DAS at reopening?

Universal had long lines today. Not a lot of Social Distancing but lots of masks
From what I was reading at The Points Guy, the social distancing was great for the most part in lines but not particularly good outside of attractions because they didn't have any kind of system set up. So while you were in the actual queue for a store or food stand or ride, there were markers every 6 feet and people were abiding by them, but while wandering through the park there wasn't anything to indicate spacing and most people weren't paying enough attention. Also the CMs there were being very vigilant about instructing people on masks, instructing that they must be over both the mouth and nose, and squirting hand sanitizer into each guest's palms as they got ready to board the ride. From what I can tell, they've been better about mask enforcement than DS was at opening, so we'll see how that continues in upcoming days.

I think it’s important to remember that everything is fluid right now. As much as we want CMs to give us answers, for the most part they don’t know sny more than what has been released publicly. If they don’t have info about a new change in procedure, their answer will be “same as usual.” I think we won’t have definite answers as to whether there is any change for at leat a couple more weeks when we start to know more definites about how the parks will re-open.

I think it’s important to remember that everything is fluid right now. As much as we want CMs to give us answers, for the most part they don’t know sny more than what has been released publicly. If they don’t have info about a new change in procedure, their answer will be “same as usual.” I think we won’t have definite answers as to whether there is any change for at leat a couple more weeks when we start to know more definites about how the parks will re-open.

There also can be changes where "you go ride entrance and get a return time" are still true Are they changing how they calculate return time (to account for the time spent, by others, in the virtual queue)? Is there a change to when you can ask for a return time (e.g. for ROTR, you got a return time (though it was right away), but could only ask for it once your boarding zone was called)? I think it will depend on what happens with the non-DAS system -are people limited in how many rides they can do? How long is the virtual wait? How many virtual waits can you be in at the same time? How long are the lines once you get to the ride?

Hi, SirDuff.

Disney hasn't published anything, yet. As lanejane said maybe in a couple of weeks we might read something official. I prefer written official Disney info, but who knows.

I can't wait to read about Disney's new park reservation system.

There also can be changes where "you go ride entrance and get a return time" are still true Are they changing how they calculate return time (to account for the time spent, by others, in the virtual queue)? Is there a change to when you can ask for a return time (e.g. for ROTR, you got a return time (though it was right away), but could only ask for it once your boarding zone was called)? I think it will depend on what happens with the non-DAS system -are people limited in how many rides they can do? How long is the virtual wait? How many virtual waits can you be in at the same time? How long are the lines once you get to the ride?

Attachments

• 1591680711585.png
    1591680711585.png
    902.6 KB · Views: 4
When I called for my DVC reservation I was told by a cast member the DAS will work the same as it did before, my mother has MS so we were worried they would do away with it. Also, it makes sense they would keep it since there will be no fastpasses or virtual lines until further notice.

Kind of trying to figure out how it's going to work with no fast pass line to return to.

When I called for my DVC reservation I was told by a cast member the DAS will work the same as it did before, my mother has MS so we were worried they would do away with it. Also, it makes sense they would keep it since there will be no fastpasses or virtual lines until further notice.
how can it remain the same as there will be no Fast Pass line to be sent to? yes there will be a DAS but how it will work no one including CMs cant know

Kind of trying to figure out how it's going to work with no fast pass line to return to.
My guess is that it will work like at Astro where there is no FP but when you return they send you with the next group up the elevator. At rides you might go to the exit they might let you in a side door closer to the front of the ride

I'm guessing they will send you through the exit, which i believe is what they used to do before fastpasses were around. I'll be calling again in a few days to add a room request and I'll reconfirm.

I don't think that would work well - you'd be pretty hard put to stay away from the people coming at you as they exit the attraction.

I don't think that would work well - you'd be pretty hard put to stay away from the people coming at you as they exit the attraction.
No. That was actually how it was before. They would put you on the ride after the riders got off. Haunted mansion still does that if you have to transfer straight from wheelchair and Spaceship Earth does it for all DAS. It is actually pretty streamlined.

No. That was actually how it was before. They would put you on the ride after the riders got off. Haunted mansion still does that if you have to transfer straight from wheelchair and Spaceship Earth does it for all DAS. It is actually pretty streamlined.
Yes, it is very streamline to go in thought the exit, I have done it at BTMRR, JC RNR just to name a few rides. all rides have a chicken exit for those that do not like to ride so there is a way to get from the exit to the ride to the ride itself. the only ride I can not think of is POTCB at the MK,

one thing to note with the DAS you go thought the FP line at spaceship earth the only people that go to the exit is people with mobility devices ( or if you have some other needs for it.) but yes I too think they will just send DAS though the exit or another way that drops you close to the ride.

Curious to see how it will work at RoTR. It had become a lottery of sorts to be able to secure a ride window, slots literally gone within seconds, but DAS didn’t have to wait in longer line.

Curious to see how it will work at RoTR. It had become a lottery of sorts to be able to secure a ride window, slots literally gone within seconds, but DAS didn’t have to wait in longer line.
I have heard there will be no Virtual queue when the parks reopen so anyone wanting to ride will have to just stand in line the DAS holder will do what they will do at any ride ask for a return time and it will be wait time -10 minutes ( and I can see them taking awash the 10 minutes if they just send you to the exit. So not really walking right on but more like before where you can wait some where else. Also the park will have limited number of people and not everyone will want to go there first and some will not want to ride at all.

Seeing numerous reports today DAS will remain unchanged at reopening

I know I’m replying to a post from June 8th but it can’t be unchanged if theres no FP time to sync ten return time too. Our DD uses DAS due to sensory processing issues so we are very curious. I’m sure we will here more once the parks open.

I know I’m replying to a post from June 8th but it can’t be unchanged if theres no FP time to sync ten return time too. Our DD uses DAS due to sensory processing issues so we are very curious. I’m sure we will here more once the parks open.
DAS doesn't sync to a FP time. The standby time determined DAS return time (minus 10 minutes), and there's no reason to think that won't continue.

Also the park will have limited number of people and not everyone will want to go there first and some will not want to ride at all.
Unofficially, IMO, majority of visitors do want to visit the land & ride, if able. Have observed 2 hour waits to even Enter shops (i’m Talking the one up on 2nd level near dining area...name escapes me but they sell the crystals there.

We visited the first time first week, last Dec, actually extended our trip. It was so busy. At least we did wind up with comp PH due to them not accommodating our time slots. Were able to ride the next day with special FP.

Since then have visited twice, believe we are just under 10 visits. It became increasingly more difficult to get a spot every visit...middle of January, early February (where we were shut out-wah.)

It became a lottery sort of thing vs any sort of skill as to attempting to get a time slot as they started to disappear in less than a minute.

Any sort of ‘normal’ DAS policy would be most welcome for RoTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter