DAS Question for call

irish_trip_mom

Mouseketeer
We have been to Disney many times, and used many of the DAS systems over the years, including a trip in early 2022 with the new system of verification. We've always been grateful to Disney for helping us to have access that otherwise would be impossible with my son's challenges. My son is now a young adult, and he & I are planning to tag along with Dad for a business trip and hit the parks.

If I get on the video chat right at 7am, what have wait times been recently? I remember hearing nightmare stories in 2022, and want to plan if we might be waiting a long time. (Don't special needs moms always need to plan and give expectations to their kids on the spectrum? ;)

We are also going to go to Universal for a couple of days, so I'll be utilizing their system as well. Any advice for both is appreciated!

One hour today at 2:00 pm MDT…that was for entire process…making advance selections took up the majority of time as she suddenly got deluged with 5 requests to plan for…she apologized profusely for making me wait as I had mine already to go and had already filled out the forms…just glad to have it done!

For me it was 2.5 hrs from start to finish (about 30 mins to get connected to a CM) on a Friday a little over a week ago. They only book 7 days for the 2 Advance selections per day (8th after you check in?). DAS is valid for 60 days.

I had to sit DD down in a booster (with an harness so she wouldn’t run off) and give her a snack/iPad. She kept taking her shirt off (fortunately does this at home only). The CM was pretty patient but it took a lot of convincing for DD to put the shirt back on and then the CM wanted her to look up and smile - I wasn’t prepared for that one; eventually I held the iPad behind my phone and the Cm quickly took a photo.

Last edited:
For me it was 2.5 hrs from start to finish (about 30 mins to get connected to a CM) on a Friday a little over a week ago. They only book 7 days (8th after you check in?).

I had to sit DD down in a booster (with an harness so she wouldn’t run off) and give her a snack/iPad. She kept taking her shirt off (fortunately does this at home only). The CM was pretty patient but it took a lot of convincing for DD to put the shirt back on and then the CM wanted her to look up and smile - I wasn’t prepared for that one; eventually I held the iPad behind my phone and the Cm quickly took a photo.
Just to clarify for readers.
Once DAS is authorized, the registration is active for 60 days from your first park day.
The 7 days refers to DAS Advance Selections - guests registered for DAS can choose to book 2 attractions per park day ahead of time. Not every attraction is available for DAS Advance Selection; there are limited attraction and time 'slots'.
Guests can only make them for up to 7 park days. After the first park day, you can make more, one day at a time

Just to clarify for readers.
Once DAS is authorized, the registration is active for 60 days from your first park day.
The 7 days refers to DAS Advance Selections - guests registered for DAS can choose to book 2 attractions per park day ahead of time. Not every attraction is available for DAS Advance Selection; there are limited attraction and time 'slots'.
Guests can only make them for up to 7 park days. After the first park day, you can make more, one day at a time
Updated my post.

Done! Took about 20 minutes from signing the Terms to finishing with attractions we wanted. The Cast Member I spoke to was very friendly. My experience was with Disney World.

Last edited:
Yesterday got on at 4:25pm EST for Disneyland. Estimated time was over 3 hours. A cast member joined the chat at 5:31pm. We finished around 6:00pm. Had a few technical glitches but luckily it only took about an hour and a half!

I'm an adult with autism so I've done the DAS before. Sometimes, it's taken forever to connect but my mom usually calls me down when the CM is ready to talk

We are also going to go to Universal for a couple of days, so I'll be utilizing their system as well. Any advice for both is appreciated
Just in case you don’t realize, Universal is now requiring you to use a third party to process the first stage in their disability access service qualification. They are using a company IBCCES. You can find the link on their website.

Once you have filled out and submitted the form and your son’s proof of disability, you’ll be notified of your status as to determination of disability. Then they notify Universal, and you have a phone interview similar to Disney’s video interview. That is when Universal TMs decide whether to grant the access pass.

I don’t know if anyone on the forum has experienced it, but it is at least theoretically possible to be “qualified” via IBCCES and still have Universal deny the pass. But most likely if you can answer the why will this help you question for Disney, it should be easy enough for Universal, too.

Btw, this is the same service that Six Flags and some other parks use. It’s possible you’ve already done the IBCCES portion if you’ve gone to other parks in the past year. If so, you can probably contact Universal to arrange for the phone interview.

Have a great trip.

Just in case you don’t realize, Universal is now requiring you to use a third party to process the first stage in their disability access service qualification. They are using a company IBCCES. You can find the link on their website.

Once you have filled out and submitted the form and your son’s proof of disability, you’ll be notified of your status as to determination of disability. Then they notify Universal, and you have a phone interview similar to Disney’s video interview. That is when Universal TMs decide whether to grant the access pass.

I don’t know if anyone on the forum has experienced it, but it is at least theoretically possible to be “qualified” via IBCCES and still have Universal deny the pass. But most likely if you can answer the why will this help you question for Disney, it should be easy enough for Universal, too.

Btw, this is the same service that Six Flags and some other parks use. It’s possible you’ve already done the IBCCES portion if you’ve gone to other parks in the past year. If so, you can probably contact Universal to arrange for the phone interview.

Have a great trip.
Thanks April. I received the email back from IBCCES and thought i was finished. Since the emails were going to my son's email, I wasn't monitoring. I've heard back since from Universal, said they will contact me within 48 hours of our trip. Which, we will be at Hollywood studios on that one day. I think I may back up the dates so they will not call me while I am in another park.

Update, we called right as DAS opened (7am I believe) and got right through. My son stayed on the call briefly and then went back to bed. ;) It was quick and easy and we were off by 7:20am. I guess years being a CPA calling the IRS right as they opened prepped me to call early to get through quicker. Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

One hour today at 2:00 pm MDT…that was for entire process…making advance selections took up the majority of time as she suddenly got deluged with 5 requests to plan for…she apologized profusely for making me wait as I had mine already to go and had already filled out the forms…just glad to have it done!
Oh, there are forms?
Where could I get a copy or pre-fill out forms like you did?

Oh, there are forms?
Where could I get a copy or pre-fill out forms like you did?
The forms are within the on-line chat for the advanced selections. It's basically the following: Date, Time of Day preferred (Morning, Afternoon, Evening), and your top 3 attractions for that park. They will come back with 2 attractions possible times and you can accept or ask if there are other options. You'll do 4 days at a time with the forms. Then if needed, the CM will send the form again for any additional days and you repeat the process.
If you go here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...lities/attractions-available-for-das-advance/), you can get a list of attractions that are possible for DAS advanced selection.

The forms are within the on-line chat for the advanced selections. It's basically the following: Date, Time of Day preferred (Morning, Afternoon, Evening), and your top 3 attractions for that park. They will come back with 2 attractions possible times and you can accept or ask if there are other options. You'll do 4 days at a time with the forms. Then if needed, the CM will send the form again for any additional days and you repeat the process.
If you go here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...lities/attractions-available-for-das-advance/), you can get a list of attractions that are possible for DAS advanced selection.

That's helpful, thank you! I call them on Monday and hadn't known about this part.

I signed in about 9am in mid october and waited 20 minutes. Was done within the hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter