DAS and Candlelight Procession

The time I went the CM said they would accommodate me but I had a dinner reservation for it so I did not need any accommodation after all. And this was a few years ago. Some nights are not as packed as other if it is a big start and a must see I would do the dinning package so you can be sure to see. The other time I sat in the America’s court yard area and ate dinner we could hear fine but could not see and we just order food and went out side since it was nice found a set and the show started a minute or two latter and by the time we were done they were singing the last song so we left the area before the massive crowds did

Just ab FYI just becise something dose not have a FP dose not mean you can not use the DAS for it ( astro orbitors is one example of no FP and letting the DAS user use it) for other I would talk to the CM and just see what they can do. having one person stand in line to hold your place if it is standing I would get a wheelchair or ECV maybe get dinner and sit and have a picnic while you wait once the lines moves it moves fast it is just the waiting before and your pretty much in one place.

Just ab FYI just becise something dose not have a FP dose not mean you can not use the DAS for it ( astro orbitors is one example of no FP and letting the DAS user use it) for other I would talk to the CM and just see what they can do. having one person stand in line to hold your place if it is standing I would get a wheelchair or ECV maybe get dinner and sit and have a picnic while you wait once the lines moves it moves fast it is just the waiting before and your pretty much in one place.
The no wasn't in reference to using a das. I was answering the poster that asked if there was fp+.

I quite honestly have no idea. There is a poster upthread that asked and the CM said they could accommodate, but they didn't use it so I have no idea.
You talk to the CM there you exsplain your needs and they should try and help you come up with a way to accommodate your needs weather that is thought something similar to the DAS having one person in your group wait in line or something else. Just because there is no FP ( like I said Astro has no FP but I have been able to use my DAS there. The parade has no FP but they have a viewing area for people that need it. If you talk to the meet ang greets charities they will normily find a way to accommodate you. So just becuse something dose not have a FP dose not mean you can not ask a CM for help. Or if you have a few people in your group say one person in your group has a disability can one wait in line while the person with the disability waits in a more comfortable place.

If there's no FP+, then how can you use a DAS?
For certain attractions, such as Astro Orbiters you go to the exit of the attraction. But I have no idea how the DAS would be accommodated at Candlelight, can't really see a viable answer there.

I recommend getting the dinner package that includes the seating. You have to eat anyway and then you have a seat waiting for you.

I recommend getting the dinner package that includes the seating. You have to eat anyway and then you have a seat waiting for you.

I agree that the dinner package is the way to go because you’re guaranteed a seat. But even with the dinner package, we waited in line for almost an hour before we were seated.

I would get the dinner package, then speak with a CM at the pavilion to see if one person can wait in line, with the DAS holder joining when the waiter is about to enter.

I’m the OP. We went last weekend and were told we needed to use the stand by line or purchase the dinner package. They do not accommodate the DAS. My husband stood in the stand by line and I met up with him once he was inside. It worked out very well. I did have one CM tell me that I had to wait with him and wouldn’t be allowed in through an alternative entrance but the CM closest to front of the stand by line said it was fine and let me through the rope at the beginning of the line once he was in the theater.
This seemed fair to me since the purpose of the DAS is so I don’t have to wait as long in line and I didn’t have to. We kept in touch by phone.
The stand by line is wheelchair accessible.
I would recommend buying the dinner package if you absolutely want to guarantee getting a spot without waiting in the stand by line.

I’m the OP. We went last weekend and were told we needed to use the stand by line or purchase the dinner package. They do not accommodate the DAS. My husband stood in the stand by line and I met up with him once he was inside. It worked out very well. I did have one CM tell me that I had to wait with him and wouldn’t be allowed in through an alternative entrance but the CM closest to front of the stand by line said it was fine and let me through the rope at the beginning of the line once he was in the theater.
This seemed fair to me since the purpose of the DAS is so I don’t have to wait as long in line and I didn’t have to. We kept in touch by phone.
I would recommend buying the dinner package if you absolutely want to guarantee getting a spot without waiting in the stand by line.
Yep when I was asking a few years ago the CM said one member could wait in line while I the DAS holder waited ( or walked around used the bathroom close by) we did this with a few out door meet and greets we would get there as a group and I would stay as long as I could then take a quick walk in the area go use the bathroom and then come back and so on ( we did this a few times ) it worked really well for my needs and we never talked to the CM ( but all the meet and greets we did were out side with lines you could see all of it so it was very easy to
Come and go as I needed. ( I know the op has had there trip just sharing how I made something work ).

How would this work for the occupation limit though? What if they've allowed all the people in that can fit before you show up? If everyone did this, I could see it becoming a huge problem. Unlike a Meet and Greet outside queue, which does not have seating/occupancy limit, the theatre where this is done does have a limit.

I’m not sure what you are referencing. We did not use a DAS. My husband waited in the regular standby line. I waited elsewhere and met him inside the theater once he was inside. We did not enter the theater early. We entered at the same time as everyone else in the standby line.

I’m not sure what you are referencing. We did not use a DAS. My husband waited in the regular standby line. I waited elsewhere and met him inside the theater once he was inside. We did not enter the theater early. We entered at the same time as everyone else in the standby line.

The part where you stated "but the CM closest to front of the stand by line said it was fine and let me through the rope at the beginning of the line once he was in the theater. " What if that affected the total count of who gets in? Once he is in the theatre without you, how would you get in without waiting in the queue? How would they know you had actually waited, and weren't just a walk-up trying to get in? Or did you come up just as he was getting through, although that part where you said you had to meet up kind of negates that - so you didn't wait in the queue, you just walked up after he got in and said "hey, my husband is in there let me in?" That's what I'm addressing - how that limits people getting in because it messes with the occupancy count. How did they know to count you if your husband was in the queue and got in without you?

I think you did nothing wrong with that you did and the CM accommodated your needs just fine. without giving you something special sorry others think you cheated they system, talking with CM both on the phone and at the park what they let you do (have one party wait in line while you waited close by was a great way to accommodate you.

DisneyOma - I think you are misunderstanding what I did. I have a DAS for a Medical reason. I cannot wait 45 mins to an hour on a line. I rarely use my DAS since most waits at Disney are far less than that and it is rare that I am able to go on the more popular rides for a variety of reasons. I guess I should have been more clear about how it worked for me.
My husband got in the standby line and stood there in line with everyone else. Prior to his getting in line we checked with the CM at the front of the standby line to make sure that once he reached the beginning of the line I could get through. The CM said sure (the CM standing at the dinner package line was the one who said it couldn’t be done - we were not asking for access at that point just trying to get info about how to handle the standby line).
My husband kept in touch with me by phone and when the standby line started to move I walked to stand near the CM at the entrance. As my husband got to the entrance the CM let me through the rope.
I hope this explanation alleviates your concerns about my keeping someone else from getting in or the occupancy count - this is a forum for people with disabilities and I am relating my experience.
Thank you Gap for understanding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter