Day 1:Southwest Airlilnes, PBH

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
Cast: Me (Steve)- 14 with two parents
Mom- Mother of me and my sister
Dad- Father of me and my sister

Its July 11th and time to head out to the Airport. We wake up at 4:00 am. Could not sleep a wink, I was so excited. It took an hour to get ready and then we hopped in the car and head to BWI Airport, or so me and my mom thought. My dad decided to stop at Rite Aid, then at the post office. Already, running beind, we park at satalite parking and it takes about 10 minutes to find a parking spot, and 10 minutes to catch the shuttle. Now we think that everything is going to be alright. But soon as we check into the southwest airlines desk we already have major problems. Being how my mother forgets her all of her i.d. the airlines needs proof that the tickets she has really belong to her. So after about a half an hour or so, the agent finally lets us check in and head down to the gate. Everything is great so far after that little mishap.
We arrive in Orlando and head down to the Mears shuttle bus area to buy tickets. The lady at the Mears desk gives us a discout. How nice of her. We pull up to the PBH and head over to the front desk to check in. We booked a Bayview room but I belong to the Loews First Club so their were'nt any upgrades to a pool view but she did give us a Bayview with a walk out balcony with a table and chairs on the 5th floor. They didn't give us a bellhop for some reason, but we knew our way around the hotel. So we walk over to the East Wing and take the elevator up to the 5th floor and walk all the way down the right side hallway. Our room # was 1502 and I when we walked in it was nice and cool with 2 big queen beds and beautiful porch. After we got settled we headed down to De Sal's and got lunch. We had the Pizza Pescatora (Chesse pizza with shrimp and scallops) it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had. After that I gave my dad a tour of the hotel and headed to the pools to go swimming. There was no one at the pool hous to give me a raft and noodles so I went around back and stole, I mean borrowed some rafts.
After all of us got done swimming we called Star Service for our Loews first gift. We got two fruit bowls, two big bottles of water and a loews loves kids gift bucket with a pupoey doll and tons of candy ( I'm not a kid, I'm a young adult but wanted it anyway.) We took the water taxi to citywalk and ate at Margaritaville. We showed our room key card and they gave us a Palm Pilot to wait with. It had information on Citywalk and what's play in the movies. We waited 30 minutes even with the room key card. All three of us had the Cheese Burger in Paradise.
My parents went back to the hotel while I went to Teen Night at the Groove. The groove was O.K. but the inside looked like a cross between the Moulin Rouge and the Latin Quarter with a Techno Theme. I finished the day by watching the Universal Fireworks from my balcony/porch.
Tomorrow I go to Wet n' Wild, and it will be the most stressful day of the week. Why do you you ask , why I haven't talked about my sister. She's in Italy and couldn't come. I will post my trip pictures later. P.S. I'm not a good speller.

Sounds like Mom has the same problem I have...stuck remembering everything and bound to forget the most important stuff. I would forget my brain, but it is in my skull :rolleyes: You sound very mature to be so young. I could not imagine taking the initiative to plan a vacation for my family when I was 14. Sounds like Sis has the better deal though. Would love a vacation to Italy:D , but Universal will do for now. Keep the reports coming.

Great report! Thanks for the great description of PBH! :)

What a great trip report!!! It's been awhile since I have looked at the Universal Boards, glad I stopped by!

Glad you Mom was able to get onto the airplane okay!

Off to read day two! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter