Day Trips.

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
With fuel prices rising I know that many people are looking for things requiring less fuel. I was just wondering how many people are having one-day vacations so to speak. Where do you take your day trips?

Last weekend my husband and I caught the CalTrain, which runs down the San Francisco Peninsula, to Menlo Park and went to Lisa's Tea Treasures across the street from the train station. It is a frilly little place started by the heir to the Levi Strauss fortune, and supposedly her name was Lisa. One newspaper reporter years ago referred to the tea house as "over the top precious." I think that was more true the first time we were there than it is now under the new ownership but still true.

True enough that I wondered how my husband was dealing with that estrogen-ladened environment the first time we were there because it is a predominately female establishment. I wondered if it was just coincidence that we later ended up in a Round Table Pizza parlour with enough testosterone in the air that Oakland was playing San Francisco in a football game on the TV there and where there were so many men to women that there was a line for the men's room but not the women's. I later joked to a female friend that he had gotten even. Our second trip to Lisa's this weekend was at his suggestion though, and we agreed that it looked like the kind of place that would be popular with Disney fans.

Where do you go for your day trips, if you ever take them, when you get a day off? Do you ever get the same sense that we do when you walk into a business or a public park that you can just tell immediately whether or not that location would be popular with Disney fans? It is the strangest thing, but I really do feel like there is a Disney personality in people and a Disney personality in places that aren't even owned by Disney. I suspect that would be the case in the Children's Fairyland in Oakland, but I wouldn't know since the childless aren't allowed in there.

We have taken day trips to Jack London State Park, Armstrong Woods, The Tech Museum in San Jose, the Charles Schultz Musuem. Can't think what else. We tend to go to state parks and have a picnic there. Deli sandwhiches, of course. :)

I've had those same Disney impressions about places or people too. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter