DAK - Flights of Passage.

peg110

DIS Veteran
So not sure why I was looking but I did a google for Disney's Flight of Passage and came up with the following article:

As I read the article, it details "Ride-related injuries or illnesses" that require an immediate hospital stay of at least 24 hours.

So the headline is a result of a 31-year-old woman who got dizzy and passed out. (and I can see how that could happen), but then I continued reading and had to wonder about the "79-year-old woman" who had a pre-existing condition who went on the ride.

I know many rides have the warnings. You know the Typical "Back, neck problems, High blood pressure, etc.." but really???? 79 years old???? I guess they didn't read the warnings or they did and didn't believe them.

At least There were no issues reported at Legoland Florida.
:D

My Mom would say "I'm old, not dead". Heck I hope I am still alive at 79 and have some adventure left in me. I would heed warnings though.

Well, I am not that old (yet), but I have to say, that after riding that ride, I would caution ANYONE who has issues particularly with "Motion" (or rather perceived motion as the actual motion really isn't that much) that they should "Re-consider" this ride.

I did enjoy it but there were times I felt a bit nauseous. You really do get a sense like you are flying. Like Soarin' but on Steroids (and no dangling feet).

I did enjoy it but there were times I felt a bit nauseous. You really do get a sense like you are flying. Like Soarin' but on Steroids (and no dangling feet).
Good to know. I can do Soaring but Mission Space is a no go. Which one does this ride fall more toward?

Good to know. I can do Soaring but Mission Space is a no go. Which one does this ride fall more toward?
It is closer to Mission Space than Soarin for me. How do you do on Star Tours? I found FOP to be less nausea inducing that Star Tours. There isn't the height issue as in Soarin, but there are the 3d glasses which always make me a little nauseous.

I know many rides have the warnings. You know the Typical "Back, neck problems, High blood pressure, etc.." but really???? 79 years old???? I guess they didn't read the warnings or they did and didn't believe them.

A lot of people read those warnings and just do not care. I mean there have been quarterly reports that say there was injuries on Its A Small World or Carousel of Progress and when you dig a little further it was someone who was very ill who wanted one last Disney trip. These reports actually do more harm than good in my opinion because people equate them with the rides being dangerous (not that I'm saying you are doing that OP) but don't focus on the part where it says the ride affected a pre-exsisting condition that was probably covered in the warning signs and warning audio. There is no missing the warnings any more since they play them in the queue during the preshow now.

@wilkeliza I totally agree. I for one, am one of those that "Ignore" those warnings (to a point). I have Hypertension (controlled) and what person over the age of 40 doesn't have some sort of neck or back pain (diagnosed or otherwise). So while I don't completely ignore them, I take them with a "Grain of Salt".

I also totally agree about the reports too. I couldn't help when I was reading the article to see how many incidents were a "Pre-existing" condition. The report looks bad for the parks but really it's not (generally speaking).

I felt queasy - but, not as bad as Mission Space or Star Wars. My son says that it should be better if you sit towards the middle. (I sat on the far left. (I will try it again and sit towards the middle. I may even take a Dramamine. It was a stunning experience - I loved the first 1/2 of it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter