Dave Robinson Windsor Hills??

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Has anyone booked through him recently? I had read good reviews here, but I see some negative reviews of his properties on VRBO recently. But what is even more concerning, is every time someone leaves negative reviews, he comes back and declares they are "false" reviews. Which seems a bit shady to me.

We have rented from him for about 5 years straight now, every summer. His rates are very reasonable, his units are always clean (we have rented townhouses and last summer rented a 6 bedroom pool house from him) and comfortable. Last year there was an issue with pool heat--- that we paid for--- not being turned on, and his son immediately returned my call and fixed our issue that same day. We are currently trying to decide which of his units to rent this summer!
My only, and seriously only, downside I've noticed is the mattresses in the TH's are pretty worn. Now, the house from last summer had great mattresses, but we have rented 4 townhouses, all different ones, and the mattresses left a little to be desired. They weren't horrible or deal breakers, just a little flatter than we like.

But bottom line, we have used him in the past and will continue using him in the future!
Dawn

We have rented from him for about 5 years straight now, every summer. His rates are very reasonable, his units are always clean (we have rented townhouses and last summer rented a 6 bedroom pool house from him) and comfortable. Last year there was an issue with pool heat--- that we paid for--- not being turned on, and his son immediately returned my call and fixed our issue that same day. We are currently trying to decide which of his units to rent this summer!
My only, and seriously only, downside I've noticed is the mattresses in the TH's are pretty worn. Now, the house from last summer had great mattresses, but we have rented 4 townhouses, all different ones, and the mattresses left a little to be desired. They weren't horrible or deal breakers, just a little flatter than we like.

But bottom line, we have used him in the past and will continue using him in the future!
Dawn

Which website do you use? He seems to come up on two: Windsor Hillls Rent and Vacation Central Florida

Vacation Central Florida is his company. He owns some of the homes, and some of them he manages/markets. I use VCF.

We've used him twice in the past (though it has been several years) and will be using him again this summer. We always book directly through his website Vacation Central Florida. We never had any issues before but I will report back here if we do this summer.

Do not rent from him! He's really rude when something goes wrong. I checked in to a filthy condo. His response indicated hes fine with that and not surprised at all. I messaged VCF as their app kept asking me to let them know if things weren't perfect as directed and no one called, texted, or emailed me back. I spent several hours the first night cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms had to go buy cleaning supplies. There was no mop or vacuum so the floors stayed disgusting the bottom of my socks turned black. Under the sink there were roach traps FULL of dead roaches (ew) Then they (VCF) entered the property without telling me first "to drop something off" but not what I needed or asked for? They took some of the damaged items I mentioned, took the roach traps, so now the roaches are just free to roam. I felt like it was an invasion to come in unannounced I would have locked my valuables if I knew someone was coming into the place. Not even a text or call about the conditions. I then messaged him via VRBO app. His response to all the damage and filth on arrival (and misrepresented condition of this place) was- leave and Ill refund only the days you don't stay. Its spring break, theres nothing avail. Not even an apology for the nasty condition, kitchen full of roaches, unclean condo on arrival, and lack of response from vcd or invasion of privacy. I asked for a refund of the cleaning fee since I had to do so much of it myself after an all day drive by the way and its NOT clean. The floors are still nasty. I am here for an early am event so I don't want people coming in and out to do the things that should have done before I got here. The man is a complete ****. From the email about condition, I expected a "sorry that happened, its not our normal" or something like that. NOPE clearly this is normal.

Also would be possible extra fees and penalty against you when you check out! As if you created the mess .
Keep us posted and thanks for major alert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter