many as 6-8 staggered outside the rooms in the hallways all at one time, throughout the day. Barely enough room to get around them. Daily tips - twice.

I feel like a princess - or maybe the opposite of princess - but I just like it so much better when we feel at home, not taken care of. Oddly, it feels even more pampering when we are on our own in our beautiful spacious rooms.

Our trip was marvelous and we learned so many new things...this being one of them. So as I sit here and put off packing for the flight home tomorrow, it was just something I was wondering about how you all feel.

Do you prefer the daily cleaning/fresh towels/made beds? Or the privacy of T&T and occasional cleaning? I'm not looking to see who agrees with me, just to see what you all think.

We previously(pre DVC) stayed at the FWCabins. I did the dishes, kids took the trash out, and we even vacuumed and swept dailey. We tipped everyday asking only that they make the beds.

SO,... I like T&T service since we do these things anyway and it takes a few minutes for everyone to make their beds. You're right I think, seriously makes it feel more like home, more relaxed and more secure.

Glad you had such a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

~DW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter