David's DVC: Seeking Advice

We requested standard view, with lake view as our back up. They said Disney has availability for both, but David's doesn't have an owner.

As a broker I'd always caution that a standard view could not be booked - especially if there isn't a points owner ready to book at 11 months. My guess would be that you get the lakeview eventually but per the brokers comment there is a risk of waiting for an owner and availability could change.

We got an email from David's this morning stating the following:

I wanted to send a quick message today to follow up from our earlier email explaining that due to the Disney Vacation Club’s booking guidelines the earliest we are able to secure your stay would be February_.
I will be honest with you due to the high demand for reservations there is the possibility that come February 14,2018 we might not have a Bay Lake Towers Owner that holds the points to book this reservation right away.
Our point inventory changes on an hourly basis between renting out points and Owners joining. I just want to be 100% transparent so that if you choose to wait a few days until we secure this you are not disappointed if we do not have a Owner that holds the points.
Please let us know if you would like us to hold onto your request until the 11 month booking window opens or if you would like us to refund your deposit.

I'm so disappointed, as the reviews online state great success with using David's :( Are they basically telling us to not bank on this working out?
Any guidance is appreciated-thanks!

What they are telling you is that you are before the booking window, and they may not have an owner signed up yet to provide points when that window opens.

Owners list their points with David's, and David's tries to maximize use of the points. For example, if an owner lists 320 points, they will send that owner requests for bookings needing the majority of those points. They won't send a request to them for 120 points. They'll wait for an owner who lists something closer to the number to attempt to book that request.

While David's does a very good job matching up owners and renters, they are limited by what owners wish to rent, and that has generally been less than the actual demand. Sending you an email telling you that there may be delay in getting you a reservation, or an inability to link you up with a owner renting, is just good business practice.

Thank you! I feel like I won the lottery lol!
Totally understandable! Here renters are always warned about the likelihood of getting standard view anywhere, it IS very small, and you got it! We happen to own at BLT specifically to use the points for hard to get dates, and for this year’s NYE stay, I WAS NOT able to get standard view, did get pool view, a two bedroom as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!