David Cassidy in Critical Condition

So many my age are having liver transplants. Same addiction, alcohol. But it sounds like David's is shutting down, sad.

I loved him. I was a member of the Partridge Family Fan club. I had every PF album and I have them all on CD. I feel their music and vocals were quite underrated. I have the complete series on DVD. I just watched a season 1 episode last night The Red Woodloe Story. I am 9 years younger than David. The PF defined my middle school years (grades 5-8). I had a crush on Susan Dey, but as a gay boy I wanted to BE her, not date her.

Last edited:
He has a family history of dementia. Both his mom and grandfather had it. As for the liver failure, yeah, drug use was and is rampant among Hollywood and celebrities. Alcohol can be a problem, but drugs really are the issue that causes most of these organ failures and other problems. I was born in 1960 so David Cassidy, Donny Osmond and Bobby Sherman were huge parts of my young teenage life. Donny has led a clean life and is very healthy and as far as I know Bobby (he's 74 so older than David) is also doing well. David had so much baggage-divorced parents, young celebrity, exposure and availability to whatever he wanted all led to this.

As for the PF, I hope everyone realizes the only ones that actually sang were Shirley Jones and David The "band" wasn't the tv family. There were four additional performers who sang the songs.

So odd. AC/DC’s Malcolm Young died today. He’d been suffering from dementia and was 64. Both of them so young for such a disease.

I read that dementia and liver disease go hand in hand so maybe that is why so young and having it.

I read that dementia and liver disease go hand in hand so maybe that is why so young and having it.
Huh, I’ve never heard that but that makes sense. Those guys partied pretty hard.

Dont know about the dimentia. My aunt was lucid to the end.

I had an aunt who died of liver disease. She drank for 40 years and quit 10 years before she died, but the damage was done.

She suffered for about 2 years before she succumbed to the disease. Was awful to watch her body change as the disease spread. Her face was gaunt and skin was greenish yellow no nutrients were able to get where they needed to.

She was a great lady and my favorite aunt, but something about that generation in my family-lots of alcohol. And her own kids partied hard. It was always the picture of what not to do for me and my siblings.

I love the genre of music known as sunshine pop from the late '60s through the early '70s. It includes bubblegum pop but not exclusively. Although I love I Think I Love You, my 2 favorites are The Cowsills' The Rain, The Park And Other Things and The Archies' Sugar Sugar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!