Day visit?

ShaunaM

DIS Veteran
We are frequent visitors to DL.
But are opting for horror of horrors A non Disneyland vacation this Easter; as we await Galaxy's Edge . My eldest asked if we could visit Aulani for a meal while in Hawaii. It would seem this is possible ;I know we can't use the beach excetera but does anyone know about doing luau or a character meal. I'm completely unfamiliar with the resort so any information you could help me with would be appreciated my children are 15, 17 and 19 so bare that in mind. A little dose of pixie dust will help tide us over to our next Disneyland trip. If we opted for just a restaurant what is the nicest one for a family meal?

Thanks olafLover , I did not know about the beaches.

With children of those ages, I would choose Ama Ama. Stunning view of the ocean, friendly service and delicious food. I had lunch there most days of our recent trip. Still missing the fish of the day which during our stay was mahi mahi prepared differently every day. Delicious every day, too. It is so peaceful at lunch. Breakfast and dinner are great, too, but lunch might work well for you on a touring day.

Personally I would recommend Makahiki if you’re wanting a Disney fix. If most of you like seafood, do the character dinner; if not, do breakfast. Not sure what flavor kids you have, but girls might enjoy a spa day. I didn’t try it but it gets great reviews here. But yes, if you’re in Oahu anyway, I think it would be a great way to get a little Disney fix :)

With children of those ages, I would choose Ama Ama. Stunning view of the ocean, friendly service and delicious food. I had lunch there most days of our recent trip. Still missing the fish of the day which during our stay was mahi mahi prepared differently every day. Delicious every day, too. It is so peaceful at lunch. Breakfast and dinner are great, too, but lunch might work well for you on a touring day.
Thanks I will check it out!

Personally I would recommend Makahiki if you’re wanting a Disney fix. If most of you like seafood, do the character dinner; if not, do breakfast. Not sure what flavor kids you have, but girls might enjoy a spa day. I didn’t try it but it gets great reviews here. But yes, if you’re in Oahu anyway, I think it would be a great way to get a little Disney fix :)
Hmm that is a conundrum, we would lean to a character meal just to get the fix , but teenagers and breakfast doe not always jive, unless there are late sittings. We have two vegetarians (so no seafood) , and one absolute lover of anything that comes from the sea, lol!

Hmm that is a conundrum, we would lean to a character meal just to get the fix , but teenagers and breakfast doe not always jive, unless there are late sittings. We have two vegetarians (so no seafood) , and one absolute lover of anything that comes from the sea, lol!
There were plenty of other meat options, and I remember several veggie dishes as well. My DH enjoyed it and he eats no seafood. Kids and I do, and we feasted!! We thought dinner food was better than breakfast, so I think that would be your best option.

Just an FYI - Some of the Japanese dishes on the buffet may have been prepared using dashi. Dashi is a widely used stock that is flavored with dried fish. We use it to make miso soup, we boil eggs in it, add it to vegetable tempura dipping sauces, simmer veggies, etc. And even though you'd think that you'd be able to detect a fish flavor/smell, it goes undetected by many people.

Just an FYI - Some of the Japanese dishes on the buffet may have been prepared using dashi. Dashi is a widely used stock that is flavored with dried fish. We use it to make miso soup, we boil eggs in it, add it to vegetable tempura dipping sauces, simmer veggies, etc. And even though you'd think that you'd be able to detect a fish flavor/smell, it goes undetected by many people.
Thanks for the heads up..good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter