DAS available for those with Crohns/Colitis?

snowwhitesmom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have experience with this? I have never asked for it on previous trips, I just wouldn't get in a long queue- which meant missing out on an experience while waiting for everyone else. I just assumed that was the way it was. Am I eligible to request this? Thanks in advance.

Anyone is “eligible to request” a DAS; whether it is granted depends on your needs. DAS is not diagnosis-based, so be prepared to explain to the CM why you cannot wait in the standard queue. Even with DAS, be aware the FP+ queue can be upwards of 20 minutes at times, plus attraction length, so plan accordingly.

Moving this to the main disABILITIES trip planning forum where it is likely to get more responses.

Enjoy your vacation!

Does anyone have experience with this? I have never asked for it on previous trips, I just wouldn't get in a long queue- which meant missing out on an experience while waiting for everyone else. I just assumed that was the way it was. Am I eligible to request this? Thanks in advance.
das is need-based not DX based two people with the same DX can go into GR and one will be given a DAS while the other will not. if you would like a DAS your job will be to go into GR and explain why you can not wait in the normal standby line and why waiting you side the line will be better for you.

Try to keep in mind that if you can get in a line, you can get out. I've hopped out of more than one line for various reasons. It helps me to settle if I tell myself I can walk back out if I have any issues.

For my next trip in the fall I am considering buying some of the new panty style depends. I had my gall bladder out last year, and I still have days where all of a sudden I need to use a restroom NOW.

Definitely get a DAS if it will help. Better to have it and end up not needing it than the other way around. Good luck!!

I deal with IBS-D and related anxiety issues, and had no problems being issued a DAS at both Disney World and Disneyland.

I've heard from people who have gotten them, and I've heard from people who haven't. So much depends on your specific, personal needs as you explain them to the GR CM, and on the CM's understanding of the circumstances.

Yes, just explain your needs. My son has these issues, and also uses a WC at the parks. It is not easy and nearly impossible at times to get him out of a long line quickly (an adult with special needs, non-verbal). Hard to even turn the chair around, much less steer it back thru a long crowded line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!