Daufuskie Island-anyone at HHI ever gone?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone ever taken a day trip to Daufuskie Island while they were staying at the HHI resort? If so, tell me about it. Where did you leave from? What did you do there? I saw Samantha Brown staying at the resort there, this morning, and it looked like a real nice place to visit.

All we did was take a beach-combing trip there to look for shells, etc. This is offered through the resort using Low Country Adventure Tours. Never made into into the island to poke around. As far as I know, not much to see. Small island, no cars, residents/guests can use golf carts to get around.

We did the beachcombing trip as well. Took a small boat to the island, were dropped off on the beach, did some exploring. Didn't see any other part of the island.

We also saw Dolphins on the trip.

Hope this helps.

Steve

We did it years ago, before the golf resort was built. Took the Vagabond across from Harbour Town. They told us some of the history of the island, we explored a bit, they served us lunch for an extra fee---a little old lady who lived there made us the best crab cakes. Mainly it was a very rural place with simple living. Not sure how the resort has changed things; a big problem is the rise is overall property taxes when things are developed, and then the long term residents can't afford to stay. Bring bug spray.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter