date night during family trip

marchingstar

DIS Veteran
We’re visiting the world next month with our toddler and my in laws, which means we will have some adult-only time!

So just for fun, I’d love to hear some ideas for a fun date night during a family trip. Only restriction is we want to stay on Disney property...otherwise hit me with your most fun evening adult-only plans!

Depends on your budget and what you and your partner like to do. One idea would be to go over to the Boardwalk area, have dinner at Flying Fish and then go to Jellyrolls (dueling piano bar). This would probably be my choice.

Have dinner at California Grill relatively close in time to MK fireworks. Then enjoy the view for the fireworks.

Want a fine dining experience, go to Victoria and Albert's for dinner at GF.

Looking for something more casual; minigolf at Fantasia Gardens and then walk over to dinner/dessert at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop or any of the other plethora of restaurants around the Boardwalk area.

Edit: Btw, I love your Captain EO icon. Takes me back to being a kid and I loved when they brought it back temporarily.

In general - start with dinner at one of the restaurants at a monorail resort. Pick the one with the menu that appeals to you. (Or - any signature restaurant on property) Then - it kinda depends on who you are. If you like music - Jellyrolls. A stroll and ice cream - Boardwalk in general. Doing something low key - mini-golf. Huge movie fans - trip to the AMC at DS. Bar hoppers - DS or try that at the monorail resorts or at Epcot. Gosh it would be nice to be at a park without the gang - go to a park!

Honestly - date night for me when at Disney - we go off-property as my other half likes to get OUT of the Disney bubble.

when they used to have the kids clubs, DH and i used to put the boys in there and go into Epcot! we would have a nice dinner at Le Cellier in Canada, or Yachtman's at the Yacht Club. and then just go ride some rides like kids again HAHA we had the best time riding Frozen Ever After (our 2 boys could care less about that one LOL) and Soarin and meeting Baymax (our favorite!!) So much fun!! In fact that memory is what is made us pick disney for a kid-free trip for my 40th birthday when my parents gave me some money and offered to watch the kids for a couple days HAHA

Depends on your budget and what you and your partner like to do. One idea would be to go over to the Boardwalk area, have dinner at Flying Fish and then go to Jellyrolls (dueling piano bar). This would probably be my choice.

Have dinner at California Grill relatively close in time to MK fireworks. Then enjoy the view for the fireworks.

Want a fine dining experience, go to Victoria and Albert's for dinner at GF.

Looking for something more casual; minigolf at Fantasia Gardens and then walk over to dinner/dessert at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop or any of the other plethora of restaurants around the Boardwalk area.

Edit: Btw, I love your Captain EO icon. Takes me back to being a kid and I loved when they brought it back temporarily.

thanks! our budget is pretty flexible...we’re more concerned with value than cost. but value can vary so much from person to person. that’s why i didn’t put a cap :)

thanks for the great ideas. it sounds like there are some fun options on the boardwalk. we’ve done jellyrolls before, but not mini golf. VandA’s is a bit formal for us, but a monorail restaurant could be fun! We’re staying at AKL this time, and I know we’ll miss being in the monorail area a bit.

and i’m glad captain EO brought back nice memories for you! i loved that show too.

In general - start with dinner at one of the restaurants at a monorail resort. Pick the one with the menu that appeals to you. (Or - any signature restaurant on property) Then - it kinda depends on who you are. If you like music - Jellyrolls. A stroll and ice cream - Boardwalk in general. Doing something low key - mini-golf. Huge movie fans - trip to the AMC at DS. Bar hoppers - DS or try that at the monorail resorts or at Epcot. Gosh it would be nice to be at a park without the gang - go to a park!

Honestly - date night for me when at Disney - we go off-property as my other half likes to get OUT of the Disney bubble.

thanks for all these ideas! i bet there are lots of fun things to do outside the bubble, and i can see why some people need a little break.

going to a park is a great idea :) nice and simple, but tons of fun. we’re probably not going to get our toddler to stay up late enough for night shows, so date night could mean getting to see one.

when they used to have the kids clubs, DH and i used to put the boys in there and go into Epcot! we would have a nice dinner at Le Cellier in Canada, or Yachtman's at the Yacht Club. and then just go ride some rides like kids again HAHA we had the best time riding Frozen Ever After (our 2 boys could care less about that one LOL) and Soarin and meeting Baymax (our favorite!!) So much fun!! In fact that memory is what is made us pick disney for a kid-free trip for my 40th birthday when my parents gave me some money and offered to watch the kids for a couple days HAHA

sounds like some nice memories! i didn’t know the kids clubs were gone. i’ll definitely keep that in mind for future trips! we’re really lucky to have grandma and grandpa along this time to give us a break here and there.

i feel like maybe i was overthinking things and looking for something really unique. a nice dinner and some park time sounds fun and relaxing, which is part of the appeal of going kid-free for a night!

before our toddler we took a few Disney trips as a couple. it’s tons of fun! i bet your 40th was a blast :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!