DAS - Require ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieMe2669

It's Me, MemoryMakers2669
When going to GS, do you need a photo ID to get it or is your Magic Band all they need?

You go to GS and explain why the person trying for the DAS, cannot wait in the regular line. No photo I D is required. All members of the party, must have entered the park. If granted, the person getting the DAS will have their picture taken on a tablet. All magic bands for the party (currently 5 and the holder) will have the DAS added to their bands. If you have more than 6 in the party, it is up to Guest Relations.

Anyone can go to the ride to get a return time. Only one return time, at a time. The DAS holder must be first to go through the ride line and ride the ride.

You go to GS and explain why the person trying for the DAS, cannot wait in the regular line. No photo I D is required. All members of the party, must have entered the park. If granted, the person getting the DAS will have their picture taken on a tablet. All magic bands for the party (currently 5 and the holder) will have the DAS added to their bands. If you have more than 6 in the party, it is up to Guest Relations.

Anyone can go to the ride to get a return time. Only one return time, at a time. The DAS holder must be first to go through the ride line and ride the ride.
What happens if there are two people in your party that need a DAS? For example, we are a party of 6. Both my 15 year old and I have diabetes. In years past, I only had him get a DAS because we all stayed together. However, for this upcoming trip, he will be going off with his 18 year old brother and grandfather at times to ride different rides while I am with his younger brother. Is it possible that I get a DAS and he gets a DAS and how would they split the party because sometimes we all would be riding together and other times we might be separate.

What happens if there are two people in your party that need a DAS? For example, we are a party of 6. Both my 15 year old and I have diabetes. In years past, I only had him get a DAS because we all stayed together. However, for this upcoming trip, he will be going off with his 18 year old brother and grandfather at times to ride different rides while I am with his younger brother. Is it possible that I get a DAS and he gets a DAS and how would they split the party because sometimes we all would be riding together and other times we might be separate.
you can get two DAS per party but you can only be on one wait time at a time

Just curious as to why a DAS is issued for diabetes? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I ask because my BIL is diabetic and he has gone to WDW and not used DAS, so I was wondering how it helps and if I should suggest it to him.

Just a reminder that DAS is need-based and not diagnosis-based. Two individuals with the same diagnosis may not have the same needs specifically related to waiting in a standard queue environment.

@Lilsia if your BIL has found the queues challenging due to his diabetes, he should stop by Guest Relations to discuss it. He may or may not need a DAS; not everyone with diabetes finds it helpful.

Just a reminder that DAS is need-based and not diagnosis-based. Two individuals with the same diagnosis may not have the same needs specifically related to waiting in a standard queue environment.

@Lilsia if your BIL has found the queues challenging due to his diabetes, he should stop by Guest Relations to discuss it. He may or may not need a DAS; not everyone with diabetes finds it helpful.

I understand that, I was wondering what about diabetes makes it difficult to stand in line. Since I am not that familiar with all that disease entails, other then the obvious and what it can potentially lead to if not taken care of. I don't meant to pry or offend anyone. As of now, BIL seems to have zero issues in day to day life so would probably not need a DAS. But it got me wondering if I was missing something with him since the poster said her 15 yo had issues and it got me thinking that maybe my BIL was trying to "tough it out".

Asking for the "whys" typically results in what we consider a "script" and is not allowed here. Hence my reminder that different individuals have different needs, and if he finds the queues challenging, he should stop by Guest Relations to discuss it.

My husband has diabetes and never had an issue with standing in a line. But he didn't have "brittle" diabetes where it may be harder to control your blood sugar. I can imagine if your blood sugar gets very low you may need to eat/rest or gets high and you need to go to the bathroom...and that this may be unpredictable.
So I imagine most diabetics don't need a DAS but some may.

Just curious as to why a DAS is issued for diabetes? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I ask because my BIL is diabetic and he has gone to WDW and not used DAS, so I was wondering how it helps and if I should suggest it to him.
My son has type 1 diabetes. Does your BIL have type 1 or type 2? That is typically the difference. Having an adolescent with type 1 diabetes is challenging. His blood sugars can drop instantly causing us to have to treat him immediately.

My son has type 1 diabetes. Does your BIL have type 1 or type 2? That is typically the difference. Having an adolescent with type 1 diabetes is challenging. His blood sugars can drop instantly causing us to have to treat him immediately.
my daughter has been a type 1diabetic for 18 years. Not sure if you are aware, but we keep our back back with us in lines with snacks necessary if her sugar goes low. (Please know that she would be allowed to eat in line of medically necessary - we have for years)/

my daughter has been a type 1diabetic for 18 years. Not sure if you are aware, but we keep our back back with us in lines with snacks necessary if her sugar goes low. (Please know that she would be allowed to eat in line of medically necessary - we have for years)/

He's had it for 15 years (he was diagnosed as a baby) but when he gets low, he loses his balance and falls quite often. Therefore, we have to get out of line and sit down until he feels better.

He's had it for 15 years (he was diagnosed as a baby) but when he gets low, he loses his balance and falls quite often. Therefore, we have to get out of line and sit down until he feels better.

Does he have a continuous glucose monitor? Maybe a great way to know that his sugar is falling before it gets too low. (regardless of lines)

Since this thread somewhat morphed into a diabetes discussion, I thought it worth mentioning that right now WDW does not allow any eating or drinking within an indoor queue. They are playing an announcement about it.

Since this thread somewhat morphed into a diabetes discussion, I thought it worth mentioning that right now WDW does not allow any eating or drinking within an indoor queue. They are playing an announcement about it.
I am just guessing here but if needing a drink to keep someone from going down in an indoor line most people would want that person to drink/eat something. granted this was years ago but adult daughter had nothing with her and went down in an indoor line at Disney. had to back line out to get EMT/first aid to her was not fun

I am just guessing here but if needing a drink to keep someone from going down in an indoor line most people would want that person to drink/eat something. granted this was years ago but adult daughter had nothing with her and went down in an indoor line at Disney. had to back line out to get EMT/first aid to her was not fun
Obviously, an emergency is an emergency. However, it sounds like an individual would be required to leave the queue, even if the food/drink was for a health-need. My point was for diabetics who often figure they can snack on carbs in the queue; they should plan to take a snack break before getting in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter