Day 4 – 9th July,two parks today

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Day 4 – 9th July, two parks today

Cast members

Me – Disney fanatic - I stomped through Disneyland Paris in 1997, since why come to a theme park when you’re in Paris, yes really!
Diane (DP) – Long suffering Disney widow, buts loves it all anyway
Morgan (DD) – 7 year old Disney fan. Favourites BTM, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jack (DS) – 5 year old Disney, Star Wars and Power Rangers fan. Favourite Autopia
Robyn (DD) – 3 year old Disney fan. Loves parades and Casey Jr

It’s decided that we’ll do Studios today. So being familiar as we are :) kids pop on their sandals while still in their pyjamas and we skip to the breakfast hut.
Breakfast of croissant, apple juice and hot chocolate for the younger generation and croissant and café for the grown ups ;)
Parked as usual in HNY – we’ll be on first name terms with the gate :) Noted that they have stepped security here also, all car registrations are logged for each car entering and leaving the hotel carpark.

There is now a security arrangement set-up at the gates before you reach the Disneyland Hotel. We found that if you arrive with bags, camera bags open for inspection that you were through much quicker :)

We enter the Studios and spot Donald, Pluto and Minnie. The kids make a bee-line for Pluto while I head for Donald. Since I’ve got the autograph books the troop soon join me. Mind you just as well as after photograph and autograph Donald heads away, followed quickly by the other characters. We were one of the few to get Donald, so we’re pleased :sunny:
f329b979.jpg

When we get through Studio 1 we spot Elastigirl is on the photospot. So we queue and get the troops photographs and autographs. As we turn to go, Robyn runs back for a final hug :awe our photo is not bad, but thankfully the photographer was on the ball and this photograph is framed for the girl’s bedroom.
f329b983.jpg

As the Tram tour has no queue we head on over. It is walk on and we end up on the back trailer on the front two rows.
Beware they get very wet :scared1:
When we come off it is almost time for Good Morning Parade. We enjoy this, albeit it is a short parade. We wave too Donald again :sunny
We spy Mr. Incredible and head for there just before the parade finishes, as does half the park ;)
Just as we get to the front Elastigirl appears, which unfortunately signals a CM changeover :(
Mr. Incredible also does not sign autographs. DS’s reason is lovely – “he is so strong he would break the pen” – kids, don’t you love them :)
f3257c9e.jpg

Off to the Magic Carpet ride and I take up position on the photo platform. A few of the results are passable.
We watched Lilo and Stitch catch a wave party, but sadly Jack sees this as a girly thing, so he sits there frozen. Robyn and Morgan are up there giving it plenty. Robyn doesn’t understand why she does not get up on stage; especially as Morgan got on last summer.
My advice for those whose children would enjoy this is head for the left of the stage (the stairs are here) and wear something noticeable.

We, the parents wanted to do Animagique, the kids were not impressed. Probably because last summer we waited 20 minutes and due to technical fault the show did not happen.
Of course everyone enjoyed this and we are singing Animagique as we come out :rolleyes1

As it is now 12 o’clock we are looking for lunch. Backlot Express was our only choice as DS was keen to see star cruiser. We had croque monsieurs and sandwiches.

Afterwards we decide to head back to the Disneyland Park and go straight to Fantasyland.
First stop is the teacups, followed by IASW. And then it happens…. di di dann
We go on POTC and we have it figured. Diane and DD’s go on one row, while DS and I go on row behind. We then make sure that we are at opposite sides of the boat from each other – result we get a photograph that you can see all of us fine. Another for the collection. Wonder if others collect these all the same? Our hallway is full of them.
Autopia only has 15 minute line so we queue for a boy’s verus the girl’s race, mind you on the same track this is not F1 :)
f329cb19.jpg

We try Honey I Shrunk The Audience as we feel that everyone is up for this. The kids didn’t enjoy this much; not because they were scared but rather bored. I was quite disappointed and have to say the pre-show does nothing for the effect.
A quick check of the watch and it is 3.45pm, so we decide to take up a spot across from Bella Notte, since Main St and Plaza Gardens will be well staked out by now.
We had a great uninterrupted view and Robyn has a great time waving to the Princesses.
f3257a81.jpg

There is time for a couple of rides before supper and no surprises that the troop head for Casey Jr and Storybook.

The evening is nice so we decide to go to Fuente del Oro and sit outside. A mixture of chicken wings, fajitas, chili and mixed platter is devoured :drinking:

Oh no, I forgot to collect the photographs from the Studios so I have to burn off some calories to get there before it shuts :scared:

Back at the ranch, kids are bathed and bedded by 8pm. Tired but happy.

We sit out writing postcards and enjoying the stars with “essentials” till late.

Goodnight :wave2:

Reid

A great day at the parks, followed by a quiet evening with "essentials"! Life doesn't get much better!! :goodvibes

Great report again and superb photos of the kiddies with the characters, Reid!! It all sounds so much fun. I really wish we'd discovered Disney when our kids were little - but we didn't have the funds then!! You are so modest Reid - I'm sure that view of you on Autopia doesn't show your best side!!! ;) It's interesting that they've now decided to do a security check for the main park like in WDW. Looking forward to day 5!!!

Mr. Incredible also does not sign autographs. DS’s reason is lovely – “he is so strong he would break the pen” – kids, don’t you love them

That is so sweet!! Yet so logical :teeth:

What a lovely day.

Really good report Reid :goodvibes

............wish we'd been organised and thought about the "real essentials!"

Cyrano said:
Wonder if others collect these all the same? Our hallway is full of them.

Reid

Yes!!! Our hallway is also full of photos of our DD's and our dogs!!! We love it but I am not sure the House Doctor would approve! :rolleyes1

Another lovely day for you all :flower:

Another eventful day! I wonder if the additional security checks are due to recent events or will be permanent?

Looking forward to day 5.

We go on POTC and we have it figured. Diane and DD’s go on one row, while DS and I go on row behind. We then make sure that we are at opposite sides of the boat from each other – result we get a photograph that you can see all of us fine. Another for the collection. Wonder if others collect these all the same? Our hallway is full of them.

We keep buying them too - got one this year in the funky cut-out perspex frame!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter