Join the Kilted Trooper Running Corps

Chasing Dopey

DIS Veteran
Attention Dark Siders!!

If anyone is looking for a good costume idea, search no further. Join the Kilted Trooper Brigade!

Kilted trooper brigades are a common sight at sci-fi conventions, as you may already know. But we haven't seen enough of them at the Star Wars Half Marathon weekends. I ran the Dark Side Half in 2017 (see below) and although I saw a couple more kilts, I didn't spot any kilted troopers! It's great fun at the cons, so let's get something started!

We'll use this thread gather our forces, have some fun, and to help share information on where to find the necessary equipment (1 storm trooper shirt and 1 kilt to run in). There are a lot of options out there, so it will be good to get some options and reviews, especially for running kilts.

As the race weekend gets closer, we'll set a time and place to get the brigade together before (and maybe after) the race for some pictures, camaraderie, and encouragement!

Welcome to the Dark Side!

social++8016335086.jpeg

By the way... Guys and gals, young and old are welcome to join us! If anyone is wondering, don't worry about making it 'authentic'. :D Certainly not recommended.

And FYI: The kilt in the picture above is from Sport Kilts, and is one of their 'hiking kilt' models. The hiking kilts are made of the synthetic materials, so is lightweight and has an athletic feel to it. However, from what I have been told, a lightweight wool is also very comfortable to run in.

And running in a kilt is pretty nice, by the way. Quite airy!!

Last edited:
Ha! I love this. I was an Irish Dancer for many years, so I might be convinced to incorporate a step or two if there are enough kilts around. :)

For those who might have put off their costuming, it's getting late, but you might be able to get a kilt and stormtrooper shirt and join the Kilted Trooper Running Corps this year!

Under Armour has a compression trooper shirt, but we found a non-compression version at a place call Kawaii Pizza Apparel. They also have tons of disney themed clothes, and athletic versions of a lot of their stuff. You would have seen it at other rD events.

There are a few options for kilts (such as Sport Kilts), but in a pinch a regular wool kilt from amazon works better than you think, if you need quick Prime shipping.

NOTE: We're not requiring or necessary advocating 'authentic' kilt wearing protocols here! :D It's still a race in Florida in the Spring.

Also, here's a FB group to connect to as well! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2083631458588730/

We'll set up a place to meet before the half for a few pictures, and for those who are interested, we'll march over to France for lunch at 11! Stay tuned!

MEET UPS on SUNDAY!

PRE-RACE: See the below graphics of the staging area for the location to meet up before the race. You'll see the spot marked by the Kilted Trooper just on the other side of the spectator area. We'll be looking for a spot near the entrance to the corrals (before the bib checks). Do your best to be there by 4:30 AM for some pictures, hellos, and merriment so we're sure to release everybody to their corrals with plenty of time. (It takes a while to walk all the way across the staging area, if you haven't seen it before, so keep that in mind.)

POST-RACE: If you are still around and want to grab lunch, we'll leave from Spaceship Earth at 10:30am (also see pics below for meeting place), and march on down to Les Halles in fake France. Counter service, FANTASTIC sandwiches, quiches, desserts... really terrific and less known. Hope you can join us!

This is the for half marathon on Sunday. If all you've got on your agenda is the 10K, then obviously we encourage kilted troopering anytime!

(Click to embiggen.)

55826156_10100123799756538_5128514714648707072_o.jpg 55857863_10100123799781488_7701286853227315200_o.jpg 55802431_10100123800739568_3357229159070826496_o.jpg

I may need to do this for the 5th anniversary run next April. Maybe kilted trooper for the 5/10k and a kilted Vader for the half...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!