DAS at MVMCP

Starwind

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a WDW/DCL trip, and did MVMCP on December 10th. We were able to use DAS *during* the party.

We entered MK at about 3:50 and headed to Guest Services; the line was fairly short, just a few people ahead of us. It has been two years since we last visited, so I presented my old green paper DAS card and explained it had been two years and I wanted to "renew" my DAS. The CM was great: explained how the new all-electronic system worked, took my picture, set us up. He also explained that we could use the DAS to get return times DURING the party. I was surprised at this as I had expected we could only use it until either 6 or 7 pm. Nope. He explained that although there won't be FP lines during the party, we can ask for a return time, and then when we return they would let us in through the FP line.

This is exactly what happened. We would ask the CM at the standby entrance for a return time, and would be given one. When we returned they would let us in through the FP line. At one ride, which had a standby wait of about 35 minutes, they just let us in right away, but I treated that as a weird exception of pixie dust from the CM, since everywhere else we got a return time. FWIW, we were not the only people using the FP line -- there were some groups of guests with a VIP tour and their tour guide led them in through the FP lines.

This worked quite well for us, especially during the period of time where I started getting acutely ill and had we been waiting in a line would have had to leave it. Being able to wait outside the lines, even though they are shorter than normal during the party, was a big help. Note that for many of the rides the standby time was only 5 or 10 minutes (or less) anyway, and those we did not need nor ask for a return time -- everyone got to basically just walk on or or nearly so the ride.

SW

This is really great to know, thank you. We are going to the party tomorrow night and had just assumed we would not be able to use the DAS Pass.

I have been able to use my DAS for the last 3 year even though people on here keep telling me I cannot during the party, I am glad you used your during the party and you posted it here too I. hope this will let others know they can use there during the party too.

I will also add that the CM at Guest Services, when I said "really, I can use it during the party?" said that if a CM says I can't to ask to speak to their Lead. That I definitely can use it during the party.

We had no issues with using it -- all the CMs we asked for a return time gave it to us (except the one who just let us on right away).

SW

If I am at Disney more then a day at lest one CM will let me on a ride right away sometimes I will sometimes I just ask for a return time love the pixie dust some times

Interesting, we did the DVC party at Disneyland recently and the DAS worked, but they didn't do return times, instead they just scanned the ticket to see you had one and let you get on the ride.

Just an update, we were at the sold out party on 12/15 and never needed the DAS Pass, as most of the rides were walk-ons. We used regular fast passes for the big rides before the party started to save time.

Interesting, we did the DVC party at Disneyland recently and the DAS worked, but they didn't do return times, instead they just scanned the ticket to see you had one and let you get on the ride.

It's interesting Disneyland let you do that. In September in WDW, I was specifically told I could not use the DAS at the AK DVC party when I got my DAS for that trip. It was the only period I was told I was not allowed to use it. Very interesting the different experiences from the different coasts.

It's interesting Disneyland let you do that. In September in WDW, I was specifically told I could not use the DAS at the AK DVC party when I got my DAS for that trip. It was the only period I was told I was not allowed to use it. Very interesting the different experiences from the different coasts.
Yes, but it may also be the fact that at Disneyland many of the queues are not wheelchair accessible as well. Of course the only rides that had a very long line were: Haunted Mansion Holiday, its a small world (Christmas had just started) and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Everything else, including Peter Pan were pretty much walk-ons when we were by them. Yes, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had a 45 minute wait vs. Peter Pan at 10 minutes or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter