day 1 part2

bluegirl

Mouseketeer
Well as i explained earlier we arrived safely in one piece,our luggage safely taken care of and transported on to Santa Fe hotel ( more of which i will tell you about later) no need to tell you what we did next I am sure you have already guessed,we ran hand in hand up to the gates of the park stopping only to breath and get the tickets out my purse. What a fabulous entrance i do not rermember it being this glam at WDW. The sun was shining and I am sure there was a blue bird on my shoulder any way where to go first? straight to fantasy land and on to its a small world (no queue) and sang all the way round ,this is a very lovely gentle ride, next onto Alices curious labarynth came out with head intact,there was quite a queue for Peter Pans flight so left that for another day ,all in all not too busy.DD decided that it was about time we had something to eat so we stopped at Au Chalet de la Marionnette I had chicken and chips and dd had a 5 EURO kids meal which consisted of chicken nuggets quite a large portion of chips a soft drink and a very large ice lolly, not bad value for money when you consider a bottle of coke is 2.70 euros in the park.The weather was so nice that we sat at a table outside and watched the world go by. Next onto Discoveryland and Les Mysteres du Nautilus, this is a walk through the submarine from 20000 leagues under the sea, you get attacked by a rubber octupus at one of the windows which dd thought was a bit too realistic so we left rather quickly ,then had a laugh about the fact that a bit of rubber could have such an effect.Star tours next this is one of my favourite rides and it really does feel as though you are flying through a meteor field etc the fact that the robot speaks french just gives me the giggles.
Feeling a little weary from the intergalactic space travel we decided it was time to check into the hotel as we had a date with some cowboys booked for later that eveing and it was most important that us girls looked our best.
We hot footed it to the bus station to get the bendy bus to the Santa Fe hotel this took only 5 minutes, reception at the hotel was quiet and check in was univentful .we picked our luggage up from the baggage room and followed the trail to our room. The room was very clean and fresh looking ,adequate bathroom etc in fact for the cheapest option we were very happy, there was a small altercation over who was getting what bed (I am bigger so I won) time for a quick wash and brush up then off to get the bendy bus back to Disney Village and our hot date with the cowboys!...................................................................................
Unfortunately we had to share the cowboys with several hundred other people but what excellent fun Buffallo Bills Wild West dinner show is.You get split up into 4 teams we were Montana which meant we were issued with Cowboy hats with green bands on you then wait in the bar area where you are entertained by a very strange I think female juggler and then a really good country band with some audience participation singing and hat waving to get you in the mood for the evening( still not sure about the juggker?) Next you are let into the arena and seated at bench like tables which are set with metal skillet pans which you eat your chow out of.The food is bought to you throughout the 90 minute show ,it is not gormet cooking but perfectly palatable and plenty of it and they even feed the kids first which is a great idea.The show it self is quite breathtaking and dd was really taken with it all ,I will not tell you too much as it could spoil your fun if you are planning on going but it does invlove much Yee-Haa-ing and hat waving.
After such excitement it was definately time for bed so thats exactly what we did (,after all there were several cowboys to dream about!!) :flower:

Your reports make great reading - I am looking forward to the next one now!

bluegirl said:
DD decided that it was about time we had something to eat so we stopped at Au Chalet de la Marionnette I had chicken and chips and dd had a 5 EURO kids meal which consisted of chicken nuggets quite a large portion of chips a soft drink and a very large ice lolly, not bad value for money when you consider a bottle of coke is 2.70 euros in the park. :flower:

It's funny that you should mention Au Chalet de la Marionnette being a good deal. At Disneyland in California, I have always found Village Haus restaurant to be the best value in the park. Au Chalet de la Marionnette and Village Haus are the same restaurant, right down to their placement in Fantasyland. When I saw Au Chalet, I went in hoping that it was the same good value as Village Haus. I was right and pleased with the food and price.

This was great to read; thanks Bluegirl! I'll be seeing Buffalo Bill in June for the first time and I'm really looking forward to it. Pleased to hear the food is edible though, because I've heard otherwise from some friends! ;)

Looking forward to the next installment!

Hi

Your trip reports are really good, I'm looking forward to the next installment. Everytime I return from DLRP I fully intend doing a report but they never seem to come together somehow. Am off again next Monday so I thinkI will bring a small notebook and keep a diary each evening. Am going to be really brave this time and go on Startours..this will be our 8th trip and Ive never plucked up courage yet..I tend to get a bit ill when things move around me!! Even Honey I shrunk the audience makes me quesy and I spend most of the show with my eyes closed and my feet slightly raised!!
Anyway keep up the good work

Mini :banana:

Enjoying part 2. Reminded us of trip in the summer when we were also Montana group, which won and kids were very happy.
Left my hat on the window ledge at home, so it is now a shade of grey :rolleyes:

Reid

I didn't have time to read this earlier in the day as I was at work. Couldn't wait to read it when I got home. I am loving your trip reports! So much fun.

When we went to WDW, we discovered that the kids meals were great. And we started ordering them for ourselves. We didn't need a big meal, so the kids meals were great sizes for us at mid-day.

What a great report and sounds like you had a fantastic day! I'm so glad you were pleased with the Santa Fe. And you made me want to try the cowboy show our next trip! I'd been wondering if it's worth the money and whether we would enjoy it. It's now on my list for next time!
Looking forward to "tomorrow's" report....!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

the fact that the robot speaks french just gives me the giggles

Oh me too! It was one of the first rides I went on at DLP. I'd only ever been on the WDW one before so it was quite a shock when the robot started speaking in that high pitched scarily fast voice! I should have expected it really but it was just too funny! :rotfl2:

I'm hoping to go to Buffalo Bill's in October but I'm a bit worried about the food (SO is the pickiest eater in the universe) so I'll have to check it out first!

I haven't desserted you guys its just my feet have not had time to hit the ground over the past few days let alone spend time at my beloved computer.Day 2 comming very shortly. :flower:

We do understand, bluegirl. :goodvibes

It's just that your reports make very interesting reading, especially for a DLP first-timer like me!, and we're all looking forward to the next instalment.:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter