Day 1- LIVE- MK, CG & 1900PF with the Toffs

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
Day 1- Magic Kingdom
DS wakes up at 5am and is ready to go which is ok as we are also awake. He watches his first ever sun rise and oohs and aahs the whole time. As our view is so damn spectacular I don’t blame him! We chill in bed all together then make our way to breakfast when it is time.

Breakfast 8.00am 1900 Park Fare
We are the first ones in so we get to see all the characters first. DS was on cloud 9 to meet Pooh and Tigger and flew into their arms. I will treasure these photos forever. The breakfast was amazing.. the cinnamony/pumpkin Mickey waffles are just divine. I don’t like normal waffles but these I could eat all day long!! DH loved the coffee.. I felt like I was drinking sludge but it’s not the end of the world.
sfhvPH.jpg

LEEzPC.jpg

We go to Magic Kingdom at around 9.20am and it was FULL to the brim already. I love love love the Halloween decorations. It’s not too much its just right.. its still Disney I know and love but with such a lovely autumnal color sceme. We buy me some ears and go to It’s A Small World. DH loses his new sunglasses immediately around this point. Of course.. he does this every damn time we go anywhere. First FP of the day is Haunted Mansion and then on the way to Pirates which is our second we do Aladdin’s Flying Carpets. I personally HATE the Capt Jack Sparrow addition to Pirates. We grab some hotdogs from Tortuga Tavern which were delicious and fast and then we head to our third FP which is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

TiJzWI.jpg

31bwY1.jpg

I am astounded by the amount of people using mobility scooters who clearly don’t need them and lazy children who are pre-teen but are still being pushed around buggy things. Let’s not beat around the bush, I am shocked by the size of the people here. I’m 5/6kg heavier than my modelling days and I look malnourished in the crowd. It actually makes me so sad because in a place of immense happiness it’s very obvious that there is a huge obesity epidemic. I don’t like to judge but the difference between Europe and the US when it comes to that is huge. How very sad that such warm, happy people don’t take care of themselves better. Anyway.. not my problem or the theme of my post but I had to comment.

Thank God we rented a stroller from Orlando Strollers. It’s HUGE and very much needed. DS is a tall boy, at 3 he is the size of most 5 years olds and in the UK none of the strollers work for him. The same brands I see here seem to have shrunk across the pond. Whatever this stroller is I am gonna miss it!! It was a LOT of walking to get done before 1pm. We are now back in the hotel as DH has a back massage for his bad back. DS has passed out and is snoring the room down. Finally some 'me' time.
I am sure there is some sort of maximum capacity which these parks operate at but honestly they need to halve it. I’d rather pay 20% more per ticket but actually be able to walk in a straight line and to queue less. All in all, I can not remember the last time I was this happy. I spent the whole day smiling and making small talk with people which is so not me. In London we don't even look at our neighbours let alone talk to them.. here everyone has these amazing random conversations everywhere. I love it. I love these people. DS is on cloud9 and as a parent.. what could be a better feeling than this? This is HEAVEN!

The Rest Of The Day
DH says the massage didn’t really help. I think he forgets hotel masseurs are not professional sports therapists. I don't hate DH, I promise it's just he is annoying me a little right now. I'm sure it will pass. Or I will feed him to a crocodile. I sleep a few hours as the jet lag got me and we make our way to California Grill stopping at almost every shop on the way.

California Grill @ Contemporary Resort
Early dinner for us here. We got sushi to share and then both got the ramen bowls. Such delicious food and the view is probably the best thing I have seen.. I can’t imagine anyone else can top it. The food is very good.. not exactly sushi up to London/Milan/New York high-end standards but as close as you can get. Wagyu steak in the ramen is an amazing touch. DS ate really well. He had fruit skewers to start and steak/some sort of beef with sweet potato puree as a main. Was it worth $350 for 2 adults and 1 child? Probably not but you know what I am so glad we came! I think we will definitely come again next year.
9qm1OY.jpg

We planned to use up our 4th FP at Magic Kingdom but we are just too tired so we are back in the room by 7.45. DH is asleep on his bed and DS is watching Cindarella in bed with me as I type this. He just ate a whole rice crispie treat by himself. Very happy bunny. Was a star today such a well behaved little boy. I was so proud of him especially when I saw what other parents have to deal with.

hwIhbr.jpg

Before I sleep I just feel the need to address the pack and play bedding issue again. How is it possible that at WDW all you get is a bare pack n’play with a flimsy sheet covering the matrass? I mean, do toddlers not need bedding or pillows to these people?? I requested bedding and nothing changed so I called in and they explained that IS the bedding. It makes me seethe with rage. I understand babies under 12 months old are not recommended to sleep with bedding for health and safety.. all very well, but DS is 3 and not ready for a big boy bed yet. What about kids like him? I can’t explain how many hotels we have stayed with in Europe with DS and you get a pillow, sheets and a blanket.

Right..signing off for the day. MK again tomorrow!! See you all there!

Day 2 HERE
Yesterday's post here!

Last edited:
I am astounded by the amount of people using mobility scooters who clearly don’t need them and lazy children who are pre-teen but are still being pushed around buggy things. Let’s not beat around the bush, I am shocked by the size of the people here. I’m 5/6kg heavier than my modelling days and I look malnourished in the crowd. It actually makes me so sad because in a place of immense happiness it’s very obvious that there is a huge obesity epidemic. I don’t like to judge but the difference between Europe and the US when it comes to that is huge. How very sad that such warm, happy people don’t take care of themselves better. Anyway.. not my problem or the theme of my post but I had to comment.
Until you walk in their shoes you don't know their story. I know perfectly healthy looking people that have other problems going on and though they can walk, they cannot walk for a long time. My brother looks perfectly healthy but due to congestive heart failure and 5 bypasses, he cannot stand for more than 10-15 minutes so if he were to go, he would need a scooter. Yes their are some obese people that could easily change their lifestyle and lose weight. I myself weighed 269 just 3 years ago. I carried it well since I'm 6'1" tall but I made a choice to eat better and now I have maintained a much healthier 205 for the last 2 years. Not all people are me. Some people just cannot lose the weight no matter how hard they try. As far as kids in "buggy Things" we rented a double stroller this past September for my 3 and 6 year old. My 6 year old did walk a lot but having it to give her a break made for a much easier day. A child her age takes 2 steps to an adults one step and they have to walk a faster pace. I would rather have people like you judge me than have my 6 year old tired and cranky after a few hours of walking.

I didn’t mention weight in regard to the mobility scooters. In this case maybe I should be more clear but in my hotel there are people RUNNING around after kids, picking them up, wrestling with them etc who then get it them, get to 1900PF and claim they cant get out of them. I have seen some very clear signs of misuse.

You also dont know my story or know that 6 months ago I was in a wheelchair post surgery. However BS is BS and when i see it I call it. Some people using them are taking advantage and do not need them. SOME people. That is a %. Noone said all.
Same way SOME walking people push. Saying some doesnt mean all.

I was in the position in the hospital when I couldnt get a wheelchair that I needed after discharge and had to pay privately because as the dr’s admitted to me ‘sometimes certain patients just want them just in case’ so trust me I know better than anyone about abuse of mobility devices.

As for buggies I said ‘PRE TEEN’ which means 11, 12 years old. I didnt say 6.

I dont know if your looking to pick a fight with someone or if you just had a bad day and are feeling sensitive. You can read any text and find a way to be insulted if your looking for a way to be. Don’t read between the lines. Try to maybe read it from neutral eyes and you will see there was no attack on anyone. Just observation all squeezed into one post.

Until you walk in their shoes you don't know their story. I know perfectly healthy looking people that have other problems going on and though they can walk, they cannot walk for a long time. My brother looks perfectly healthy but due to congestive heart failure and 5 bypasses, he cannot stand for more than 10-15 minutes so if he were to go, he would need a scooter. Yes their are some obese people that could easily change their lifestyle and lose weight. I myself weighed 269 just 3 years ago. I carried it well since I'm 6'1" tall but I made a choice to eat better and now I have maintained a much healthier 205 for the last 2 years. Not all people are me. Some people just cannot lose the weight no matter how hard they try. As far as kids in "buggy Things" we rented a double stroller this past September for my 3 and 6 year old. My 6 year old did walk a lot but having it to give her a break made for a much easier day. A child her age takes 2 steps to an adults one step and they have to walk a faster pace. I would rather have people like you judge me than have my 6 year old tired and cranky after a few hours of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter