DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

With the best wishes and thoughts in my mind, this is something that will be interesting to see in the upcoming months. I sure do hope Disney gets this right and there are little to no issues caused by the upcoming change. When I say issues, I mean emergent health things caused by Disney's restrictions on who they issue what type of accommodation to.

I think we're all driving ourselves mad trying to figure out what Disney plans on doing and hopefully it’s better than what all of us are assuming it will be.

We are all most definitely guessing based on the current lack of information. I am truly hoping not much is actually going to change outside of the no in person application, the preselects and the party size and the rest is actually going to stay the same. Those 3 changes alone will make what I feel are noticeable decreases in use (especially the preselects)

The poor CM that are getting those emails don't have the power to answer all the detailed questions everyone is bombarding them with. And even if they did, it's been repeatedly mentioned by CMs on chats posted here that they don't have authorization to answer even if they do have the details.

I am truly not sure what folks are expecting them to do. Not answer at all?

The poor CM that are getting those emails don't have the power to answer all the detailed questions everyone is bombarding them with. And even if they did, it's been repeatedly mentioned by CMs on chats posted here that they don't have authorization to answer even if they do have the details.

These CMs probably know just as much as we do at this point. Disney doesn't really tell them anything outside of what is public knowledge.

Hey guys I’m sure this has been addressed but do you guys think Type 1 Diabetes in a child will still qualify? We’ve had some scary low BG experiences in long lines without DAS. Thanks yall

Another genuine question....
Won't that be a solution with someone with Autism also? Waiting in a nice cooled down quiet room? I don't think I have Autism so I wouldn't know but I feel it could work?

They wouldn't be in crowded line either.... but Again I have no idea what is their trigger?

Just thinking out loud...

So basically why did they (if they indeed did) that particular disability?
They do need some people in lines so the walkways don’t get overwhelmed and crowded (thinking back to how there wasn’t even a sidewalk that was empty at HS post Covid when queuing was restricted. The stores get overcrowded so very few other places you could actually be waiting if everyone was given that option.

Another genuine question....
Won't that be a solution with someone with Autism also? Waiting in a nice cooled down quiet room? I don't think I have Autism so I wouldn't know but I feel it could work?

They wouldn't be in crowded line either.... but Again I have no idea what is their trigger?

Just thinking out loud...

So basically why did they (if they indeed did) that particular disability?
They used to have cabanas at MK where people with disabilities could go. Remember massaging chairs and the arcade in Tomorrowland (we knew about them but never went). The cabanas were a huge money maker but they took those away to make room for more crowds. They had VIP fireworks viewing with a cabana rental!

https://blog.dvcrequest.com/day-private-cabana-disneys-magic-kingdom/

On the cruise it was impossible to book a Cabana unless you had platinum or pearl status.

I never got to experience the Epcot Disney Visa lounge either!

Last edited:
One solution that might work is to have a waiting area with a bathroom near the boarding area. Anyone qualified for “bathroom issue” accommodations would be allowed to enter via the LL, while the rest of the party would use the standby line. The qualified person (after getting through the LL queue) could then wait in comfort in the waiting area for the rest of their party, with a bathroom available whenever they needed it, and when the rest of their party arrived through the standby line everyone could ride together. Solo travelers would be required to wait in the waiting area for a period of time to ensure that their total wait was equivalent to the standby line.
I can't use the restroom without assistance My typical party when visiting the parks is 2- myself and my wife. I use a power wheelchair. There isn't much room in many loading areas to take a 10x10 or larger space out, let alone addressing plumbing requirements.

Some children may have disabilities requiring bathroom access. Is there an expectation a 5 year old, who meets height requirements, wait alone while the rest of their party is in standby? Or a parent is there with two children under 5 but tall enough for the ride, one with a restroom issue and one without an issue. Separating the party doesn't work in that scenario other.

Last edited:
Random thought: I wonder if this change is to try and adjust who is qualifying, not necessarily by disability, but making it an accommodation more for children than for adults?
Don’t know. I will say there are a lot of us autistic kids who have now aged into autistic adults and from personal experience the world doesn’t really know what to do with us much less Disney. Services for autistic adults are rare and hard to get. So I guess to answer your question, I hope not. As I’m still the same autistic person, just older.

Don’t know. I will say there are a lot of us autistic kids who have now aged into autistic adults and from personal experience the world doesn’t really know what to do with us much less Disney. Services for autistic adults are rare and hard to get. So I guess to answer your question, I hope not. As I’m still the same autistic person, just older.
It's as if people (not referring to anyone in this thread btw. Talking about in general) expect the autism to ~*magically*~ disappear the millisecond someone turns 18.

Hey guys I’m sure this has been addressed but do you guys think Type 1 Diabetes in a child will still qualify? We’ve had some scary low BG experiences in long lines without DAS. Thanks yall
Since it isn't a developmental delay, it will be addressed on an individual basis, and that's anyone's guess.

It is not the CM’s fault but they are representing not only the company, but the disability services division. People have spent thousands on vacation plans coming up very soon. Some, like me, are international guests and have no current method of applying for DAS until we get there. It’s absolutely reasonable for me to expect a proper response to my concern when they have my money. I shouldn’t be expected to have to travel 9 hours to get that answer - an answer that could render my vacation useless.

Yes, the CMs are limited by what their management are doing. That doesn’t excuse me not getting my concerns addressed when I am a customer.

I know we all love Disney and I have the highest admiration for CMs but I am also a customer paying a heck of a lot of money. My love for Disney does not stop me wanting issues addressed.

Last edited:
They could have done so much more with the line queues and making them interactive. Esp like Navi River and have some interactive displays and maybe some screens with banshees, drums, light up things when you take a step etc. How about a carousel with banshees, direhorses; Jaja binks, Ewoks etc in Star Wars…

Random thought: I wonder if this change is to try and adjust who is qualifying, not necessarily by disability, but making it an accommodation more for children than for adults?
No. Children with disabilities don't lose their disabilities when they turn 18.

I think the decreased number of people linked to DAS is to try to target the unofficial tour guides who were using DAS to offer shorter wait for their clients. Disney has been cracking down on unofficial tour guides for a while and the ones using DAS for a 'tour tool' are especially reprehensible.
I think the number is also aimed at 'Influencers', especially some liverstreamers who brought in a large rotating group of group of guests.
Then, there are also people who brought in large groups of extended family members - aunts, uncles, cousins - I've seen people talk about as many as 16. Also the guests who wrote they had 4 members of their family registered for DAS and each person had 5 linked to their DAS (so total of 24 people)

I’ve said it before but why announce this like this and cause all this stress and chaos. They should have it all worked out, all the FAQ on the site, and announced how this will all work. It’s ridiculous this large of a company announces something as important as disability accommodation changes in such a way. Announce all or nothing and give more notice than this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter