Day 1: Dinner at Raglan Road! (9/16/06)

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
First Day – Raglan Road! :Pinkbounc

We had a 7:30pm reservation on the day we checked in. We arrived early and the place was a mad house! Little did we know, they were celebrating their ‘halfway to St Patty’s Day’ party and it had been advertised on the radio and such. The hostesses said they were surprised by the crowds – I think it’s great the restaurant is so successful as we really like it.

Getting seated was interesting as the first table we were led to had been occupied by someone from the bar looking for a spot while the host was getting us. They didn’t tell them to move but instead led us back to the podium and looked for another spot. We snaked through the crowded restaurant to yet another table that had been occupied by someone else just wanting a table! It was really crowded so we were smushed up against the bar while the poor host tried to find a place to put us. He did find a spot and the table was great; we were very understanding in the whole mess and he was very apologetic. I am not as nice as he was; I would have thrown the people off the table but he didn’t =)

It had been a long day and I wasn’t feeling too hot so DH and I split. We got the drunk chicken as our appetizer and it was yummy! It was fairly large, with lots of chicken, and I was full after my portion of that. MIL and FIL split the drunk chicken and my mom also ordered it. We all loved it and agreed it was a large portion – way too much for one person!

For entrees, all of us got the fish and chips except for my mom, who ordered salmon. The salmon portion was huge and really good. It came on mashed potatos that were really good. We all enjoyed the fish and chips.

For dessert, DH and split the bread and butter which was delicious! MIL and FIL split the strawberry and apple crumble and mom got the Dunbrody Kiss.

We also had tea and Bass Ale. Our waitress was really good and helpful. The atmosphere in here is very very loud but very fun. Tons of people, the band started at 6pm that night due to the celebration and several dance groups performed through the night. If we hadn’t taken that 530am flight, we would have stayed awhile and had a few more pints!

Rating (out of 5)
Food: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo
Service: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo
Atmosphere: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thank you for the review; we'll be dining there for the first time in November.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter