DAS and MNSSHP

princessjadesmom

Mouseketeer
I actually have 2 questions about using the DAS with the MNSSHP tickets:

1) If we enter MK at 4:00pm using our MNSSHP tickets, will we be able to use the DAS for rides from 4-7? If so, will our MagicBands work for scanning DAS even if we entered using the MNSSHP tickets?

2) Can you use DAS during the party from 7-12? And will our MagicBands work for scanning then?

Thank you!:flower3:

I had no problem using my DAS for MNSSHP and MVMCP but I did have a hard time finding a line that was longer then 10 minutes ( I went out of my way to try it and used it at 7DMT) I was kind of surprised when the CM was like ok and scanned my band. I asked if this was normal since I heard on here that you could not use it she said they did as fair as she know.

and about your question 1 I am guessing yes but I have an AP

and I have heard other people on here able to use there DAS and I know a few people in my town that used there DAS too fro the parties

I had no problem using my DAS for MNSSHP and MVMCP but I did have a hard time finding a line that was longer then 10 minutes ( I went out of my way to try it and used it at 7DMT) I was kind of surprised when the CM was like ok and scanned my band. I asked if this was normal since I heard on here that you could not use it she said they did as fair as she know.

and about your question 1 I am guessing yes but I have an AP

and I have heard other people on here able to use there DAS and I know a few people in my town that used there DAS too fro the parties

When we did MNSSHP last fall, we encountered many long ride lines (we also went right before Halloween). This was before I knew about the DAS. Let's just say it was a disaster that evening for me.

This has been a transformative year for me and we're trying MNSSHP again this fall (one of the first parties). I'm hoping for a better experience this time. I was planning on seeking a DAS just in case we faced lines like last time, but I wasn't sure if they still provided that accommodation for the parties since the lines tend to not be as bad as a normal day. It is good to hear they do (or at least have in previous years). Now I know to inquire about one if I do end up needing it.

When we did MNSSHP last fall, we encountered many long ride lines (we also went right before Halloween). This was before I knew about the DAS. Let's just say it was a disaster that evening for me.

This has been a transformative year for me and we're trying MNSSHP again this fall (one of the first parties). I'm hoping for a better experience this time. I was planning on seeking a DAS just in case we faced lines like last time, but I wasn't sure if they still provided that accommodation for the parties since the lines tend to not be as bad as a normal day. It is good to hear they do (or at least have in previous years). Now I know to inquire about one if I do end up needing it.
they do not offer the DAS for any of the meet and greets, I ended up getting a return time for 7DMT and then doing the meet and greet with them ( the line was about 20 minutes my limit ) and was able to go right on ( well it took less then 10 minutes) the ride and this helped so much.

Some other things I do is find a charter that docent have a long line and do that meet and great I will being things to help me in line ( glow stick, silly putty, stress balls that I only get to use while in the line. I also do my normal ear protectors, music, and I do not care if I stim ( I tend to move around a bit and flap my hands, hum ) I have had some really nice guest that have caught on the fact I need more room and have given me it.

I hope you have a better time this year, I go earlier in the session and it seem less crowded, but there are a few things I will not do at night ( like the haunted mansion) and I would rather see the parade fire works and show ( from afar) then ride rides

I would plan that DAS is not in use during the party, then if you can use it that will be all the better. Reports over the years have largely been a "no" for DAS at parties, with occasional reports that it was allowed.

Enjoy your vacation!

I would plan that DAS is not in use during the party, then if you can use it that will be all the better. Reports over the years have largely been a "no" for DAS at parties, with occasional reports that it was allowed.

Enjoy your vacation!
agree.
Expect if it is in use, it would be only for the couple of high demand thrill-type attractions like Seven Dwarfs mine train that might have child swap. Attractions with short waits and character meet and greets have not offered DAS.

they do not offer the DAS for any of the meet and greets, I ended up getting a return time for 7DMT and then doing the meet and greet with them ( the line was about 20 minutes my limit ) and was able to go right on ( well it took less then 10 minutes) the ride and this helped so much.

Some other things I do is find a charter that docent have a long line and do that meet and great I will being things to help me in line ( glow stick, silly putty, stress balls that I only get to use while in the line. I also do my normal ear protectors, music, and I do not care if I stim ( I tend to move around a bit and flap my hands, hum ) I have had some really nice guest that have caught on the fact I need more room and have given me it.

I hope you have a better time this year, I go earlier in the session and it seem less crowded, but there are a few things I will not do at night ( like the haunted mansion) and I would rather see the parade fire works and show ( from afar) then ride rides

Yeah for the characters last year, my wife would wait in line while I waited elsewhere and I would join her at the exit for the few characters we did. The CMs didn't seem to have an issue with us doing this, and that helped.

I wish people had been as understanding with me. I got a lot of angry parent reactions because I basically would not let their child crowd around me for a better view for the shows. By the time the parade came around (and those awful, awful shovels scraping the floor), I was so, so very done. It was basically one meltdown after another all night.

Definitely bringing headphones this year and I'm sincerely hoping going to an earlier party is a lot less crowded. Between those and everything I've learned this past year, I'm crossing my fingers it goes better (and really I don't think it could go any worse for me than it did last year haha).

Yeah for the characters last year, my wife would wait in line while I waited elsewhere and I would join her at the exit for the few characters we did. The CMs didn't seem to have an issue with us doing this, and that helped.

I wish people had been as understanding with me. I got a lot of angry parent reactions because I basically would not let their child crowd around me for a better view for the shows. By the time the parade came around (and those awful, awful shovels scraping the floor), I was so, so very done. It was basically one meltdown after another all night.

Definitely bringing headphones this year and I'm sincerely hoping going to an earlier party is a lot less crowded. Between those and everything I've learned this past year, I'm crossing my fingers it goes better (and really I don't think it could go any worse for me than it did last year haha).
I was waiting for the parade one year and a boy maybe 4 sat on my lap I pushed the boy off (not hard) and his mom yelled at me saying he could not hurt me. Some people think they are the only ones at the park.

The second parade tends to be less crowded. I some times wat h the first one but not front row. For the castle show I sit farther back

I know we have used it many a time at a few of the special parties, however, we have found that given the number of sugar induced mercenaries roaming around the park that the lines are pretty small anyway so no major need. We haven't been to a special party for a couple of years mind so not sure if policies or even just a consistent implementation of policies has changed since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter