DAS + Rider swap

Cnb289

Earning My Ears
I am new to both DAS and rider swap. Can they be used together?
DAS is for my husband. We will also have our toddler whom we will need to rider swap on the taller height rides.

Any tips or suggestions welcome.

Yes. All riders must get a DAS return-time. Then when it's time to ride, the DAS-holder must be in the 1st party to ride; rider swap will be given to the 2nd party.
I have a question about rider swap with DAS:

We will be getting DAS for my teenage son with autism. He's tall enough to ride everything, but on very rare occassions will get cold feet for certain rides. Possible scenario- We get a return time for our whole family to ride ToT. Dear son is totally fine with it until we are literally about to enter the ride vehicle (this has happened at random on a handful of rides). At that moment, could we ask for rider switch for my partner and myself? Even though the DAS person has chickened out and will not be riding? Would we just forfeit the wait we had already completed? Im guessing this might be up to the discretion of individual CMs at the moment?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Im guessing this might be up to the discretion of individual CMs at the moment?
That would be my guess as well. Would your son be able to wait with one of you at the boarding area, or at that point does he need to leave the ride area? I don't believe the CMs at ride load would be able to issue an official rider swap but they may allow you to wait with him at the boarding while some of your party rides and then swap as they finish. That is how "rider swap" works for those who meet the height requirement. If he would be bordering on a meltdown and need to exit, I don't think you could get a swap (technically they could deny any of you riding if the DAS-holder backs out but unlikely).

That would be my guess as well. Would your son be able to wait with one of you at the boarding area, or at that point does he need to leave the ride area? I don't believe the CMs at ride load would be able to issue an official rider swap but they may allow you to wait with him at the boarding while some of your party rides and then swap as they finish.

In the past, we have been asked to leave the load/unload area and wait outside the exit for the rest of our party to ride after he chickened out. I believe they do not allow anyone to wait at/near the loading platform due to safety reasons.
When he gets cold feet, he will express it by pulling on me (he's nonverbal) and attempting to leave. If that were to happen, my partner could probably ride while I comfort my son...FAR away from the queue. I was just hoping there could be some way for me to ride afterwards since we technically have already waited the entire duration of the stand by wait time. If not, it's not a huge deal for me. I'm used to missing lots of things over the years due to autism. lol

In the past, we have been asked to leave the load/unload area and wait outside the exit for the rest of our party to ride after he chickened out. I believe they do not allow anyone to wait at/near the loading platform due to safety reasons.
When he gets cold feet, he will express it by pulling on me (he's nonverbal) and attempting to leave. If that were to happen, my partner could probably ride while I comfort my son...FAR away from the queue. I was just hoping there could be some way for me to ride afterwards since we technically have already waited the entire duration of the stand by wait time. If not, it's not a huge deal for me. I'm used to missing lots of things over the years due to autism. lol

At the point of loading, the cast member does not know that you were there with a DAS return time. And it really does not matter, since you "waited" your turn anyway. I imagine there would not be an issue with them, under the circumstance, letting you come back to ride if you have to leave with someone who "chickens out". I am sure that happens quit a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter