Days for Halloween Screams Fireworks?

Buzzd

Earning My Ears
I'll be in the parks in October and I'm trying to plan some dining reservations. I'd like to do a Blue Bayou Fantasmic! package on a Saturday but I'm unsure if the Halloween Screams fireworks will run Friday (i.e. it only runs Sat/Sun each week). Does anyone have any news on the dates for the Halloween Screams fireworks in October? It'd help a ton in getting my schedule lined out. Thank you!

They haven’t published the entertainment schedule, but Friday night has always been included in the weekend fireworks showings - no reason to expect this year to be different.

Keep in mind that fireworks are rather frequently cancelled in October due to wind...

Yeah I thought that was strange, they have an official page with a link telling me to refer to the entertainment schedule and look for 'Halloween Screams with Fireworks' yet it's not at all listed on there. Okay great to know that Fridays are typically included - I would think so as well. And if it somehow gets impacted by the recent cuts, I would assume they'd cut Sunday instead of Friday in any case... but who knows.

Bummer about the winds in October, now I have a new thing to check up on as I get closer to the trip!

Bummer about the winds in October, now I have a new thing to check up on as I get closer to the trip!
A note about the winds...as Skyegil1999 mentioned, fireworks are not infrequently cancelled due to winds. However, it's winds "at higher elevation" and not necessarily the wind you do (or do not) feel at ground level. It's basically one of the calls they make right at showtime (and sometimes during the middle of the show!).

And it can be wind direction, not just speed. If the winds are blowing the firework debris toward the nearby freeway, the show will be cancelled -- even mid-show -- regardless of the wind speed.

Dang, it sounds like I need to do a poll for how many people have gotten fireworks cancelled on them in October! I guess we should just plan for Fantasmic! on the best day and hope the wind stays down for the fireworks.

"Halloween Screams with Fireworks" will run on "selected nights" (likely Fri, Sat, Sun).
"Halloween Screems" with run on other nights; the same show without the fireworks.
Some version of the show will run every night, even if wind cancels fireworks.

"Halloween Screams with Fireworks" will run on "selected nights" (likely Fri, Sat, Sun).
"Halloween Screems" with run on other nights; the same show without the fireworks.
Some version of the show will run every night, even if wind cancels fireworks.

Oh that's great to hear! I'd changed my plans to arrive one day earlier to see Halloween Screams, then read they wouldn't be running on Oct 30th which is a Wednesday. Thank you Nonsuch!! I get to look forward to them again.

And it can be wind direction, not just speed. If the winds are blowing the firework debris toward the nearby freeway, the show will be cancelled -- even mid-show -- regardless of the wind speed.
We were there mid-September last year and had them cancelled mid-show. My 10 year old son has noise issues and was in tears (did fine during Fantasmic, but hated the Fireworks). I've never seen a kid so happy to hear "Due to winds at higher elevations, our fireworks are cancelled". He stopped crying immediately, popped up and asked what was next! :-)

Here we are in the last half of August and we still don’t know anything about when this is happening. Sigh.

We were there mid-September last year and had them cancelled mid-show. My 10 year old son has noise issues and was in tears (did fine during Fantasmic, but hated the Fireworks). I've never seen a kid so happy to hear "Due to winds at higher elevations, our fireworks are cancelled". He stopped crying immediately, popped up and asked what was next! :-)
Youngest loved (!) fireworks but went through a long phase of being so scared of the noise (and the dark, and the crowds, etc.). We came up with a workaround by viewing from the solarium (the TL end) at Plaza Inn. The view isn't fabulous, but it isn't too bad. You can see the castle (enough) and the fireworks, the lights are on (no dark!), you can stay at your table or go closer to the windows (or even on to the patio if the little ones are feeling brave). And who doesn't like fireworks accompanied by fried chicken and cake? :)

Here we are in the last half of August and we still don’t know anything about when this is happening. Sigh.

I know!! It's really messing with my planning because if this isn't showing with fireworks the Friday we are there, then we're heading to Knott's Scary Farm! Really wish I could plan that day out!

I know!! It's really messing with my planning because if this isn't showing with fireworks the Friday we are there, then we're heading to Knott's Scary Farm! Really wish I could plan that day out!

If your considering going to Scary Farms instead on that night, I would just go there. With all of Disney's cost cutting this year they might have more than the normal amount of "wind" issues this fall. Fireworks are expensive.

If your considering going to Scary Farms instead on that night, I would just go there. With all of Disney's cost cutting this year they might have more than the normal amount of "wind" issues this fall. Fireworks are expensive.

I did think about that. And I do know true wind is always an issue! But I'm just not sure I wanna forgo the chance. I love me some Zero flying!

If you do decide to go on a weekend night, be sure to buy the front of the line ticket. The weekend crowds at Scary Farms are pretty packed but not bad with the of front line pass. We love going and are doing the MiceChat special event at Scary Farms this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter