DAY 13- Typhoon Lagoon, Yachtsman Steakhouse and nearly the end of our adventure!

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
Day 13- Magic Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon & Yachtsman Steakhouse

I wake up and weirdly feel fine even though I didn’t sleep a wink all night. I don’t know what happened around the 6am point but the shaking and fever stopped and I took a shower and was good to go.

Breakfast was super early at Ohana’s. We got there to be confronted by a queue for check-in and then Stitch that wound around and took 30 minutes to pass. Horrible. We had been to Ohanas 2 or 3 times before and this visit spoilt the good run they were having with us. Our server was downright rude and unhelpful. I asked for some hot water (to warm our juice up as everything is served ice cold which is not exactly great when you’ve been sick.) EVERYWHERE else I have asked has obliged no problem. He asked me what it was for and then was rude about getting it as if I had asked him for a kidney. He kept telling me it wouldn’t help and I had to remind him 3x before it arrived. The characters didn’t come out for 40 minutes so we were actually done eating and stuck there waiting for them to come by. Just generally not a great experience as it's a character breakfast. Without the characters whats the point? Worst character interaction by far when it did happen. Mickey was in a rush and he kept pushing people's chair aggressively to pull the children to him and then push them back.

We then head to Magic Kingdom to do a few rides as the water park opens at 10. Magic Kingdom overnight has been transformed into Christmas!! All the flowers in the entrance have been changed to poinsettia which has transformed everything from Orange and Gold to RED! Every lamp on main street has a Christmassy garland of pine, bells and fruits and all the windows have Christmas displays. Not to mention the merchandise is now Christmas. STUNINNG! They had a Halloween party the night before which means this transformation has taken place in just 6 hours. Very impressive.

We do Small World and The Carousel and then head to Typhoon Lagoon. DH is a huge water park fan so he was so excited. DS not so much as he is never quite sure if he likes or hates water. It was ok. Just ok. I’ve been to far better water parks so I don’t know what to say really. We all like that wave maker thing but it takes up so much space. The small kid’s area is cute but limited. It was an ok way to spend 3 hours I can’t say we want to go back. The counter service food was terrible. I was pretty happy to leave after we had done a few slides and a circle on that hoop thing.

We went back to the hotel via bus stopping at Disney Springs. I actually enjoyed it much more this time but it really wasn't for DS. I also notice that there aren't many places you can sit comfortably indoors & outdoors and just have a good coffee & desert. I am huge on coffee culture so I was a little thrown by that. However we stopped by a few shops (yes, yes.. Sephora again for me) and got coffee to go so it was a nice way to burn a hour on the way back to the hotel.

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Award to the world’s worst waiter goes to our server here who I would swear to God was medicated or drunk. He wrote down our order but got EVERYTHING wrong. We had to ask him for DS’s juice 8 times before asking another server for it. The food was amazing though when we finally got what we ordered. I ordered the Lobster Bisque which was heavenly and a steak. I can’t say it was one of the best steaks I ever had but it was pretty damn good. AMAZING sides. I really wanted to have desert but we were so full there was no room. I would 100% go back here. It is a top 3 place for me with California Grill and Jiko!

DS ended up a bit bored so we went to explore the hotel and we spent a good while in the arcade. He had so much fun with the driving games. REALLY like the hotel and view but I must say in terms of aesthetics I prefer Beach Club over Yacht Club! I was not a huge fan of the darker wood and the heavy feeling low ceilings in the lobby of the latter. Would 100% stay at either if I had a chance though as the walking distance to Epcot and the amazing pool really appeal to me!

And so we come to almost the end of our Disney adventure… we go to bed a little sad knowing that the next day will be our last day!

When I posted my day on another forum, someone posted that it sounded like we are not in a good mood all day. Quite the contrary, we were smiling and laughing the whole time. However it is worth mentioning and reminding people that at Disney, sit down 'table service' meals can take quite a long time. And when the service is not good or something goes wrong, that is hours of your day not just minutes. In this case we spent at least 4 1/2 hours between Ohana's & The Yachtsman Steakhouse that day. Thats a lot of hours to not go quite to plan out of the day so I just feel fair to comment. After all this is a place to review and bad service is bad service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter