DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

Anyone get the feeling that Disney deliberately let this system get totally out of hand just so it would be easier for them to justify getting rid of?

I mean the more out of hand it gets, the easier it will be able to prove that it was fundamentally affecting their daily line of business if they are sued by anyone over the change

I mean the more out of hand it gets, the easier it will be able to prove that it was fundamentally affecting their daily line of business if they are sued by anyone over the change
I wouldn’t go so far as to say they allowed it to get this bad; more along the lines of while they did their due diligence of gathering data on how bad it was, it continued to get even worse.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say they allowed it to get this bad; more along the lines of while they did their due diligence of gathering data on how bad it was, it continued to get even worse.
As a previous poster stated, I think we all (myself included) underestimated the social media effect for the scammers. This is why we can't have nice things.

Disney isn’t going to take away an accommodation from a group that a federal court specifically said was well served by that accommodation.
The disabled person is still waiting outside the queue with a member of their party. And if the party is just 2 people, its still DAS. But if others are along too, there is no reason at all why the can't wait in the queue.

Considering any nondisabled guest doesn't have to be in the queue alone, those with a disabled guest in their party shouldn't have to either.
Parents doing the rider switch because they have a child too small to ride DO have to be in the queue alone though. We take turns lining up by ourselves and riding the ride alone. (And it is still fun.)

Here's the bottom line, for me..... I would do almost anything if my adult son did NOT qualify for DAS, but he does. Because he does, we are able to go to WDW where we would not be able to without DAS. Therefore, I am very grateful for DAS on my son's behalf. He is unwelcome in many parts of the world at-large. But he loves his Mouse, Duck and Princesses and this gives him a joy that he doesn't have anywhere else. This will always be a difficult system to monitor. However, to those who are faking or embellishing a disability in order to ride a ride in a theme park, you are a kind of un-evolved creature who may, someday, need the sincere care of others for your daily living. I hope you haven't stored up all that karma until then.

Is there any chance that they may soften the blow a tiny bit by doing something like allowing G+ for free to the disabled guest as long as the rest of the party purchases it? Or extending return times to 2 hours instead of 1 if you have a disability exception? Or maybe even both

For the first idea they wouldn't have to split up for G+ rides, it would save the guest at least a tiny bit of money, and Disney would retain the line control (and they wouldn't technically be charging for an accomodation)

For the second it would allow disabled guests more flexibility with their needs, without giving them a real advantage as far a squeezing in more rides per day, just more flexibility to ride the rides they already reserved

The disabled person is still waiting outside the queue with a member of their party. And if the party is just 2 people, its still DAS. But if others are along too, there is no reason at all why the can't wait in the queue.

Except with a party of 3, I guess my dd's could take turns waiting and "take one for the team"! But again, I would just send them together to ride and skip the RS option for me as it just won't work for us.

Last edited:
Is there any chance that they may soften the blow a tiny bit by doing something like allowing G+ for free to the disabled guest as long as the rest of the party purchases it? Or extending return times to 2 hours instead of 1 if you have a disability exception? Or maybe even both

For the first idea they wouldn't have to split up for G+ rides, it would save the guest at least a tiny bit of money, and Disney would retain the line control (and they wouldn't technically be charging for an accomodation)

For the second it would allow disabled guests more flexibility with their needs, without giving them a real advantage as far a squeezing in more rides per day, just more flexibility to ride the rides they already reserved

I like the idea of extending an hour - that would work for us. I do take exception to the fact that DAS is a real advantage - most who qualify don't get as much done as a typical guest, let alone more rides per day.

Wagons and stroller wagons are banned in general, but can still be used with a medical exemption

There are processes to get a wagon approved for use as a medical stroller where a regular stroller won't work.
I'm not sure if the colors of the tags are the same at Disneyland as WDW. At WDW, the tag that authorizes the wagon to be used as a stroller is blue. If it's also authorized to use in lines, it will also have the red 'Stroller as wheelchair' tag. I've read that people sometimes hide the tags or carry them instead of having them on the stroller because people steal the tags
At Disneyland this past January they told us they were now alternating the colors of the Stroller as a Wheelchair tag because people were faking them on Etsy.

People suck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter