Dairy Farmers Wife IS going to Disney in March/April!

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
Hi, I am Jen.
I am hoping to go to Disney sometime in the next year. My goal right now is to get DH to agree to go in Dec,(for DD's b-day) but if not, probably in March of next year. I thought I would start kind of a pre-pretrip report to start getting my thoughts together on things I want to do.
My DH had a hip replacement last Oct. and still is having troubles with it, so that has made it hard for us to book, since we want him to be well (and be able to walk) before we go again.

Edited!!!! The Dec trip didn't happen because DH had surgery in Dec. The plan now is for March/April, including 3 nights on the Disney Dream!!!. The first couple of pages have my intro..after that you can jump to page 96, post 1429 to see my planning for the March/April trip.

I start my intro in post 13!

I try to color code my posts. The blue updates are more Disney related, while the red ones will be more about life in general.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Yeah. I have been patiently waiting for your next trip. I soooo enjoyed reading your last report. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys for joining! Just got back from one grad party tonight. 2 for tomorrow. For those that have followed me, you know that Paige just graduated Highschool. Her graduation party is next Sat, and Claire's recital is also next Sat., so a big busy week is ahead for me. Paige also turns 18 on Wed.
So for the next week, this thread may be pretty boring...heck it may be boring when I get started too. :confused3 :rotfl2: LOL! Only time will tell I guess. :hippie:

I have some ideas for our next trip...whenever it may be.....but I'll let you in on a secret. :rolleyes1 IF we go in Dec. for Claire's b-day, I would like to go to CRT to celebrate. That 180 day window opens tomorrow. :woohoo: I plan on trying to book it tomorrow AM ...just in case we go. :dance3: I figure I can always cancel when I know for sure....as time gets closer. :idea: (and I'm sure it will be snatched up immediately) But I would rather try to get it now and have it, than not being able to get anything good for that day. So thats my little plan for tomorrow. :rolleyes: :littleangel:

Coming from another wife whos husband was not going back to WDW for ' a few more years' I'm telling you to keep working on him! We go back this Sept/Oct!!!!!!! So you should be able to wear him down! Now my DH says he WILL NOT go back to WDW for our big trip in 2 yrs (we do a big trip every 2 years and 06, 08 and 2010 have been WDW years!), he says more like 4 years........:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yeah, we'll see!!!! LOL!

Good idea about booking CRT. Even if you don't go, you will reserve 'magic' for someone else!!!!

Coming from another wife whos husband was not going back to WDW for ' a few more years' I'm telling you to keep working on him! We go back this Sept/Oct!!!!!!! So you should be able to wear him down! Now my DH says he WILL NOT go back to WDW for our big trip in 2 yrs (we do a big trip every 2 years and 06, 08 and 2010 have been WDW years!), he says more like 4 years........:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yeah, we'll see!!!! LOL!

Good idea about booking CRT. Even if you don't go, you will reserve 'magic' for someone else!!!!

Good to know. LOL! I hope he softens a bit. he's not saying no yet at all. But not yes either. He likes to book things very last minute, while I'm a planner.

Thanks for joining

I'm here! I definitely think that booking CRT, and even a few others, is a good idea! That way you have them, even if you have to cancel them!

I agree. I know a few things I want to try. The only thing is, without knowing the exact dates and time length of the stay yet, I'm not sure about which days we will be visiting each park.
Plus there are so many places I want to try and many repeats I would like to do. LOL!

I think I'll try to get started on my intro!

I am Jen. Most people call me that, but my DH calls me Jennifer, as does my immediate family. I go by either...but never call me Jenny! Those are fighting words! :lmao:
I am a 41 year old mom of 3.
Michael, Paige and Claire.

3stinkers.jpg

(this was taken 2 summers ago...I need to get a newer one of the 3 of them)

I don't think I have any good recent pictures of myself. I am usually behind the camera. And for some reason other peoples pictures show me as fat? I can't imagine what they are doing to add all this weight to me? I know I am a size 2 and a perfect 10, but these pictures are all lying! :rotfl2:

paigeandI.jpg

I'm the one in the colorful dress by the way!

I live on a dairy farm with my DH of almost 8 years, Skip.

skip.jpg

We have 1 child together...Claire. And she is light of our world. She keeps me young, thats for sure.

blueeyegirl.jpg

So a little about us!

Skip and I got married on July 18, 2002. I had two children already, he had none, nor had he ever been married before. We just did a court house wedding, and then had a huge party/reception a few months later.

021_21.jpg

017_17.jpg

When I got married, I was at one of my skinniest points. I am working on trying to get back there. LOL! I don't think I ever will. It's so hard and I've actually put on a few pounds over the holidays that don't want to come off again. But I will keep at it for the rest of my life, I suppose.

DH is a dairy farmer. Which means he is busy all the time...or at least he uses that as an excuse to get out of things he doesn't want to do. :rolleyes:
He is lucky that I grew up on a farm. My dad didn;t come to alot of things, but my mom just took us without him. She always said she wasn't going to miss out on the fun, because he was busy. So I'm the same way.
But I do know it is hard for him to get away from the farm for very long. And I am very understadning about it......to a point. :cool2:

Here are some shots around the farm. Again, these are a few years old. I should go and take some updated stuff.

100_0669.jpg

100_0670.jpg

8a3a128c.jpg

100_0665.jpg

And our house. these pictures were taken after we first built, (2005), so the grass is more lush now, as are the flower beds. :lovestruc

100_0661.jpg

100_0697.jpg

I am a licensed cosmetologist, but have been a stay at home mom since we had Claire (in Dec of 2004)
I also used to work for AC Delco full time for a few years before I had Claire as well.
I love being at home, but I know someday I will have to go back to work, but do not look forward to that day.

Skip just turned 49 in May. He is into tractorpulling.
He took the year off last year, but plans to go out this year again and do some pulls.
It is fun to go to tractor pulls, but it can get really hot and the days can drag at times. But we have traveled to a few neat places because of it.
Claire loves it too!

100_0908.jpg

Look how little she is here! Aww!

pulloff.jpg

pullingonFri.jpg

Sunpull.jpg

On this trip we were in Tomah, Wisconsin. About 2 1/2 hours away from the Mall of Amercia. So Claire and I drove over there one of the days for fun. She had her hair done at Libby Lu, and thought she was just the most beautiful thing ever!

posingwithtractor.jpg

You can be beautiful at a Tractor Pull.

watchingtractors.jpg

So back on track.....
Skip does like Disney, but he's not obsessed like Claire and I are.
He ejnoys the trips alot, but is always ready to come at the end of each one. He likes to eat alot there too. :laughing: I always tell him, just because a buffet is all you can eat, doesn't mean you HAVE to. :rotfl:
Skip is one who doesn't like change either. So going to the same place over and over is good for him. When I try to get him to try new things, he usually is resistant a bit. Sometimes he will, but alot of times he won't.
For example, our 2009 trip was supposed to be a Disney Cruise, but he was so hesitant about it, and finally said, no, let's go back to WDW instead.
He is also pretty thrifty.....sort of...and thats a nice way of saying cheap. :rolleyes1
He will spend money like water on things he wants or "needs", like farm equiptment, and his tractor pulling hobby, but then in other areas he watches every dime.
Every year he has griped about the cost of Disney. But yet, he will ask why we didn't upgrade to this or that. Or if I say we could add this, but it will be $100 more, and he will say, "what's $100?". He also would rather pay more for a local flight out and rent a car, rather than driving to a further airport and being able to fly into MCO and use ME.
Once on the trip, he's not so bad. He has moments though,where he is a bit cheap, which is reason I like the dining plan. No griping about how much meals are. :dance3:
But last year he had no problem forking money out to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience Ride along. :wizard:

UPDATE

I was going to wait till after all my intro stuff was done to post this, but it could take me awhile, so I'll post it now.

I did get a CRT ADR for Dec. 10 at 4:15. Very excited. I was hoping for 5, but I knew that would be prime time, and we are OK with 4:15. We most likely will only eat a breakfast that day and be nice and hungry for dinner.
I also am going to try and call BBB in the next few days and get an appointment. I just have to decide on a time I want.

Hi Jen, it was great to see you had a PTR going. We are gong to be in Disney in Nov/Dec. Congrats on the CRT ressie and I hope you get at BBB apt. Now you just have to get hubby to say yes :thumbsup2. Can't wait to read more and see what outfits you come up with for Claire.

I'm here! A little late to the party but here nevertheless. Glad to see that you started a pre-trip report. At least you can get excited and maybe, just maybe, Skip will break down and say "let's go".

I loved the introductions. Your pictures are amazing as always.

Congrats on getting CRT booked. Hopefully, you can get a BBB appointment scheduled as easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!