Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

Victoria: she's an amazing person. And she's a swimmer so I already like her. Shame on DWTS for giving her such a hard song. I thought she was good! Spot on.

Lindsey: definitely the best dancer tonight. I thought her upper body was a little stiff. I hope Mark doesn't ruin her. Spot on.

Biggest surprise: FRANKIE!? He can move! He's got lots of potential. I can't wait to see them dance more.

I'm glad Mark is back. He and his contestant have this electric chemistry.

Drew: what a mess! Seems like a nice guy but he can't dance. Emma drew the short straw. Agree with Mr Grumpy. Overscored!

To be fair, it was an awful song for a foxtrot. Way, WAY too fast, and definitely more resembled a cha cha in terms of how the timing was.

She still has a ton to work on. That is the downside of being long & lanky in ballroom dance. A slight mistake done by someone 6 inches shorter than you isn't as noticed. I want to see them do well, but I think he's headed for an early exit.

How is she a ringer? There was no indication she has any dance background.

It's all over her Wiki page. (Which may or may not be accurate. ;))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Stirling

"Lindsey Stirling (born September 21, 1986) is an American violinist, dancer, performance artist, and composer. She presents choreographed violin performances, both live and in music videos. [...]

Early years
From a young age, Stirling had a fascination for dance, and desired to take both dancing and violin lessons. In an interview with NewMediaRockstars, she said, "...ever since I was a kid, I've always wished that I could dance, but my parents said, 'You [can] choose violin or you [can] choose dance, but we can't afford both', and I chose violin. So this is kind of a fulfillment – it's funny to say, but this is something I've always wanted to do."
(Note, her parents didn't say, "Well you're not really good at dance, so you should do violin," or "We'll only pay for violin because you can't dance.")

"She impressed the judges on America's Got Talent, not only by mixing hip-hop, pop, and classical music on the violin, but by incorporating dancing with playing the violin, which she also does on her tours and official music videos. On a live-chat, Stirling explained, "It is very unnatural to dance while playing the violin. I had to practice so hard to learn how to do it, but now it is part of my expression and it comes naturally. I have to know a song perfectly before I can even begin to move. Once I know a song really well, I can then have fun dancing." Not only in her performances, but also with her music, dancing made a huge impact: "I loved dance music so I started with that and wrote 'Transcendence', 'Electric Daisy', and 'Spontaneous Me'. [...]

"In October 2013, Stirling announced that she would take part in season three of Dance Showdown, a dance competition web series created by DanceOn in which the winner is awarded $50,000 USD. Stirling was the second of three finalists, but she did not win the fifty thousand dollars despite receiving critical acclaim on her three performances with her partner Anze Skrube. One of the three judges, Laurieann Gibson, classified her second performance as "one of the best" in Dance Showdown and the last one as the best she had ever seen. [...]"

Last edited:
It's all over her Wiki page. (Which may or may not be accurate. ;))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Stirling

"Lindsey Stirling (born September 21, 1986)[1][2] is an American violinist, dancer, performance artist, and composer. She presents choreographed violin performances, both live and in music videos. [...]

Early years
From a young age, Stirling had a fascination for dance, and desired to take both dancing and violin lessons. In an interview with NewMediaRockstars, she said, "...ever since I was a kid, I've always wished that I could dance, but my parents said, 'You [can] choose violin or you [can] choose dance, but we can't afford both', and I chose violin. So this is kind of a fulfillment – it's funny to say, but this is something I've always wanted to do."
Her parents didn't say, "Well you're not really good at dance, so you should do violin," or "We'll only pay for that because you can't dance."

"She impressed the judges on America's Got Talent, not only by mixing hip-hop, pop, and classical music on the violin, but by incorporating dancing with playing the violin, which she also does on her tours and official music videos. On a live-chat, Stirling explained, "It is very unnatural to dance while playing the violin. I had to practice so hard to learn how to do it, but now it is part of my expression and it comes naturally. I have to know a song perfectly before I can even begin to move. Once I know a song really well, I can then have fun dancing."[22] Not only in her performances, but also with her music, dancing made a huge impact: "I loved dance music so I started with that and wrote 'Transcendence', 'Electric Daisy', and 'Spontaneous Me'. [...]

"In October 2013, Stirling announced that she would take part in season three of Dance Showdown, a dance competition web series created by DanceOn in which the winner is awarded $50,000 USD. Stirling was the second of three finalists, but she did not win the fifty thousand dollars despite receiving critical acclaim on her three performances with her partner Anze Skrube. One of the three judges, Laurieann Gibson, classified her second performance as "one of the best" in Dance Showdown and the last one as the best she had ever seen."

Grrrr... she's even been on another dance competition?! So wrong.

Jordan Fisher is also a trained dancer. You don't get cast in a Broadway musical without singing and dancing ability! So, I think there are two "ringers" in this year's cast. And, no surprise at all that they were both scored very high. They will both be in the finals.

I couldn't really call Lindsey Stirling a "dancer." She dances in her performances, but it really is just movement without technique to choreography. It's definitely more focused on her violin. She's far from a ringer. I honestly think it was Mark more being able to reign in her freestyle movements and channel her energy.

Jordan Fisher on the other hand... he's a definite ringer. At least they didn't give him Sharna, Peta, or Cheryl. Then it would look like a landslide.

Tony is officially RETIRED from DWTS. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought maybe he was just taking a couple seasons off, (like the way Maks retired. ;)) But Lara Spencer asked him this morning and he said no, he's really retired. :sad1: He, Maks & Val have a couple dance studios here, which he's probably spending his time at, and he explained on GMA this morning, he wants to be home with his 12 year old daughter. :grouphug:

I love his response when George asked him if he, like many of us thought Nick would be the front runner. :rotfl: (I know I thought so too until we saw him dance. :upsidedow)

Last edited:
Jordan Fisher is also a trained dancer. You don't get cast in a Broadway musical without singing and dancing ability! So, I think there are two "ringers" in this year's cast. And, no surprise at all that they were both scored very high. They will both be in the finals.

It depends on the Broadway musical. Some, like Les Mis, require exceptional singing over dancing. A couple friends of mine are Broadway gypsies and they fall into that category, "singers who dance" vs "dancers who sing." They, in no way, will be auditioning to be a replacement in Cats, :p which requires dancers who sing. I've only seen a couple clips of Hamilton, when Lin-Manuel Miranda was in it and there wasn't a lot of intricate dancing, as I recall. Since the show requires specialized singing, Jordan could have been primarily a singer who dances. But, yeah, last night, he showed he's a singer/dancer, strong in both categories.

Last edited:
Tony is officially RETIRED from DWTS. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought maybe he was just taking a couple seasons off, (like the way Maks retired. ;)) But Lara Spencer asked him this morning and he said no, he's really retired. :sad1: He, Maks & Val have a couple dance studios here, which he's probably spending his time at, and he explained on GMA this morning, he wants to be home with his 12 year old daughter. :grouphug:

I love his response when George said to him how many of us thought Nick would be the front runner. :rotfl: (I know I originally thought so too until we saw him dance. :upsidedow)

Say it aint true. Tony is my favorite male dancer

Interesting Nick is the Vegas odds to win. Nick.is still as handsome as he was 20 years ago!

He is still handsome. I thought he would be a little better, he needs to loosen up a bit. I think he will get better.

I think Derek was underscored

I thought so too.

Ha, just have to say, Witney is not so good with math. Frankie is 31, she said he's the same age as her Dad.

When she said that I was like boy he's a lot older than I thought, he looks great for his age.:rotfl:It was funny when she said Alfonso didn't like to be called Carlton.:lmao:

Wow Barbara how embarrassing. I couldn't believe how she kept grabbing Keo's thigh while getting her critique. They could have had all of the judges speak if there weren't so many commercials and they got rid of Erin.:laughing:

Lindsey has worked with numerous choreographers since 2011. This is her and Derek , Yes the FIVE time mirror ball champion Pro.

She also competed on the YouTubers dance competition Dance On

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!