Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Wow that is a new spin dud he get a new attorney and a PR person ?? Doing some image control ?? Seems that ship sailed !!
I do sincerely hope this works out for you !! I also really hope he sticks to his word this time and tries to do the right thing !! It will be a refreshing change.
As an owner, no way I would take on another replacement renter. You know they’ll make the owner subject to the new contract. Nuh-uh. That’d be a hard no even though I would feel bad for the renter.

Reactions: cm8
As an owner, no way I would take on another replacement renter. You know they’ll make the owner subject to the new contract. Nuh-uh. That’d be a hard no even though I would feel bad for the renter.

I agree and I will feel bad if my renter can’t go and loses out. But, that is the tough part in that because there are aspects on the owners side that a renter won’t realize...and I don’t fault them for that.

I do think Davids just opened up his business to a less than hassle free option for owners, He has now allowed renters a way to try to make a non refundable reservation refundable or changeable.

But, hey, he may have owners willing to go for it who don’t realize there is even a new contract or are fine with doing extra work,

I can say given wait times of an hour with MS to change the name on a confirmed reservation, yeah,.,no!

Don’t take this the wrong way because I would be happy for you if this works out...

BUT

As an owner, I would be upset if I had to go thru changing a reservation over to a new renter because David wants to look like a hero. And he gets to keep $3/point for HIS troubles?!! What about the owner that either has to contact member services to change the names on an existing reservation or secure an entirely new reservation for him? Apparently the owner’s time has no value. SMH :sad2:

How long would this take you to do? Maybe he will offer owners part of the $3 rebooking fee for their time, who knows. I think I read on here that an owner said that David's gave him an extra $1 per point to make a change.

Last edited:
Availability ??? Seems to be in short supply for DVC unless a whole bunch of people cancel - I’ve been scouting to do a short trip any DVC resort slim pickins ! Someone may want to grab something already booked BUT the Owner should insist on a slice of that Fee David is charging

Just saw your post after I posted above about this - I agree that the owners should be given part of the rebooking fee!

How long would this take you to do? Maybe he will offer owners part of the $3 rebooking fee for their time, who knows. I think I read on here that an owner said that David's gave him an extra $1 per point to make a change.
A lead name change on a reservation requires member services to do it. IF you can even get thru to member services by phone, there are reports of hold times of an hour or more. And it would have to be done when member services is open. Not every owner has that kind of time to waste.

Reactions: cm8
A lead name change on a reservation requires member services to do it. IF you can even get thru to member services by phone, there are reports of hold times of an hour or more. And it would have to be done when member services is open. Not every owner has that kind of time to waste.

Maybe if he offers you extra money you would be more amenable to using an hour of your time to help a renter out? Anyway, I'm hoping my owner will be open to helping.

Maybe if he offers you extra money you would be more amenable to using an hour of your time to help a renter out? Anyway, I'm hoping my owner will be open to helping.
Everybody has his price. Mine would be $3/point.

ETA: It’s an hour wait on hold. It takes multiple attempts to even get thru to be placed in the queue. The phone lines are a mess.

I get folks assume you have to accept his new terms by changing the names like this essentially subletting option where David gets $3/point... But seems you could argue just changing names to new renters is a mere modification of original contract and original terms still apply?

Btw anyone know if you can get refund on tickets? I saw maybe disney changed tune on park tickets??

I get folks assume you have to accept his new terms by changing the names like this essentially subletting option where David gets $3/point... But seems you could argue just changing names to new renters is a mere modification of original contract and original terms still apply?

Btw anyone know if you can get refund on tickets? I saw maybe disney changed tune on park tickets??

You could, but given his track record, some may not want to, I also doubt he will be marketing confirmed reservation but ask the owner to cancel and offer points up for rent,

I am going to add too that right now, with this new reservation system into the parks, there is no guarantee you will get in every day of the trip,

The rental market could be depressed. But hey, if any owner wants to agree to changes, they absolutely can. But I also think renters who are told no, when it is a choice not to go, should not be upset that their owner is making a choice to say no to altering the agreement.

But I also think renters who are told no, when it is a choice not to go, should not be upset that their owner is making a choice to say no to altering the agreement.

I will not be upset if my owner says no. Just hoping they will be willing to help out since renters are otherwise either going to lose all of their money or feel obligated to travel to a tourist site during a global pandemic.

I will not be upset if my owner says no. Just hoping they will be willing to help out since renters are otherwise either going to lose all of their money or feel obligated to travel to a tourist site during a global pandemic.

It seems like you have the right attitude! Good luck and I’ll just add pixiedust: your owner is more flexible then me!

Thanks! I am praying you aren't my owner! :laughing:

I am definitely not! So, your chances just went up!

ETA: I did post that I am willing to let Davids give my renter, if I am asked, the rest of the money I am owed to end the deal, which he could use to offer the renter a voucher for 50%

He didn't mention any of the other changes that are included in the voucher that "fixed" the old contract (in his favor). So I would read this as the partial refund option keeps the original contract terms.

He didn't mention any of the other changes that are included in the voucher that "fixed" the old contract (in his favor). So I would read this as the partial refund option keeps the original contract terms.

But it doesn’t because the new renter signs a new rental agreement with the owner, The owner will get anew agreement with the new renters names,

That new rental agreement with the new renter has information about an owners responsibility of what happens if there is an issue that is the owners fault.

It also says that a closure would require the owner to refund what has been paid. So, that new language is part of the new contracts with this new renter,

So, there really is no way to rent points to someone else that doesn’t involve documents with different terms.

But it doesn’t because the new renter signs a new rental agreement with the owner, The owner will get anew agreement with the new renters names,

That new rental agreement with the new renter has information about an owners responsibility of what happens if there is an issue that is the owners fault.

It also says that a closure would require the owner to refund what has been paid. So, that new language is part of the new contracts with this new renter,

So, there really is no way to rent points to someone else that doesn’t involve documents with different terms.
Sorry I was thinking as a renter (I'm not an owner).

So under the new contracts if another pandemic hits and the owner does not refund the money does the renter have to sue the owner since the contracts state the owner is liable?

So under the new contracts if another pandemic hits and the owner does not refund the money does the renter have to sue the owner since the contracts state the owner is liable?
Under the new owner’s contract, a force majeure results in the renter getting a voucher and the owner must either agree to re-rent their points or return any monies already received from David’s.

Under the new owner’s contract, a force majeure results in the renter getting a voucher and the owner must either agree to re-rent their points or return any monies already received from David’s.
I think the 25% finders fee for getting a renter is outrageous for the work and liability the owners accept with the new contracts and the lack of work on David's part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter