Dapper days...DLH or GCH?

I think it’s always up for debate and depends on what your needs are.

We usually pick GCH because that price is hard to get any other time of year. But I’ll admit that we have had mixed experiences there (with the room.) Our most recent stay, the room was smaller and darker... and this is with the renovated rooms. But another visit, we had an unexpected upgrade to a park facing room.

DH has it’s classic Disney charm. But I’ve also had mixed experiences. Again it depends on the room.

Dapper Day events are usually at DH. Since we’ve been going, I’ve only seen it once at GCH.

If you are going for Spring DD, is also factor in pool usage. Fall DD may be a little too cold (for the pool)

Last edited:
Fall
I think it’s always up for debate and depends on what your needs are.

We usually pick GCH because that price is hard to get any other time of year. But I’ll admit that we have had mixed experiences there (with the room.) Our most recent stay, the room was smaller and darker... and this is with the renovated rooms. But another visit, we had an unexpected upgrade to a park facing room.

DH has it’s classic Disney charm. But I’ve also had mixed experiences. Again it depends on the room.

Dapper Day events are usually at DH. Since we’ve been going, I’ve only seen it once at GCH.

If you are going for Spring DD, is also factor in pool usage. Fall DD may be a little too cold.

For a normal vacation in the parks I would choose GCH every time, especially at that minor price difference. For Dapper Day though I’d prefer to stay at DLH. It sounds nice to be able to pop right down to the expo as much as you’d like. Plus all the other dapper guests staying at the DLH really add to the atmosphere that weekend. (You are using the official dapper day discount from their website, right?) Both choices will make for a great trip though, have fun whichever you choose.

For a normal vacation in the parks I would choose GCH every time, especially at that minor price difference. For Dapper Day though I’d prefer to stay at DLH. It sounds nice to be able to pop right down to the expo as much as you’d like. Plus all the other dapper guests staying at the DLH really add to the atmosphere that weekend. (You are using the official dapper day discount from their website, right?) Both choices will make for a great trip though, have fun whichever you choose.
Yes. It just came out I guess. I didn’t get an e-mail. But happened to check their website last night.

I was looking at the rates, and noticed that the deposit (1 night) is non-refundable. This is different from the usual policy that allows you to cancel up to a couple of weeks before arrival, right? Does anyone know why the difference? And if you had to cancel, can your deposit be applied to a stay at a different time?

I was looking at the rates, and noticed that the deposit (1 night) is non-refundable. This is different from the usual policy that allows you to cancel up to a couple of weeks before arrival, right? Does anyone know why the difference? And if you had to cancel, can your deposit be applied to a stay at a different time?
I have noticed that for Dapper Days for a couple years. You completely lose the money if you cancel.

I've assumed the reason is that people would book up all the rooms and then cancel later, making it difficult for people who were trying to book rooms that weren't going to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!