Dance group going to Disney- help me

Bob Dolewhip

DIS Veteran
So my daughters dance school is going to perform in Disney world which is very exciting... but I’ve never traveled like this before. I’m used to doing my own thing. I know these groups usually stay in the all stars.

Has anyone gone before as part of a team?
What does Disney expect of the groups?
Any advice?

So my daughters dance school is going to perform in Disney world which is very exciting... but I’ve never traveled like this before. I’m used to doing my own thing. I know these groups usually stay in the all stars.

Has anyone gone before as part of a team?
What does Disney expect of the groups?
Any advice?
are you going with Dance the World or Dance the Magic?
I've done Dance the World 6x.

No issues.
Be on time for everything.
Follow the rules.
Be professional

Think of it as a gig with rehearsals and performance and with some free time to go to the theme parks.

Not as a Walt Disney World vacation with some time periods scheduled for rehearsals and performance.

It can take a surprisingly long time to get from place to place by bus. It is better to avoid park hopping on your own, away from the group,. Or at least shoot to be within walking distance of rehearsal, group dinner, etc. an hour before you need to be there.

You may need to buy a room and ticket package planned by your dance school. This will cost you unexpectedly more than you planned on if you already have an annual pass or your own tickets.

While two to a (resort) room is typical, you may be assigned to a room with three or four.

Think of it as a gig with rehearsals and performance and with some free time to go to the theme parks.

Not as a Walt Disney World vacation with some time periods scheduled for rehearsals and performance.

It can take a surprisingly long time to get from place to place by bus. It is better to avoid park hopping on your own, away from the group,. Or at least shoot to be within walking distance of rehearsal, group dinner, etc. an hour before you need to be there.

You may need to buy a room and ticket package planned by your dance school. This will cost you unexpectedly more than you planned on if you already have an annual pass or your own tickets.

While two to a (resort) room is typical, you may be assigned to a room with three or four.

Sounds like a circle in H@#$

My DD cheer squad almost went. Would have made me nuts.

Will they (Dance the World) offer a package without tics, if you have APs, do you know??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!