Day 2

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Tuesday 8-21-01

Cast

Me - Mom 41
DH - 40
DD - 8

Off to Islands of Aventure, DD was hungry, we stopped at Croiissant Moon, she grabbed a ham, cheese and egg croissant, I had a yummy fruit cup, DH didnt want anything. We hit the Hulk, DH didnt ride, (wimp), he claims he just didnt feel like it, me and daredevil DD flashed the room key and waited approx. 30 seconds to get on the ride...FOTL ROCKS!!!!!!! Next Storm force, ok, I really dont care for spin rides, but it was fun. Off to Dr Doom......Love it, wish it went up and down a few more times, love that 1st thrust up.....made me scream!!!!!! Next was ripshaw falls, waited about 10 minutes after the FOTL merges with the regular lines....still not too bad......love this ride, what a drop....now off to the Popeye/Bluto ride, my favorite, got
SOAKED....waited about 3 minutes after cutting into the line....I didnt really like the FOTL setup here, those people we cut in front of werent too happy...I sat in the sun while DD and DH played around in Me ship the olive....my sneakers and socks dried out pretty good, but I bought DD some sandals, what a dummy, we left our water shoes back at the HRH....Next we hit the JPRA, DD would not go on it...scared the @#@# out of her last year, I mean hysterics, we parked her at a spot next to the wet zone to take our picture....This too is on of my favorites, waited 10 seconds for a seat....FOTL is great....Camp Jurrisac freaks out alyssa too so we were off to the Tri. experience, this was the first time it was up and running, I thought it was fun....

Next stop, the Flying Unicorn, again right on with FOTL, now to DD, last year we were in the front row of fire, this year we were on the lst row of ice, didntwant to wait the xtra time for the front row. WHAT A RIDE....Now we were starving...how convenient...MYTHOS!!!!!!!!!!

Mythos is a great dining experiece, great atmosphere, a little chilly whe your clothes are still damp....I had the wrap of the day, italian sausage, zucchini, peppers, it was so good.....DH had the chseburger, happy with it, DD had the pizza, could not finish cause she ate so much bread, Oh I forgot about the bread....It came warm and delicious....I could have ate 3 loaves of that and been happy.....Needed to same room fr desert, tried the chocolate-banana gooey cake.....IT WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our pkg came with a 15% coupon for Mythos, Hey, every little bit helps....Great meal...service was a little slow...

Next Posidens Fury, I never saw the show before, It was terrific, scared poor Alyssa though, I lied to her and told her I didnt think there was any fire in the show....She got over it fast and didnt even cry....I go rammed by a 300+lb woman in one of those motorized wheelchair things...GRRRRRR, thats getting off the track though....What great effects, I thought the show was great.....Off to see Sinbad, on the way met a funky looking wizard...got seated for sinbad, but lo and behold, storm came in....canceled sinbad, they shot off the fireworks anyways and you could meet and greet the actors, we said, no thanks, off to see Dr Suess.

We went on Cat in the Hat, with everyone else that wanted to stay dry, but we went right in the express line....twice....the rain did not look like it was gonna let up...off to Margeritaville, had a couple of raspberry 'ritas, yummy, sat at the bar....had some chicken wings, not too spicy, just right....got to see the volcano erupt....another highlight for DD....afraid we would never leave after 1 more drink we decided to try a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens, it was ok, liked the 'rita better...next up was Motown...DD wanted to make a CD, a little dissapointed, she wanted to make a video like she did at Pleasure Island last year....Brittny Spearsm watch out...Alyssa is gonna give you a run for her money, just kidding, You can hardly even hear her snging, but it was worth the $20 just to make her happy....Plus I had a couple of Pina Colada while we were waiting....Back to the HRH....

Here comes the sun.....Yippee, we can check out the pool....

We got back to our room, there was an invitation left under the door for a reception with the Hotel Brass for the next night....cool

Pool is cool, nice bar, pretty pricey, tried to play chess, missing a piece, one of the purple knights was not there. Check out Camp L'il Rock, DD gave it the thumbs up sign for Wednesday night....went back to the room and crashed early....

Another terrific day:) Sounds like Mythos was a hit! I cant wait to have a full meal here this trip last time I just had dessert, same banana concoction you had...it is amazing!

Did you encounter many characters at IOA? Who did you see? Sounds like you went at a great time, crowds werent bad?
Thank you for another great report!:)

It was crowded, more than last sept when we went, but bearable,

When waiting with DD to meet the Grinch, 2 women ignored the line and walked up to take pictures with him, Not with me in line, I said "Hey, there is a line here"!!!!!!!Believe me there was a very obvious line. I hate line cutters, so they went to the end of the line, my DD was a bit embarassed by my outburst, but happy I spoke up. DD thinks that that could be my next career, line police, just call me Patty, line 5-0. Too funny.

We did run into Rocky and Bullwinkle, they were with Boris and Natasha. That was about it.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter