Das and fastpass

Hello

I havent been to WDW for a number of years, i mostly travel to DLP but from what ive read so far the disability pass system in WDW is a bit different to Paris.

I will be using a mobility aid such as a scooter but this doesnt cover all my needs so i think i will also need a das pass too (frequent daily episodes of fainting and severe allergic reactions along with autism) i read that this means i can wait for my turn on the ride, but dont have to be physically in the queue. Which will be brilliant and very helpful as i can try to avoid some of my triggers and be able to access a quiet space or first aid room when i need one during a medical episode.

But what I cant find as much information on is how do you use your DAS alongside booking fastpasses before we go? Im assuming we still need to book fast passes in advance for the busy attractions? Do we take our fastpass to the ride and then ask to use our DAS and wait outside the ride until its our turn to get on?

I would be very grateful for any information on how this works

Thankyou in advance! ::MickeyMo

The DAS utilizes the Fastpass line for those attractions that have it. You will ALWAYS have to wait in some sort of line. The DAS does not give you immediate ride access. The DAS can be used along with Fastpass so you can make those reservations and use the DAS for additional rides rather than using the standby line. The DAS is electronic and you redeem it at the same tapstyles as Fastpasses. Your light will turn blue instead of green, a CM will check to make sure it's you (a photo is taken when you get the DAS) and will ask if you need to avoid stairs or need a special loading area.

So das and fastpass is the same line but you can only book das on the day? Then you stand in the fastpass queue? I dont mind waiting i just need a way out if im suddenly unwell. So if i book a fastpass i wont need das because its the same thing? I wont need additional rides i usually can only go on one or two a day. Thankyou for your help :)

Hello

I havent been to WDW for a number of years, i mostly travel to DLP but from what ive read so far the disability pass system in WDW is a bit different to Paris.

I will be using a mobility aid such as a scooter but this doesnt cover all my needs so i think i will also need a das pass too (frequent daily episodes of fainting and severe allergic reactions along with autism) i read that this means i can wait for my turn on the ride, but dont have to be physically in the queue. Which will be brilliant and very helpful as i can try to avoid some of my triggers and be able to access a quiet space or first aid room when i need one during a medical episode.

But what I cant find as much information on is how do you use your DAS alongside booking fastpasses before we go? Im assuming we still need to book fast passes in advance for the busy attractions? Do we take our fastpass to the ride and then ask to use our DAS and wait outside the ride until its our turn to get on?

I would be very grateful for any information on how this works

Thankyou in advance! ::MickeyMo
You can book FP 60 days before your trip if staying on sight and 30 days if staying off-site ( there is CL but that is a different story). for FP you can choose 3 ( and they can be any rides and some show) the FP has a one-hour window and any time your window is you can go in the FP line where you will touch your magic band or card and the light will turn green and you will go in.

for the DAS you will go to the CM at the ride and ask for a return time they will scan your magic band or card and give you a time to come back it will be wait time -10 minutes. you can not get another DAS to return time until you cancel or use your DAS and the DAS time does not expire like the FP when it is your time you will go back to the FP line when you touch your band or card the light will show blue this tell the CM that either you do not have an FP or you are a DAS holder they will then let you in.

a few things you can have a DAS and FP at the same time for the same or a different ride,

with the FP there is a grace period ( I think 5 minutes before your time and 15 minutes after) but with the DAS you can not go in a minute early

As far as how I use the FP and DAS together I do one of two things somethings

for a few rides BTMRR I will get an FP and aDAS at the same time one reason why is at seems very crowded to me and I will get a return time and go in the store close by and then I am able to ride twice ( I really like this ride)

for rides with very long wait ( FOP ) if I can not get an FP I will FP something close and get a return time before my FP so I will get a return time go do my FP ride and then back to the DAS ride.

So das and fastpass is the same line but you can only book das on the day? Then you stand in the fastpass queue? I dont mind waiting i just need a way out if im suddenly unwell. So if i book a fastpass i wont need das because its the same thing? I wont need additional rides i usually can only go on one or two a day. Thankyou for your help :)
Yes the DAS and FP are the same lines if you can only do a few rides a day then you may not need a DAS but you can always get one if you find you need it

I would recommended to book the fastpast for those ride you really want to go on, in case they denied your DAS, you still will enjoy them. Sometimes Disney will not issue a DAS, because is a decision up to whoever is at the guest services, hopefully you will get DAS but having your “must do” already secure with fastpast is better. DAS use the same fastpast return line, and you will probably will be taken care the same way at either line because of your mobility issues with DAS, fastpass or stand by.

We have accessed DAS at WDW for our youngest DS who is on the spectrum and suffers from anxiety. This is actually one of the main reasons we love Disney so very much. Their DAS accommodations paired with food allergy accommodations have made all of our trips so amazing; it's one of many reasons we keep going back. Many other vacation destinations just don't meet special needs quite like Disney. I'm always sure to emphasize this when we go to guest services; I let CMs know how grateful we are for DAS and how much it makes a difference for our family and our experiences. :love:

We have always stayed on property, so I book our most desired FPs at the 60 day mark. We have a family meeting and talk about what our "must do" rides are and I work hard to get as many of our fav attractions in the form of FPs. We always go to MK first, on the first day, so it's standard procedure for us to go right to guest services as soon as we hit the park. (You can go to any guest service area in any of the parks to get a DAS...we are just an "MK first day" family.) They take my son's pic, which we always have to prep him for, and the DAS is loaded onto our magic bands. We go immediately to a ride we don't have a FP for and get a DAS return time, and while we're waiting for that DAS return time, we try to hit as many rides with short lines as possible...long lines are my son's kryptonite. I try to get FPs for late morning, early afternoon. As soon as we have used our first DAS return, we get another DAS return time, and we work to sort of stagger DAS returns with FPs. This really works pretty well. It takes a little running around to get DAS return times, as you have to go to the ride you want a DAS return time for and have a CM load it for you on your MB, but it's well worth that extra running to be able to stagger/alternate FPs with DAS. So, we do a DAS ride, get another DAS return time, do a FP ride while we're waiting for the DAS return time, then do our next DAS while we're waiting for the next FP time, and so on. It's definitely worth doing both FP and DAS!

I hope that makes sense? Have a magical vacation!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter