DAS during After Hours events?

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find an answer.
Can DAS be used during Villains After Hours?

I have done 3 of them and the lines are walk on and the ones that are not ( like 7DMT at the beginning they sent you though the FP line. So no need for the DAS at all Your wait longer for your free popcorn sometimes then the rides

As others have said, its a mixed bag. We have done MNSSHP and Xmas and at different rides and different times they have let us use it, others they have said not as the FP line is not up and running and in use. I believe they are supposed to have some element of support, but it definitely differs from CM to CM and ride to ride. Hopefully it will be so dead you won't need it?! ;o)

I used my DAS during MK after hours for the mine train and Peter Pan. I think the queues were 30 mins for both.

I used my DAS during MK after hours for the mine train and Peter Pan. I think the queues were 30 mins for both.
Wow the after hour party must be getting full. When I went there was a line for maybe 20-30 minutes after the park closed but if you had the after hour then they just sent you in the FP lane. Really a shame Disney is sell that many ticket all the lines after about 20-30 minutes used to be walk on. Glade I got to do it when it was good

As others have said, its a mixed bag. We have done MNSSHP and Xmas and at different rides and different times they have let us use it, others they have said not as the FP line is not up and running and in use. I believe they are supposed to have some element of support, but it definitely differs from CM to CM and ride to ride. Hopefully it will be so dead you won't need it?! ;o)
I have one CM tell me that they do not do DAS for EMH I looked at him and said oh thst right my disability goes away becuse it is EMH just then someone in a wheelchair ( a full time user) heard this and said oh boy when do I get to walk again I mean it’s EMH. The CM gave me a return time the man in the wheelchair told him off I walked away and it took me a while to understand what just happened

I have one CM tell me that they do not do DAS for EMH I looked at him and said oh thst right my disability goes away becuse it is EMH just then someone in a wheelchair ( a full time user) heard this and said oh boy when do I get to walk again I mean it’s EMH. The CM gave me a return time the man in the wheelchair told him off I walked away and it took me a while to understand what just happened

I hope you understand that the cm was just doing his job. Official policy is no das at after hours events. If you don’t like the policy you should not take it out on the cm since they have no control. This is a horrible story.

I hope you understand that the cm was just doing his job. Official policy is no das at after hours events. If you don’t like the policy you should not take it out on the cm since they have no control. This is a horrible story.
Actually I have been told by a number of managers that the DAS can be used any time a ride is running that it is against the law to deny someone with a disability access to ride. I was at EE when the CM there said no the Manager came running over and was almost yelling at the CM that told me no yes give her a return time

When I did MVMCP in 2017, it was our only park visit that trip. We went to GS at MK to renew our DAS, expecting to only be able to use it for the couple hours of overlap that the park was open to day guests. However, the GS CM made a point of letting me know that I could use it during the Party. I said "really?". He said yes and explained how, and that if I had any issues with a CM saying I couldn't [at a ride that has a FP line even though the line itself is closed] to ask to speak to the CM's Team Lead.

We did successfully use it a couple times during the Party.

SW

We've done many, many WDW trips & many of these events. We have never been able to use the DAS at any of them - MNSSHP, MK After Hours, TSL EMM, none.

We've done many, many WDW trips & many of these events. We have never been able to use the DAS at any of them - MNSSHP, MK After Hours, TSL EMM, none.
I would get the name of the CM and report this to GR the DAS can be used any time a ride is opened and there is a wait longer 15 minutes

I would get the name of the CM and report this to GR the DAS can be used any time a ride is opened and there is a wait longer 15 minutes
To be fair, it's probably because we've never been during a time where most of the rides weren't just walk-ons anyways, but we still asked just because we were curious. :mickeyjum

To be fair, it's probably because we've never been during a time where most of the rides weren't just walk-ons anyways, but we still asked just because we were curious. :mickeyjum
If the rides are walk in then you can not use the DAS so that might be wHy they told you no. But the DAS can be used if the wait is longer then 15 minutes and to tell people other wise might make it so they will not ask and that can put a damper on some people trips

We are going to the Halloween party on October 21st, I'm really glad to hear we can use the DAS then if need be. Thanks for clarifying this!

Actually I have been told by a number of managers that the DAS can be used any time a ride is running that it is against the law to deny someone with a disability access to ride. I was at EE when the CM there said no the Manager came running over and was almost yelling at the CM that told me no yes give her a return time

Wow - two things - you sure do get to go to WDW a lot (and do the expensive stuff) and you sure do get a lot of conflict there (by looking at all your posts) I'm amazed that you still go ans spend so much money for all that conflict!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!