Dates set for the 2018 Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic

Thinking of going on Sat night w/DH, and wondering if the extra $ for the beer garden is worth it if we're not huge beer drinkers? This would be our first time at this event. I know they do have some beer selection on the main causeway.
For us its not worth it for the extra money. There are a couple unique food items and several beers that are not available outside the garden but the variety on the main causeway was/is plenty enough imo.

A little bit of an update from:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-2018-swan-and-dolphin-food-and-wine-classic/

For the first time ever, the live entertainment at the Food and Wine Classic will expand beyond the main stage and into several of its themed areas.

Manureva, a family group, will perform authentic songs and melodies from Polynesia in the new luau-themed area, The Pig & The Poke.

Vintage Vibe, a group of “renegade musicians” who cover songs from the 1920s and ‘30s, will be in the Bubble Lounge; and singer-guitarist-songwriter Harry “Captain Henry” Hann will play his blend of rock, soul, jazz, and reggae (what he calls Floribbean) in the Beer Garden.

And, over at the Dolphin clamshell main stage for both nights of the Food and Wine Classic, guests can enjoy Epic who will be performing today’s best dance, pop, and party music; 501 Blues; and Atlantic City Boys who’ll be playing harmonies of the Beach Boys, Drifters, the BeeGees, and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

I'll be there on Friday night (10/26)! As I'm a big beer geek, I sprung for the Beer Garden tix. Worst case if the lines start getting pretty long I figure I can go hide and drink more beer in the Garden area

Just purchased tickets for Saturday night, 10/27! It's our first time at this event, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Hi fellow nerds. Question for y'all. This will be my first year attending. I'm staying at the resort for 3 nights. Would you recommend doing the classic for 1 night or 2? Can I do it all in just one night and then use my other 2 nights to do some disney restaurants? Wondering if I'd be bored doing the same thing 2 nights in a row. Thanks!

I would look at the menus and see what looks good. Many spots do different things Friday and Saturday and others do the same both nights. If they all appeal to you do both nights. If only one night appeals to you do that night.

We went on Friday night last year and had a terrific time! I love the variety of all the food and beverages! Getting a wristband means you can go back multiple times for the items you love without feeling like you are breaking the bank! It seemed as if most, if not all, of the people pouring wine were a representative of the winery and were happy to answer any questions! The band can get loud, but the atmosphere is very festive, with many more locals. Last year on Saturday, they had to move the festival inside due to weather. I also attended the wine blending seminar which I thought was a great value for the amount of wine and knowledge presented.

The weather forecast is looking like rain for this weekend. I didn't go last year but I remembered it rained and they moved it inside at least one night.
Did anybody go then? How was it during the rain night?

It was fine last year with the rain. In fact the wife and I actually liked it better indoors.

It was our first time attending. We will definitely go back if it coincides with our BCV F&W stays in the future. If we were not going during F&W, I would purposely stay at the Swan just for this event. The entertainment was great too!!! Considering the many choices/variety of foods, the only bit of disappointment was the desserts. Not many choices and taste was "okay" - ice cream sundae was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!