DAS question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't emphasize enough that the DAS ONLY changes where you wait for a ride/show...it offers no other accommodation. I only say this because you keep mentioning having accommodation needs for specific attractions; if those needs relate to anything other than waiting outside the standard line, a DAS won't help you.
Yes this is true and if you need something else you need to talk to a CM at the ride and see what they can do for you

I do not know what kinds of extra accommodation you need at the rides but I can tell you there are sometimes I need extra help at rides and even the managers at said rides have been like yes we can accommodate you. and most CM at the rides are fine with the accommodation when I explain my needs but every now and then there seems to be one that will tell me no this is not something they do and give me a very hard time with it. I am just giving you a little heads up that what you hear from one CM can changes.

That's happened to me before as well. It's rather annoying.

I can't emphasize enough that the DAS ONLY changes where you wait for a ride/show...it offers no other accommodation. I only say this because you keep mentioning having accommodation needs for specific attractions; if those needs relate to anything other than waiting outside the standard line, a DAS won't help you.

Ok well I have been accommodated before and after calling multiple times, was told every time I could still be accommodated in the same way as before. I don't really appreciate the commentary on wether or not DAS would help me to begin with. I just wanted to know about going to Guest Services and the process of setting it up since I haven't done it before and the answers I found weren't particularly clear. So while I appreciate the feedback/willingness to help, I don't think it's anyone's place to be making a call as to what services will or won't be helpful.

Ok well I have been accommodated before and after calling multiple times, was told every time I could still be accommodated in the same way as before. I don't really appreciate the commentary on wether or not DAS would help me to begin with. I just wanted to know about going to Guest Services and the process of setting it up since I haven't done it before and the answers I found weren't particularly clear. So while I appreciate the feedback/willingness to help, I don't think it's anyone's place to be making a call as to what services will or won't be helpful.

If you already know everything, why ask for info here? I’m not saying you shouldn’t ask for a DAS, just trying to make sure you understand what it will or won’t do so that you can plan accordingly.

I’m not making a call in what services will or won’t help, just telling you what DAS will do, since you appear to be ignorant about the DAS itself.

If you already know everything, why ask for info here? I’m not saying you shouldn’t ask for a DAS, just trying to make sure you understand what it will or won’t do so that you can plan accordingly.

I’m not making a call in what services will or won’t help, just telling you what DAS will do, since you appear to be ignorant about the DAS itself.

The insults are uncalled for.

MickeyMouseCD52 the other poster was not insulting you at all. In your original post you asked if you needed to go to GR at every park to get a DAS, Then, later on, you said your mom did this for you. If you had a DAS before did you have to go to GR at each park? (if you had a DAS before then you should have know the answer to this) You see where we can be confused.

The DAS does one thing and one thing only it lets you wait outside the lines if you need anything else like you can not do stairs then you need to let the CM in line know this the DAS does nothing but let you wait outside the line. This is where the PP wants to make sure you know that you will need to explain your needs to the CM when you see them at the rides or in the lines itself. All that we are trying to do is make sure you know what is up so that you can be prepared for Disney and that you can enjoy your self.

I do hope you have a great trip but I do not think anyone was trying to be rude to you, This is a great group and I have received some very helpful tips from the people here that have made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the parks.

Closing this thread since the question was asked and answered. There is no point continuing it.
To summarize how DAS works:
1) Go to Guest Relations in any of the 4 WFW Theme Parks. Other members of your group need to be with you when you apply. If additional guests need to be added later, they will need to come with you to Guest Relations.

2) Explain your disability related needs that prevent you from waiting in the conventional (regular) line.

3) If DAS is granted, your photo will be taken and your Magicband or park ticket will be scanned to link DAS to it.
Other members of your group will also have their Magicbands or park tickets scanned to link them to your DAS.

4) DAS is good for all 4 WDW Theme Parks and will be valid for at least 14 Days (up to 60 for annual pass holders).

5) To use DAS, someone in your group goes to the attraction and requests a DAS Return Time. It doesn’t have to be you. It can be anyone who is linked to the DAS.
But, you will need to go on the attraction - DAS Return Times can’t be used if the DAS holder doesn’t ride.

6) The Return Time will be approximately 10 minutes less than the current wait time in the Standby (regular) line and will be valid until the end of the day at that park. So, you can return to the attraction any time after the return time.

7) Guests can only have one active Return Time at a time. Once the first Return Time has been used, you can get another.

8) To use the DAS Return Time, the person DAS was issued to will scan their Magicband/ticket at the Fastpass Line first. The CM will match the picture on the screen with the person scanned. The CM will clear the machine and the rest of the group will scan their Magicbands/tickets.
If you need other assistance, this is where you would ask for it. Things like sitting in front, avoiding stairs are not part of DAS and are requested at the attraction.

For restaurants, you can add requests when making ADR, but these are general and what is the computer is not specific to totally explain needs in most cases. For concerns about placement, that would be discussed at the time you check in for your ADR.
Even for things like allergies, the ADR note just indicates an allergy; guests get more specific at the restaurent as they discuss with their server or the chef.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter