Day 2 – 6th July we’re heading for Disneyland, whose turn to be sick! Day 2 added

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Can't post up day 2 as it says it is a duplicate post.
Will try again later. :rolleyes:

Reid

Day 2 – 7th July first day in the park, nobody sick today hooray!

Cast members

Me – Disney fanatic - I stomped through Disneyland Paris in 1997, since why come to a theme park when you’re in Paris, yes really!
Diane (DP) – Long suffering Disney widow, buts loves it all anyway
Morgan (DD) – 7 year old Disney fan. Favourites BTM, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jack (DS) – 5 year old Disney, Star Wars and Power Rangers fan. Favourite Autopia
Robyn (DD) – 3 year old Disney fan. Loves parades and Casey Jr

Kids wake up at 6.00am and are encouraged to go back to sleep, remembering that this is 5am our time.
We know best and if they don’t get a bit more sleep then grumps they will be :guilty:
At 7.30am, now that’s better :sunny: we are up and showered.

The troop and I walk the 10 steps or so to the breakfast hut. Now this is an excellent arrangement with Davy Crockett Ranch. Each trail is served by a hut where you collect your breakfast at any time between 7.30 – 11.30 am.
f334d12d.jpg

We show our id and are rewarded with 3 boxes with 10 croissants, 5 cartons of oj, butter, marmalade, jam, hot chocolate, 1ltr milk and a French stick. Only half the croissants are touched along with the oj; although in the evening the troops have another ½ croissant. Oh and hot chocolate becomes the new favourite morning drink of the troop. I settle for croissant and Nescafe sachet, hopefully I’ll get a real coffee later.

Guests of DCR get to park in the main car park for free, but as Annual passport holders we decide to park at the Hotel New York. This will give us a nice walk through the village back to the car and we suspect will be much quieter than navigating the main carpark at the end of the day :moped:

We arrive at the park for 10.00am, although I can’t believe that I forgot that it opened at 9.00am.
The park is looking busy so we are expecting a lot of queuing
f334d11f.jpg

After entering we head straight for the stroller hire. Even without the free hire from our annual passes, we would make this our first stop. Fantasyland is made in good time with youngest DD on stroller and DS on standing. First port of call is Snow White, where Robyn spends most of the ride with her head buried as she is scared of the wicked Queen. We follow this with Pinocchio and have a similar performance.
Next stop is Dumbo and although there is a reasonable queue Jack always asks to go on this when we arrive.
Casey Jr beckons, but this does not open until 11.00am. No problem, spinning tea cups substitute for the time being. I always have a bit of fun pretending to be sick, which only encourages everyone to spin it faster.
As you can probably tell Jack has fully recovered.
Can’t believe that it has taken us to 10.45 before we go on IASW. As usual everyone sings the entire ride and point to any they think no one has seen before :rolleyes1
As we come off Casey Jr the heavens open up so we hurry over to the Annual Passport Bureau to get a passport for Robyn. She gets a Roo soft toy and for us a 20% voucher for shopping and a 20% voucher for restaurant.
We go next door to Constellations to check out the Star Wars merchandise, although it is not as good as we were expecting.
The park is buzzing and while we enjoyed November with the smaller crowds the park has a magic with all the people who are happy to wear Minnie’s ears, Goofy’s hat etc

Since the weather has not improved and the shops are doing a roaring trade in yellow ponchos we head to Café Hyperion. It would seem that most of the park has a similar thought :rolleyes:
The 12noon Lion King Show is due to start so Jack and I belt ahead and secure a table in the top tier, although nearly loose everyone else in the process :teeth:
I queue for food and get back to the table just as the medley finale is playing. Everyone is happy as they get a show as well as food.
Now when we saw the show in November we had queued for the tickets and I would still recommend this as the best way to see the show, but the café represents a decent alternative.

The weather had got a bit cold se we decide to head back to car and the Ranch.
As we hit the lobby at HNY Uncle Scrooge is there with little attention. Since he is related to Donald we think this is as good as it will get. With another photograph and autograph secured we head for the car.
f334718f.jpg

Back at the ranch our code does not open the barrier, but a friendly CM gives us another code.
A quick change of clothes and we head back to the park.
We arrive back in time for the parade. This is always Robyn’s favourite, so we watch the floats.

Next stop is Phantom Manor which Morgan and Jack both enjoy. Robyn decides she wants to do this, now remember Snow White and Pinocchio, is this a good idea. :confused3 At the end it is announced that “I wasn’t scared” and we’ll do this again. So we decide to push our luck. We have always fancied a photograph of us all on Pirates of the Caribbean, since the film is a family favourite.
So we go on this and Robyn is not fazed at all. Unfortunately only Diane and I are visible.

The kids are keen for us to go to Hakuna Matata for supper, but it is closed for refurb.

As we head out of the park we note that security is heightened. A txt from home explains the worst of today’s events. I txt my brother who says they are well but not sure what travel arrangements will be there for tomorrow.

Supper at Annette’s Diner is the usual success.

When we get back to the Ranch I head to the shops, while the kids are bathed.
The shops are well provided with food as well as merchandise. I buy apple juice and real coffee for breakfast and red wine for later.

Write today’s report and then off to bed.

Brilliant, can't wait for day 3. :)

The crowds sound quite bearable - what are the wait times like in July?

I suppose they can't be too bad before you could squeeze in Snow White's, Pinocchio, Dumbo and the Mad hatters before 10:45!!!

Glad all your family was safe

Kaye

Great reading Reid - aren't kids priceless??? Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Looking forward to day 3.

I've posted up on the technical board as I cannot get any new thread started.
Hopefully one of the techies will help fix this soon.

Reid

I had that problem too when trying to post my trip reports. I had read somewhere on the board that if you used a short title it would post easier and then you could edit it later.I tried that and it worked for me.

JulieH said:
I had that problem too when trying to post my trip reports. I had read somewhere on the board that if you used a short title it would post easier and then you could edit it later.I tried that and it worked for me.

Julie's got it!

Reid, great report! Your children are adorable!

Great report so far Reid, sounds like you and "the troop" had a lot of fun. Glad also to hear Jack recovered so quickly. Love the photos too!

Reid, I hope you don't mind but I split off your day 2 as it looks like you wanted to do that in the first place!

Sounds like a lovely day! Love the breakfast arrangment at DCR - what a good idea.

Reid, I hope you don't mind but I split off your day 2 as it looks like you wanted to do that in the first place!

I expect he's furious Karen!! ;) :teeth:

I expect he's furious Karen!! ;) :teeth:

Oh I do aim to please :rotfl: :rotfl:

Didn't want to upset him twice in one day ;) what with implying he was a smelly grumpy individual already ;)

Thanks Karen , I've been trying to post it with one word titles, no numbers in the titles etc etc to no avail :crazy:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter