Dark transfer paper on T-shirt, good after heat press, but gets blurry after two days.

LeoKac

Earning My Ears
Hello, I have a problem with dark transfer paper (Blue Grid). With heat press and medium pressure, I use 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and 10 seconds. sometimes I use variations of temperature: from 350 to 380 and time: from 5 to 20.

I have a T-shirt printing/transferring production workshop.

Almost always the image looks great after the heat press. great colors and great clarity/sharpness. Just fine.

But after a day or two, the image gets blurry - like a Photoshop filter - Gaussian Blur. It happens all the time. Always. The T-shirt just stays in the room, no washing, no extreme conditions, just normally lays on the table for a day. Sometimes two-three days, and the image gets blurry. Very blurry.

I don't know what's wrong, what am I doing wrong? The White T-shirt printing and transferring has no problems at all, but when I print for dark T-shirts, this happens.

Maybe the printer ink is low quality? but if it is low quality, then white T-shirts would have the same problem too, right? Maybe the "BlueGrid" paper is low quality? Please help.

I am using EPSON L800 printer. As I understand now, the problem is that I am using sublimation ink, not pigment ink. Printing on white T-shirts with white transfer paper is fine, but this dark printing has this problem with sublimation ink.

I agree with Rust Man. I love Amy's transfers. They are the only ones I use and she includes directions.
She is here on the Disign board...She ships fast and the transfers are perfect on any color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter