• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Last night was a nightmare and we did not go to sleep until after 2am. Well its now morning we are tired from lack of sleep but it’s time to take care of this pass renewal since I can not get into any parks right now.

We take the boat to the World Showcase side and go over to Guest services. As soon as we arrive this gentleman calls us over and he could not be any nicer. We explain what happened to us last night leaving out much of the nasty details and he says let’s see if we can fix this for you. His name is Tyler and he asked for required documents that I had all ready and in 5 minutes he not only had my renewal done but we were able to upgrade both of our passes to expire 1 year from the date of activation to a park. And all thru this he apologized for having to come back again to renew our pass. He asked us if we were reimbursed for the Boo-Bash and we told him that we were, he said he would have done that for us if we weren’t. He also checked for availability to the next available Boo Bash and he told us that Friday there is only a small amount of tickets available so if we would like to still go we need to quickly decide before they are sold out. It’s amazing how much one person can make or break your experience and Tyler made the terrible situation from last night go away in an instant. Our thanks to Tyler who could not have been more helpful and nice. Now thats excellent guest service. Oh and by the way we did purchase the Boo Bash tickets for Friday night.

We thought we would just go back to the room but we said while we are here lets go and walk around the World Showcase for a bit. We had a 3:30 reservation for the Tequila tasting party in Mexico. It was 1:00 so we thought we would stop at a few booths and taste some of the foods. We stopped at Noodles and got two Shrimp coconut curry rice noodle bowls, these were only $12.50 for both and they were delicious and filling. That was our lunch and we were too full to stop at any other booth. Go figure that was the cheapest eatery we have stopped at this whole trip and it was very enjoyable, if you are not someone who likes hot spicy food then beware this is spicy hot and delicious. Eventually we made it over to Mexico and checked into our Tequila tasting party. The Manager Hilda came out and told us there was a mix up on the times but she invited us in and gave us a table (felt bad for the long line of people waiting for an open table but I will get over it) and a flight of different tequilas along with an avocado type drink, chips and salsa as an apology for the miscommunication, Hilda could not have been nicer. We were seated next to a local couple and struck up a conversation with them that lasted the whole time we were at the tequila bar. We got along with them like we were friends for years. This was such a great experience. But I still do have this thing about no drinks until 5:clock and as we were heading back to our room we stopped at a bench and I almost fell asleep. Since we were so exhausted from the lack of sleep provided by the Manager and his side kick at guest services last night mixed with the drinks before 5 it was time to get back to the room and take a nap. We had a reservation at Toledo at the top of the Coronado Springs resort at 7. Got back to our room, laid down and passed right out. Woke up at 6 jumped in the shower and both were ready in record time. Good thing the restaurant was only a few minutes drive from the Boardwalk Resort. We head up to the 16th floor and checked in. We asked to be seated at the window and would wait for one if it wasn’t available. A few minutes later we were seated in the middle of the restaurant. While there were empty seats by the window I just don’t understand why restaurants ask for requests at the time of booking if they are just going to ignore your request and seat you anywhere they want. Even reminding them when we checked in which was a waste of breath. (we made that request when we booked the reservation and again when we arrived) my wife ordered two appetizers one had meat which she did not realize and the other was just heated olives. I ordered the Grouper and my wife ordered the Flank steak. When my meal arrived the first thing was the smell of fish was so strong that I was afraid to touch it. I took one taste and the taste of bad fish ran from my mouth to my nose and asked the server to take it away. The server was very nice and asked me if I would like to order something else, I said no. Honestly, I just have this thing about ordering something else when the person you are with is already eating, you get to watch them eat and then later they get to watch you. So no I did not order something else.

Look, its hard when you don’t eat meat, poultry or pork usually that shrinks a menu down to only a very few choices so I mostly have to settle for something that I normally would not order so when something comes to the table and it smelled like the fish was bad there are no other choices to switch to unless I wanted a cauliflower meal which is one of the few veggies I do not care for. So I just munched on the olives we had gotten for an appetizer. My wife felt terrible since she was looking forward to trying this restaurant and it just kept going wrong. I assured her it was fine, things happen. Not the restaurants fault nor hers. I saw the server speak to the two men in suits and point my way, never did anyone even make an attempt to come over to me and ask me what went wrong. My meal was not on the check, thank goodness because I would not have paid for that anyway. I am sure they assumed that I just didn’t like what I ordered and did not realize there was something wrong with the fish.

My not eating meat is a personal choice for me. I haven’t touch a piece of meat in years and can’t see me ever eating it again. While it does make it a little tough when we go out, I usually have to look up the menu and see if there is anything on it that I would eat. I am a pescatarian meaning I eat fish, mainly wild caught when I have the choice. Since I do the cooking and food shopping at home my wife also does not eat meat, except for when we go out and someone else cooks it, since I will not.

My favorite type of restaurants that give me a wide range of choices are Italian, Asian and Indian restaurants. They usually have a-lot of seafood or just great veggie or cheese dishes. I am not a vegan who will not eat animal made cheeses, or eggs. I do eat them in limited amounts. In really high end restaurants I might just ask to speak to the chef and tell him or her what I do eat and to surprise me with their own creation. You can not imagine how many times the chefs get so excited that they have a chance to make something off the menu and of their own creation and they always come out to check on me and see if I like it and every time I have done that everyone in my party would say from now on we will have what he’s having, I would say I never even once was disappointed in what they make for me, I have always loved what they created and they have always been thankful to create something that is special and off the main menu. I believe only one time have I ever had a server tell me that they will not do anything off the menu and the server did not even ask or get the chef involved and that actually was here in Disney at the Wave.

Now back at the room and we had some Pizza and cheese and crackers along with a beer. At 11:30 exhausted we called it a night. To be continued…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter