Dancing Through Disney: A June/July 2019 PTR UPDATE 12/15

ZFamily5

DIS Veteran
Hello, and welcome!

Thank you for stopping by another ZFamily5 PTR! It's been a while... the last trip we took to the World was after I graduated high school in 2015. Needless to say, we are more than ready to be back in our favorite place!

Who are we?

IMG_0971.JPG

I am Brenna, a 22 year old senior in college studying elementary education. Any time that is not devoted to lesson plans and grading gets spent on dance marathon, an organization at my college that raises money for a local children's hospital. In terms of Disney favorites, I love Splash Mountain, the Boardwalk, and Fantasmic!

Pictured with me are my parents. My dad works in local government. He is a major foodie and loves finding new and exciting things to eat around the World. His Disney favorites include Splash Mountain, the Polynesian, and Via Napoli.

My mom is a high school English teacher. She loves Disney and works hard on budgeting to make these trips a reality. Her Disney favorites include Peter Pan's Flight, Yak and Yeti, and eating chocolate chip cookies on Main Street.

The fun doesn't stop there, we have two more travelers - my always hilarious, sometimes sassy, super smart sisters!

IMG_8238.jpg

Tegan is a freshman in college studying production design - basically she wants to paint sets for theatrical productions. She loves art, baking, her dog, and Netflix. Tegan's Disney favorites include Splash Mountain (are you noticing a theme?), Mickey ice cream, and Via Napoli.

IMG_8237.jpg

Rounding out our family is Kaelin. Kaelin is in eighth grade and spends most of her time at dance. Seriously - about 30 hours a week. She is the life of the party when she's not experiencing typical teenage grouchiness. Kaelin's Disney favorites include Figment, Chef Mickey's, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Now that the group has been established, how about a few more details?

When? June 26-July 1 for Mom, Dad, and Kaelin. July 2-9 for all five of us

Where? Well... we haven't officially booked yet. Most likely Art of Animation, but more on this later.

Why? So much to celebrate!

If you noticed above, Mom, Dad, and Kaelin will be on property about a week before Tegan and I. Kaelin's dance nationals are on property this year, so that's one BIG reason to celebrate! Tegan and I work summer jobs that don't allow us to take off very much time (completely fair, the summer work season is so short), so we will be joining for the vacation portion after dance has wrapped up.

Beyond celebrating the end of dance nationals, we will be celebrating my college graduation (May 2019), Tegan's birthday (June 2019), and both of my parents' 50th birthdays (December and April). Lots and lots to celebrate!

I'll be back soon with resort discussion, dining debates, and all sorts of other PTR ramblings. Please stick around and join me for this PTR adventure, I'd love to "meet" all of you!

I leave you with this question: What is your favorite restaurant on property? I feel like we've gotten into a rut eating at ones we know and love. I'd love to hear what you recommend!

Thank you for stopping by!

Long time, no see! I guess that's the way it goes sometime with school, activities, and trying to have some form of a social life.

First, an update in plans! We are officially booked at Port Orleans Riverside! The original plan was to stay at the Boardwalk (Mom and Dad's favorite resort), but when we figured out we could book two rooms at POR for slightly less, we were in. We all love POR and the extra space will be so nice.

As the plans stand now, Mom, Dad and Kaelin will be staying at the Swan from June 26-July 2 for the dance competition. Tegan and I will fly down either the night of July 1 or super early on July 2 and we will all be at POR from July 2-9.

Of course as soon as we booked all I wanted to do was start thinking about ADRs and Fastpasses! The list of restaurants we are looking at now is:

Via Napoli
Chef Mickey's (Kaelin's one request)
Cape May Cafe
Coral Reef
Yak and Yeti
Nine Dragons

What are your thoughts on Nine Dragons? Tegan loves dumplings and this looked like a place she could get some. It seems like a lot of Epcot dining, but we aren't crazy about the choices at Hollywood Studios and thought maybe we could go between parks some?

What other restaurants do you think we need to try? We haven't been on property for a full trip like this in four years so we need help!

Hi!
Just booked a July trip and thinking of starting at PTR.
What great pictures of your family. Sounds like a fun group.

... um. my favorite restaurant on property?
Be Our Guest
That's my top pick for reservation day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter