DAS, the new technology and a large group

jennygirlmt

Mouseketeer
Hello! We haven't used the DAS since 2015, when it was paper. We went on our Make a Wish trip last year so we'll already be coming down off the high of the genie pass :-)

Anyway, we are going to Epcot just for one day with a group of 12. Now that they need to scan your tickets/magic band, how would it work to rotate the people who use it with my daughter? Would we need to just pick 6 tickets to add to the DAS and hand them to the family members who will ride?

everyone will need to be linked to the DAS. assume only 6 will be allowed to accompany the DAS holder on rides, but there have been reports of the CMs letting everyone in( although double the number is probably pushing it). will the DAS holder have a Magic band? if so then at GS just get everyone added. . not sure how hard copy tickets are handled any more.

Thanks for the input.

The DAS holder, our immediate family of 5 and my parents all have bands from a previous trip (though they are now 3 years old. They worked on our wish trip last Feb so I hope they're still ticking!). I do get that we can't add everyone, though I may ask for 2 more, bc 5 of them are kids (cousins) so I'd like them to be able to ride together then at least 2 adults to manage the group.

I just assume if they link the cards/bands at guest services that the cast member at the ride entrance just adds the time to the magic band of my DAS holding daughter then anyone linked can go in by scanning band/ticket. I'm guessing that we'll have to play band/ticket roulette for those who will be riding.

I totally get having a max total, I'd just really like to be able to rotate it. Especially since height will keep my youngest off some rides, different likes, interests, splitting up, etc. Anyway, I think roulette might just be the answer :-)

You should be able to get the whole party linked to the DAS. However, each attraction may limit how many can accompany the DAS holder -- technically it's only 5 others, and whether or not they will stretch that is up to the discretion of the CM at the ride. So, yes, you should be able to rotate who rides with whom for various attractions.

Enjoy your vacation!

I am pretty sure GR can add everyone to the DAS you will need everyone there. And then when you go up to get a return time it will be up to the CM if everyone or 6 can ride I am guessing TT will be one that only 6 can ride so before going to get a return time decide who is riding and if they let all go then great. And you do not need magic band to use the DAS what every you used to get in the park will be what they use for the DAS. so if you use a card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter