DAS and Candlelight Procession

DisneyOma - I think you are misunderstanding what I did. I have a DAS for a Medical reason. I cannot wait 45 mins to an hour on a line. I rarely use my DAS since most waits at Disney are far less than that and it is rare that I am able to go on the more popular rides for a variety of reasons. I guess I should have been more clear about how it worked for me.
My husband got in the standby line and stood there in line with everyone else. Prior to his getting in line we checked with the CM at the front of the standby line to make sure that once he reached the beginning of the line I could get through. The CM said sure (the CM standing at the dinner package line was the one who said it couldn’t be done - we were not asking for access at that point just trying to get info about how to handle the standby line).
My husband kept in touch with me by phone and when the standby line started to move I walked to stand near the CM at the entrance. As my husband got to the entrance the CM let me through the rope.
I hope this explanation alleviates your concerns about my keeping someone else from getting in or the occupancy count - this is a forum for people with disabilities and I am relating my experience.
Thank you Gap for understanding!

Thank you for adding that part - so the CM knew you were coming, and could add you to the occupancy count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter