Day 3

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Wed 8-22-01

Cast Me - Mom 41
DH - 40
DD - 8

Off to USF again, I dont think that I mentioned the weather yet....HOT...

1st stop Nick Studios, lots of fun, used up a lot of time, though, i think the tour and show lasted about an hour...DD loved it even though she was not picked to be part of it, she was picked last year...

Next stop Hanna Barbara...still fun after all these years....

Off to the Beetlejuice show....Great Show, 1st tme seeing it, got 2nd row with Express Pass..those actors must have been so hot, we were melting just watching them...Over to King Kong, DD loves this ride too, surprising though, cause it involves fire....

Next lunch at Mama Leone's, not bad, I had a meatball sub and DD and DH had spag & meatballs...

Next stop was Twister, DD refused to go on, that really scares her, she waited for us on a bench in the Twister gift shop....I think this is one of the best attractions....last year we were in the last row, this year we were in the front, much more windy in the front!!!!

Next was the Wild West show, cute and funny, DD loved it.

Back on MIB, got horrible scores, went in the single riders line, we all got to sit together....

Headed to NY for the Blues Brothers, they were great, I really love seeing them....

Rammed into again by a man on one of those automated wheelchairs, bad bruise on leg this time!!!!!!!! Really starting to hate those things...

DD starting to melt down, Feet hurt, VERY HOT!!!!!, Grabbed an ice cream at that counter, hoping to see marilyn monroe, no show....Did run into someone from my hometown there....
That always amazes me, 1500 miles from home and I see someone I know, once, about 15 years ago I ran into my cousin at Minnies Minihuna Breakfast at the POLY, we didnt even know we would be in FLA at the same time...TOO FUNNY, I guess it really is a small world.

One more time in T2-3D, cool show.......

Back to the HRH.

Brought DD down to Camp Lil Rock, she loved it, giant screen tv, computers, play stations, arts and crafts, snacks. We did have them serve her dinner, there was a choice of pizza, chicken nuggets, PB&J, grilled cheese, she chose the chicken. Said it was tasty.

We were off to the reception at the Avalon Lobby, we got there and were greeted by the Hotl Brass, the hotel General Manager was there, Head of Husekeeping, Security, Conferences, and Guest Services. They had a bar set up, FREE DRINKS, and a table with hors d'ourves...Very yummy, Every one picked our brains, what did we like, what didnt we like, open to suggestions, I suggested that they never get rid of FOTL, I was told that the Royal Pacfic should be ready to open next august....etc, needless to say, I didnt eat much, and drank lots!!!!!!!! The reception was supposed to end at 7:30, but we were still swilling drinks at 8:30, at that time we noticed that we were the only guests left, just hotel people, and we decide to head over to the Velvet Bar for a few more cocktails...

Side note, the invitation said, 2 adults, we called and checked with guest services, and they stated that children werent really welcome, no problem for us, we wanted a little adult time anyways.....A few familys did come in with their kids...My DH asked one of the hotel brass about that and she shrugged and said that they would prefer no kids at that event, but what could you do? We did notice that the familys with kids didnt hang around too long.

Velvet Bar....Very nice....great bartenders, ours were Erin and Josh, Josh is in a band, hope he makes it big, DH saw Josh again the next day, he was also a bartender at the Beach Club.

Needless to say, we got pretty buzzed, even tried out an apple shot, there is a big container with granny smith apples soaking in vodka, they also add a couple of bags of green jolly ranchers to it for taste, we each had one, pretty tasty, but 11 pm came and time to pick up DD from Camp Lil Rock, she does recommend it...they stayed in and watched movies and did arts and crafts, they have a paper listing what they do during the day. That ran $7 an hour so 5 hours plus dinner for her was $45.00. Not too bad.

A man sitting next to us at Velvet wanted to bring his wife a shot back to the room, I dont know what it was, some kind of bourbon, but it was $50 a shot, me and DH started worrying about our bar bill??? We each had 4 drinks plus a shot, we sweated that out until the bill came, $58, not bad at all....then, they next morning I was quite sick from all those drinks, must have been the green apple shot, LOL

Did you see any characters at Nick Studios? I am so glad your DD loved Camp Lil Rock. We will be taking the kids one evening next week too. Nice being invited to the reception and being able to supply feedback! I am impressed. Thats a nice touch and a great way to hear what their clients think. Better than a comment card for sure! Any characters out and about at Universal?

A small world it is....my husband no matter where we travel to always runs into someone he knows!

Was it very hot and humid? Did you swim in the pool?
I will have to try an apple shot! Sounds yummy.

Did you eat at any of the Hotels restaurants?

Thank you again for sharing your trip with us:) It sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

We saw 2 of the Wild Thornberries, but DD did not want to stop to meet with them, she met the Cat in the Hat and the Grinch at IOA, she also met Rocky and Bulwinkle & Boris and Natasha at IOA, She was dissapointed that she did not meet SHREK, He appears at the Gardens of Allah and they post the times, but we were never around.

It was very hot and humid, probably 95 every day.

We never ate at the Hotel, we were going to eat at the Sunset Grill, but DH is a smoker and the smoking section outside was closed due to rain.

He went down to the Sunset Grille to get us coffee one morning, $9.00 for 3 coffees!!!

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter