Dairy intolerance food options

interstate70s

DIS Veteran
We're heading back to Disneyland in Nov for 4 days and my baby who is still nursing has a dairy intolerance. So no dairy for me! I've been looking through the park allergy menus on the app and it looks like at a lot of quick services, the only option is a hamburger and fries, and the occasional dole whip. Anyone out there with a dairy allergy found any more interesting options? Or any experience with the restaurants in Downtown Disney? We have reservations at the Blue Bayou as well.

THere are so many options beyond burgers! I don’t eat pizza or burgers there.

Chili at the cozy cones with no cheese,
Salads with no cheese or creamy dressings, many options at Rancho del zocalo Mexican.

Fried chicken and green beans at plaza inn

Pasta at boardwalk pizza & pasta.

Bengal bbq skewers.

Salad sounds really good at hungry bear. Possibly the wrap.

French Market is one of my faves. They have several options. Meatloaf, baked chicken, etc.

Blue bayou just mention your allergy. They will make whatever you order without dairy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I never really considered Bengal BBQ. Those should be ok. A lot of breading on chicken contains dairy so not sure about the Plaza. He has reactions from the small amounts cooked in or used as fillers as well so often times just leaving it off the top isn't enough.

Thanks for the suggestions. I never really considered Bengal BBQ. Those should be ok. A lot of breading on chicken contains dairy so not sure about the Plaza. He has reactions from the small amounts cooked in or used as fillers as well so often times just leaving it off the top isn't enough.
Don’t be afraid to ask to talk to a chef then at any of the locations. They will be able to tell you how items are cooked.

Yes, all restaurants have an allergy menu. And you can ask to speak to a Chef at counter service as well. They were so helpful at jolly holiday. My kids are gluten and dairy free. We found them something there!

In DTD, Jamba Juice can make many/most of their smoothies dairy free. I usually just ask for a whole banana to be substituted for the frozen yogurt. It costs an additional fee for a whole banana (instead of the usual scoop of frozen slices), but they have no problem making the substitution. You can probably sub OJ or something else non-dairy -- just ask what your options are.

There are loads of options, and you can get a bunch on the mobile ordering menu. We do love the DF pizza at Pizza planet as a junk food option, there are a couple of DF burgers around, but we don't come to Disney Parks for burgers. There are DF options at Bengal BBQ, Cocina Cucamonga and Lucky fortune cookery. Get the app, and check out the mobile ordering, it shows you at the bottom the allergy options, we also got a lovely DF breakfast (DF waffles and pancakes) at Plaza Inn, Storytellers and the PCH Grill. the DF option at Blue Bayou wasn't great, not worth the $. If all else fails you can get a pretzel or popcorm, the butter is fake! Talk to servers and chefs, you will eat well!

There are loads of options, and you can get a bunch on the mobile ordering menu. We do love the DF pizza at Pizza planet as a junk food option, there are a couple of DF burgers around, but we don't come to Disney Parks for burgers. There are DF options at Bengal BBQ, Cocina Cucamonga and Lucky fortune cookery. Get the app, and check out the mobile ordering, it shows you at the bottom the allergy options, we also got a lovely DF breakfast (DF waffles and pancakes) at Plaza Inn, Storytellers and the PCH Grill. the DF option at Blue Bayou wasn't great, not worth the $. If all else fails you can get a pretzel or popcorm, the butter is fake! Talk to servers and chefs, you will eat well!
There’s only one dairy free option at B.B.? What about the salmon? Steak?

Thanks for all the helpful information! We will be visiting in early December with a lactose intolerant 4 year old. So nice to know there are lots of good options!

I'm a vegetarian and often get the veggie tacos at Rancho del Zocalo. They're very good. You can simply ask that they make them without cheese. I've always found Disney to be exceptionally helpful and accommodating with diet/allergy concerns. When an allergy is stated, the chef has always come out to speak with me. I suspect you'll experience the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter