DAS / AAP Question

Ana Klein

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
We're going to visit both Universal and Disney's parks during the coming holidays.
We will stay at theirs hotels,
we will get the Unlimited Express pass (Universal), and the opportunity to choose Fast Passes 60 days ahead.
One of us has an international disability card, so I was wondering if there's a list of disabilities that entitle a family with AAP /DAS passes.
(He's got fibromyalgia and syncope).
We want to start planning our vacation, and want to know if we will get AAP /DAS, so we could plan our visits accordingly.
I would appreciate your answer.
Have a great day 🙂

There is no such list for Disney, as the DAS is needs based, not diagnosis based. You need to explain why you can’t wait in a standard line, and generally speaking, mobility and/or fatigue issues don’t qualify; instead, Disney will recommend you use a wheelchair or ECV to meet those needs.

Additionally, Disney will not look at any medical documentation - you need to briefly explain your needs. If you’re more comfortable writing your needs down, they will look at that.

Most likely both of those conditions will be solved through the use of a wheelchair or scooter, which you can take directly into the regular lines. Disability terms are completely different in the US, due to privacy laws they cannot look at official documentation. Thus the accommodations are more tame in comparison to British theme parks (there is no instant access, for example). If you do qualify for a pass, you are given return times equal to the current ride wait time and then you will go through the Fast Pass / Express lines. These can still equal anywhere from a 5 to 25 minute wait depending on how busy it is.

Hey everyone,
We're going to visit both Universal and Disney's parks during the coming holidays.
We will stay at theirs hotels,
we will get the Unlimited Express pass (Universal), and the opportunity to choose Fast Passes 60 days ahead.
One of us has an international disability card, so I was wondering if there's a list of disabilities that entitle a family with AAP /DAS passes.
(He's got fibromyalgia and syncope).
We want to start planning our vacation, and want to know if we will get AAP /DAS, so we could plan our visits accordingly.
I would appreciate your answer.
Have a great day 🙂
I would think of the person needs / concerns as it has to do with waiting in line And what about the line would be hard and what could help. This is what the CM need to know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter