DAS during After Hours events?

Actually I have been told by a number of managers that the DAS can be used any time a ride is running that it is against the law to deny someone with a disability access to ride. I was at EE when the CM there said no the Manager came running over and was almost yelling at the CM that told me no yes give her a return time

You would still have access to a ride without DAS. It may not be as convenient, but the set up of the ride itself doesn't change. Disney doesn't have to offer DAS. They choose to.

You would still have access to a ride without DAS. It may not be as convenient, but the set up of the ride itself doesn't change. Disney doesn't have to offer DAS. They choose to.
No I would not have access to a ride without a DAS I will not go into detail on way but I just would not.

Would you tell someone in a wheelchair they should walk the lines? While some could some could not

Typically if they stop offering DAS it is because the line is not long enough for DAS to be of any help.
It was 45 minutes when I asked the line for buz was pretty fair out of the buildings ( and quite a long ways out side too) even ask the CM if it really was that long they said yes and maybe longer.

Can we please get back to the OP question. I do not see how one time at buz has anything to do with the fact of using the DAS during after hour event witch I have said time and time again I have had no problems doing ( oh and EE but the manniger came runing over to day the DAS could be used)

I have used my DAS for MNSSHP and MVMCP I have also used it during EMH for things like FOP 7 DMT SDD and a few other
Can we please get back to the OP question. I do not see how one time at buz has anything to do with the fact of using the DAS during after hour event
Respectfully, some of the statements just in this thread (I didn't quite them all) are confusing or dispute each other.

Respectfully, some of the statements just in this thread (I didn't quite them all) are confusing or dispute each other.
Well the first post talks about times I have used my DAS ( others in this post have also used their DAS too) sorry at the time I did the first post forgot about the time at bus so I added that in latter and latter that evening a Manager at the Pooh store was asking how my day went I told her what happened at buz that I was told no to the DAS ( I was killing time since the fire work just went off and I was staying at pop) she was like thst is not right got on her phone right then and called the manager for buz and asked why the DAS was not given if the wait time was over 15 minutes ( did not hear what was said ) but the person I was talking to in the store said the CM should have given me a DAS return time and that I could go ride then if I would like she also wanted to know what CM it was that told me no so she could talk to that CM i this time I did not want to ride buz. I head out of the store and went to the bathroom and when I walked by the store the manager was out front with a bag that had Pooh in it and said it was on Mickey ( I was looking at them when she came up to me). Just did not think I needed to add every little detail to what happens but I guess I do. So yes twice I was told no once at EE and the manager was there and one at buz and not even 15 minutes latter I was told by another manager that the DAS should have been used. All the other time I have had zero problem getting a return time if the line is longer then 15 minutes in fact most of the time ( beside EMH) I have had a hard time finding a wait long enough to use it

Ok can we please stop analyzing my two times getting a DAS I have a hard time communicating when it come to writing and it is even harder when I feel like people are nite picking and analyzing every thing I said and did. So please please please let’s move on

Well the first post talks about times I have used my DAS ( others in this post have also used their DAS too) sorry at the time I did the first post forgot about the time at bus so I added that in latter and latter that evening a Manager at the Pooh store was asking how my day went I told her what happened at buz that I was told no to the DAS ( I was killing time since the fire work just went off and I was staying at pop) she was like thst is not right got on her phone right then and called the manager for buz and asked why the DAS was not given if the wait time was over 15 minutes ( did not hear what was said ) but the person I was talking to in the store said the CM should have given me a DAS return time and that I could go ride then if I would like she also wanted to know what CM it was that told me no so she could talk to that CM i this time I did not want to ride buz. I head out of the store and went to the bathroom and when I walked by the store the manager was out front with a bag that had Pooh in it and said it was on Mickey ( I was looking at them when she came up to me). Just did not think I needed to add every little detail to what happens but I guess I do. So yes twice I was told no once at EE and the manager was there and one at buz and not even 15 minutes latter I was told by another manager that the DAS should have been used. All the other time I have had zero problem getting a return time if the line is longer then 15 minutes in fact most of the time ( beside EMH) I have had a hard time finding a wait long enough to use it

Ok can we please stop analyzing my two times getting a DAS I have a hard time communicating when it come to writing and it is even harder when I feel like people are nite picking and analyzing every thing I said and did. So please please please let’s move on
Modes can we close this thread I think the topic has been discussed enough and now people just want to analyze my post and the fact I forgot something so I added it to another post

Last edited:
Modes can we close this thread I think the topic has been discussed enough and now people just want to analyze my post and the fact I forgot something so I added it to another post
not analyzing. The various posts in this single thread don't agree with each other. The statements are confusing.

Hi guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find an answer.
Can DAS be used during Villains After Hours?

OP, I don't know if it can be used at Villains After Hours specifically, however I do know it can be used at events like MVMCP, so assume it likely.

I was surprised the last time we went to MVMCP when I was getting my DAS at early entry and the CM at guest services explained I could also use it during the party. He also explained if I had any problem using it during the party, to ask to speak with a Team Lead. I did not have any issues, though a couple CMs were a bit confused, but did issue the DAS return time. For most rides it wasn't needed anyway as the wait time was short.

SW

Hi guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find an answer.
Can DAS be used during Villains After Hours?
Also for the DAH event if the line was long ( like right when it started 7 DMT was like 30-45 minute wait ) they just let you in the FP line without waiting. My guess is it would be the same for the villains after hours event.

Seem like there is a good number of us thst have been able to us the DAS for rides like FOP SDD 7DMT ( the ones that normally do have long waits even with the after hour event). I kind of wonder if at buz since the lines are normally very short they just did not realize you could still use the DAS. I am pretty sure the Manager for buz is also the manager for space ( and that is one that dose tend to be a longer wait ) and the other rides in tomorrow land and know that it could be done.

Also for the DAH event if the line was long ( like right when it started 7 DMT was like 30-45 minute wait ) they just let you in the FP line without waiting. My guess is it would be the same for the villains after hours event.

Seem like there is a good number of us thst have been able to us the DAS for rides like FOP SDD 7DMT ( the ones that normally do have long waits even with the after hour event). I kind of wonder if at buz since the lines are normally very short they just did not realize you could still use the DAS. I am pretty sure the Manager for buz is also the manager for space ( and that is one that dose tend to be a longer wait ) and the other rides in tomorrow land and know that it could be done.
Thank you for all of your answers, I am going to clarify again when we get our sons DAS for this upcoming trip as well. I never knew this was a possibility before and it will be greatly appreciated if he is able to use it.

OP, I don't know if it can be used at Villains After Hours specifically, however I do know it can be used at events like MVMCP, so assume it likely.

I was surprised the last time we went to MVMCP when I was getting my DAS at early entry and the CM at guest services explained I could also use it during the party. He also explained if I had any problem using it during the party, to ask to speak with a Team Lead. I did not have any issues, though a couple CMs were a bit confused, but did issue the DAS return time. For most rides it wasn't needed anyway as the wait time was short.

SW
We are going to MVMCP this year and I had heard that the DAS would work for rides once they reached a certain amount of time, as you mentioned. However, no one has been able to explain how it works for character meets. If it is 2 hours to meet the 7 dwarves or Santa Goofy, do the issue you are return time? Thanks.

We are going to MVMCP this year and I had heard that the DAS would work for rides once they reached a certain amount of time, as you mentioned. However, no one has been able to explain how it works for character meets. If it is 2 hours to meet the 7 dwarves or Santa Goofy, do the issue you are return time? Thanks.
You can not use it for the meet and greet Maybe one day they will do something. I would let GR know this is a problem if enough of us do they may change it

You can not use it for the meet and greet Maybe one day they will do something. I would let GR know this is a problem if enough of us do they may change it
Thank you! I will respectfully convey the community's frustrations via a letter or email. I am a 43 year old woman with several "invisible" disabilities and will have to miss the opportunity to do a picture with the 7 dwarves (which was a bucket list item but I will not be capable of doing the line I've read about) so my heart breaks thinking of all the children and others who won't be able to do it due to lack of accommodations. It makes me sad as this is my husband's and my first trip to the Florida parks and the party is one of the reasons we are going but I can deal with it but I feel we must advocate for others. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Thank you! I will respectfully convey the community's frustrations via a letter or email. I am a 43 year old woman with several "invisible" disabilities and will have to miss the opportunity to do a picture with the 7 dwarves (which was a bucket list item but I will not be capable of doing the line I've read about) so my heart breaks thinking of all the children and others who won't be able to do it due to lack of accommodations. It makes me sad as this is my husband's and my first trip to the Florida parks and the party is one of the reasons we are going but I can deal with it but I feel we must advocate for others. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Do not lose all hope I was able to meet them one time when the line was not too long ( 20-25 minutes). I was having a very good day and the guest behind me was so great at helping me ( she was a special needs teacher and could tell I needed help) without her and the fact I was having a good day I would not have been able to do it.

Also try the end of the night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter