Davids Vacation Rental Question

dcamdad

DIS Veteran
We currently have points that we need to rent out. I am thinking about using Davids. For anyone that has utilized his service were you satisfied or not and why? His current price per point to owners is $13.50 per point. Is that what he pays us our does he also get a commission per point from owners>

David charges the renter a higher rate and he gets the difference between that and what he pays the owner.

We’ve rented our points out through David’s a few times without issues. They are great to work with.

We just used them for the first time earlier this year to rent some of our points. They will charge the renter (I think) $17/point, so their commission is $3.50/point. Normally we just rent our points out by ourselves, but we just didn't have the time to deal with it so we gave them a try. We got the email the day after we listed and by the end of that day our points were all rented.

I will say they don't pay you all of it up front. They pay you 70% (pretty quickly), and then the remaining 30% the day of arrival. For us that won't be for another few moths so I can't speak to how prompt they are with that payment. But just based on our experience so far, I'm not anticipating any problem with getting the final payment.

Overall they've been great and we may use them again.

We have rented over 1000 points with David’s for several reservations over a couple years. We have been pleased each time. They make it easy to rent your points.

They send an email to a few owners whose points match for a certain renter. You just email back if you want to make the reservation. After the reservation is all confirmed and the renters pay, David’s sends you 70% of the money. You get the rest on the day the renters checkin. They send the money via PayPal.

You also may be asked to make room requests, magical express reservations, add the dining plan or add/subtract occupants. It has been my experience that some renters need more things than others :)

We currently have points that we need to rent out. I am thinking about using Davids. For anyone that has utilized his service were you satisfied or not and why? His current price per point to owners is $13.50 per point. Is that what he pays us our does he also get a commission per point from owners>
David's pays $14.50 to the owner at most WDW resorts (except OKW & SSR) between 7-11 months(home resort booking window) and $13.50 for all else.

I had David's rent out 320 of my points last year. The process from signing up, answering the solicitations (can you book a 2br dedicated starting on this date for a week with 320 points?), and getting the money via paypal (70% at the time they collect it from the renter about a day after you supply David's with the reservation number, and 30% the day the renter's reservation begins) was all pretty painless.

It is extremely painless. The one thing I do not like is he doesn't pay enough, and recently increased his prices but didn't pass the entire increase onto owners. He says he is short of points- if that is the case he needs to increase what he pays- us owners have up to circa 9-10% dues increases this year.

We've used them to rent our point several times. It's always been easy. They initial payment and final payment has always been prompt.

Another positive comment on Davids. I have rented out my points through them a few times, always quick and painless!

It is extremely painless. The one thing I do not like is he doesn't pay enough, and recently increased his prices but didn't pass the entire increase onto owners. He says he is short of points- if that is the case he needs to increase what he pays- us owners have up to circa 9-10% dues increases this year.

Agreed. The points fly off the shelf in a matter of a couple days, the price should be higher. Demand far outstrips supply.

After years of lingering at $13/14 he only raised the payout to owners by $0.50, or 3.5%...

Last edited:
We've used them twice in the past 2 years and have found them easy to deal with as well. It actually amazes me how fast they rent them .And yes 70% at signing and the balance day of reservation check-in.

We've used them to rent our extra points out and were very happy with them. They know what they are doing and were fantastic to work with.

I have worked with David's many times through the years, having them rent out our points. When he first started out, there wasn't a limit to the number of point transfers a user could make, so he paid to have the points transferred directly to him. I think the first time I worked with him was 2001 or 2002. He would get me, customer relations, and himself on a conference call, coordinate the transfer, then deposit the money in my Paypal account. We find the current process very convenient, and we don't go to WDW as much anymore. The past few years, we've rented out our points and used the money for Disney cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter